Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How I love the internetS

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
How I love the internetS
July 03, 2006
Okay, I'll get the forum started...

When I read first read this, I thought it was a joke. It wasn't. Read it and weep: Those evil internetS

Or, listen to it: Senator Stevens (R-AK)
Anonymous User
Re: How I love the internetS
July 03, 2006
Who in blue hell voted for this guy? My head hurt from reading that!
July 04, 2006
notice no one mentions the good the net does.. the health solutions, the people getting in touch, in my case finding my love.. i have lived with computers, from the first zx81, to the spectrum plus, to the bbc amiga, right upto the modern ones.. and he knows jack about the net and computers..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
sprogless
July 06, 2006
What the hell?

Is it me, or was that total nonsense? I didn't understand a word that guy said.
Anonymous User
July 06, 2006
It isn't you. I didn't want to spoil it by telling you how crazy he sounded, but WTF??? This man is voting on legislation involving the internet, and he doesn't even know how it works, or what it is!
Ten of them streaming across that internet and what happens to your own personal internet?
So, he thinks that if someone downloads a movie, it'll slow down his "internet". Notice how on the one hand he seems to think of the internet as some kind of pneumatic tube system, and then he thinks an internet is an email:
I just the other day got, an internet was sent by my staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on Friday and I just got it yesterday. Why?
bouncing and laughing I'm still laughing at this. He wants to ban people from using the internet for commercial purposes, so they won't delay his internets (aka email). I think he wants a separate internet like the Dept. of Defense has (I think he means their intranet) or for all those other people downloading movies, to get their own internets and stop bogging his down.
July 07, 2006
i am used to pc illiterates like him, so i just decompile it, i teach computers generally to older people and i travel to their homes and teach them about emails, and websites.. so they arent just sat at home vegetating..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
July 07, 2006
Cheese louise! Do you all think something regulating the Internet will be passed someday? I couldn't make heads or tails of what he was talking about. Tubes?! What the... Hard to believe this fool is in charge.
Anonymous User
July 09, 2006
He's right! Things are getting too crazy! He's been forced to get rid of his carrier pigeons and has barely had time to learn how to operate his electric telephone machine -- and they're already introducing this complicated new communication technology! This country is going down the tubes - the internet tubes!

And you know it's not safe. He's an important man! What happens if he's on his internet, and his private tubes get downloaded to some random terrorist's computer along with 10 movies? I'll tell you what'll happen -- national security will be greatly compromised!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login