Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anthony Bourdain

Posted by quiltergirl 
Anthony Bourdain
June 08, 2018
So sad about Anthony Bourdain's death. He was one hell of a storyteller.
Re: Anthony Bourdain
June 08, 2018
None of us know the demons that haunt other people's minds.

He was the only celebrity chef I liked. The rest are all pompous dolts impressed with themselves.

I do like Michael Symon, Alex Guarnaschelli and Stephanie Izzard. They don't seem pompous. Batalli -- can't stand him.
June 10, 2018
I also like Symon and Guarnaschelli. I have the latter’s two cookbooks. Also, Nigella Lawson, Ming Tsai, Edward Lee, Vivian Howard, J. Kenji Lopez-Alt, and Michael W. Twitty (not a chef, but amazing food writer). None of them seem pompous, not even Nigella. Vivien Howard definitely isn’t pompous or full of herself when you watch A Chef’s Life.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
June 10, 2018
In the last year, I got hooked on CNN's Parts Unknown, and loved the way he explored culture through food. The world is a slightly less interesting place without him.
June 11, 2018
paragon schnitzophonic
Vivien Howard definitely isn’t pompous or full of herself when you watch A Chef’s Life.

I love A Chef's Life and Vivien. I have her cookbook. It's awesome. I also like David Chang. He reminds me of Bourdain.
June 11, 2018
David Chang was the chef I was trying to remember when I was making my post. Yes, I really like him, too.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login