Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PSA: Winter Weather and Driving In It

Posted by SlumSlut 
PSA: Winter Weather and Driving In It
December 18, 2008
I spun out on some black ice today on my way to work. Luckily, there were no cars coming the other way, and I had my seatbelt on, so I'm not really hurt, other than that pain-in-the-neck you get whenever one of these things happens. It happened over a bridge, a few minutes after I turned off my 4wd because the road looked dry (FYI - you can screw up your 4wd if you use it on dry road too much).

But, my little trucky was not so lucky. Fortunately, I'm fully covered by my insurance and I even got a swanky SUV (with ALL-wheel drive!) with an Ohio license plate, so now I'll be driving around and peopple will think I actually make money!

Please, PLEASE drive carefully everyone! Your pets need you to take care of them! And remember, even if the "other guy" is driving safely, things can happen. So make sure you wear your seat-belt and keep your insurance up-to-date!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Re: PSA: Winter Weather and Driving In It
December 19, 2008
I'm glad you're okay.
December 19, 2008
Glad you are okay.
I had a couple of mornings that were nail biters this week.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
December 28, 2008
I spun on some ice a few weeks back comming home from college taking finals. Thank God I didn't wind in the ditch. I only have front wheel drive, not four wheel drive. boohoo.

lab mom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login