Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Overdose awareness day and....narcissism

Posted by twocents 
Overdose awareness day and....narcissism
September 02, 2021
Overdose awareness was a few days ago. Mind you, I'm not trying to diminish the anguish in all these cases...but... and this is a big but.....I was looking on TV at some of the gatherings, etc that they were covering and it occurred to me, 'how many of these people who became addicted and eventually died were because their parents were abusive nasty narissists?'. Narcs are class acts and fool virtually everyone, even their own relatives. (but then, that is another matter, famblee likes to cover for evil nasty people). So, any thoughts on this? How many are kids who just couldn't handle it because of their unfortunate make up or others who doped themselves to escape and/or endure their nasty parents and siblings.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Sometimes in life it's the only weapon we have. Roger Rabbit

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Re: Overdose awareness day and....narcissism
September 03, 2021
OTC Narcan https://www.cvs.com/content/prescription-drug-abuse/save-a-life

Legal in almost if not every state.

And yes I think a significant link to drug addiction is narcissist parents, many who were addicts themselves.

thom_c
OTC Narcan https://www.cvs.com/content/prescription-drug-abuse/save-a-life

Legal in almost if not every state.

And yes I think a significant link to drug addiction is narcissist parents, many who were addicts themselves.

In Ontario, Canada, Narcan is free from your local pharmacist.
You have to do a short test about symptoms of drug overdose and relevant first aid and then you are given two doses.

I have been a first aider/CPR for my whole life and got this to be able to render aid for overdose.
It is an epidemic everywhere, including the small towns where I live.
Despite negative reactions from a number of people- I would rather render aid to save a life and give them a potential chance at a better life.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login