Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extinct baby names?

Posted by ondinette 
Extinct baby names?
May 17, 2017
We haven't had a name nerd thread in a long time. I recently came across this article about 36 once common names which are nearly extinct.

http://www.aarp.org/home-family/friends-family/info-2017/baby-names-becoming-extinct-fd.html

I like many of the names on that list. Donna and Elaine are my favorites, what a bummer they are out of style.

The names at the end which are rising in popularity are awful, except for Calista.

What do you think?
Re: Extinct baby names?
May 17, 2017
I like Alizeh.

I'm surprised at a lot of those "endangered" names-- I thought they were still pretty common.
May 29, 2017
OMG... Thank goodness I'll be too old to be around for a world full of Tahitis, Koas and Alizehs. Is that last just because people can't spell? It is just a dumb new way to spell "Eliza?"
May 29, 2017
similar, I think, to the popularity in certain circles of the name JuWan. People couldn't figure out how to pronounce Juan, and so it evolved, possibly?
June 01, 2017
But I thought Juan was pronounced "Wh-ahn"... not "Joo-ahn"... or am I the crazy one?
June 01, 2017
freedomchick
OMG... Thank goodness I'll be too old to be around for a world full of Tahitis, Koas and Alizehs. Is that last just because people can't spell? It is just a dumb new way to spell "Eliza?"

If that's how they're pronouncing "Alizeh," I like it less now. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login