Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone here interested in miniatures?

Posted by mumofsixbirds 
Re: Anyone here interested in miniatures?
November 29, 2018
Thats why I hate Christmas. The 'magical' time of year when the hypocrite pronatalist creep organizations crawl from their holes and milk the wallets of passerby ignoramuses who come from overpriced, plastic-garbage-littered consumerific Christmas markets, drunk on mulled wine.
Christianity my ass...

yurble
people have been trying for decades to eradicate child poverty, and none of the attempts have been remotely effective except for one: contraception. Only antinatalism addresses the root cause of all humanity's problems.

Exactly that is my view too, plus, it is not only the solution to humanity's problems, but the Earth's problems too. After all its humans who are the worst, greediest, most ruthless and out-of-balance predators who shovel their own and the planet's graves with all the out-of-control breeding, killing (each other and animals) and destruction of the environment.

Antinatalism is the best practical philosophy for a sustainable environment that has ever been available, imo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom & Art & Music >>>>>>>>>> human spawn

"Music is immortal. People are not."
-William Anger, "King's Story" - Thief2 FM by Zontik
November 29, 2018
Haha, okay. Snotgollums I'd love to use whenever necessary, if I have your permission. That's HILARIOUS! grinning smiley

Thank you for the encouragement! I haven't done a whole lot more with it recently, because I've been busy getting my schooling finished. It is a fun little hobby to do when I have the time, though. I'm going to put two bedrooms on the top shelf, and transform the doored-off shelf into a creepy basement. That was Yurble's idea, and I thought it was brilliant.

I'm planning on painting it to look like an old, abandoned hotel from the outside. Once I have the furnishings done, I will be adding some weird things from some of my favorite horror literature. I imagine I'll have to make some of it from scratch, but I think it would be fun!

I even got my neighbor interested in miniatures again. He's had a cool miniature train set when he was younger, and I think my dollhouse sparked him to get back into that again. He even told me that if he finds anything in his travels that would work in there, he'd pick it up for me!

I sometimes read online reviews for doll furniture and stuff, and I see that some breeders get rather upset when their preciouses break the delicate and expensive doll furniture. A lot of it just isn't meant to be manhandled. It's costly and very breakable. Of course, these breeders leave shitty reviews, but it isn't the manufacturer's fault.

Right now, I'm practicing the piano. My mother left hers to me and I've wanted to play it. It requires some repairs and tuning, but I find it a very relaxing hobby as well. I mix it in with the rest of my hobbies, such as reading and dollhouse making, and I find that it keeps me out of trouble, lol.
November 30, 2018
mumofsixbirds
Thank you for the encouragement! I haven't done a whole lot more with it recently, because I've been busy getting my schooling finished. It is a fun little hobby to do when I have the time, though. I'm going to put two bedrooms on the top shelf, and transform the doored-off shelf into a creepy basement. That was Yurble's idea, and I thought it was brilliant.

I'm planning on painting it to look like an old, abandoned hotel from the outside. Once I have the furnishings done, I will be adding some weird things from some of my favorite horror literature. I imagine I'll have to make some of it from scratch, but I think it would be fun!

Sounds cool, I'm looking forward to pictures of the finished house!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login