Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heroes of the Skies

Posted by mumofsixbirds 
Heroes of the Skies
August 11, 2016
Hey everyone, this is really cool. This weekend is the Abbotsford Air Show, and it is called "Heroes of the Skies." Well, the whole thing is literally taking place RIGHT OVER MY HOUSE and the sights of these aircrafts have so far absolutely blown me away!

They are doing loop de loops, tricks, and I just saw six white jets fly together over my home. They are all practising and I literally have front row seats! I'm so excited about this. I have a love for planes, blimps and ships. I dunno why, really, but they fascinate me. They are all practising their flights right now, and I am getting the preshow.

Yesterday, a fighter jet was flying around in circles over our house and the whole place shook. At first I thought it was thunder until I saw this impressive military jet literally break the sound barrier! They are all flying really low so that people have the best views. I know it's going to be noisy and chaotic, but that's what earplugs are for.

Oh yea, and there will also be planes from the distant past as well.

This is going to be an AWESOME weekend! grinning smiley
Re: Heroes of the Skies
August 11, 2016
mumofsixbirds
Hey everyone, this is really cool. This weekend is the Abbotsford Air Show, and it is called "Heroes of the Skies." Well, the whole thing is literally taking place RIGHT OVER MY HOUSE and the sights of these aircrafts have so far absolutely blown me away!

They are doing loop de loops, tricks, and I just saw six white jets fly together over my home. They are all practising and I literally have front row seats! I'm so excited about this. I have a love for planes, blimps and ships. I dunno why, really, but they fascinate me. They are all practising their flights right now, and I am getting the preshow.

Yesterday, a fighter jet was flying around in circles over our house and the whole place shook. At first I thought it was thunder until I saw this impressive military jet literally break the sound barrier! They are all flying really low so that people have the best views. I know it's going to be noisy and chaotic, but that's what earplugs are for.

Oh yea, and there will also be planes from the distant past as well.

This is going to be an AWESOME weekend! grinning smiley

May have been the RCAF Snowbirds!

That's exactly what they were, thom! It was an awesome sight, indeed!
August 12, 2016
I am so jealous. I love air shows. Have fun watching the planes!
August 12, 2016
mistress rotwang
I am so jealous. I love air shows. Have fun watching the planes!

Aw, thanks Mistress R! I wish you could be here. We would have a ball, watching the acrobatics and getting hammered.

ETA: Yesterday one of these babies flew over my house at extremely low altitude. It was impressive!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login