Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Saying hello!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Saying hello!
July 03, 2006
Oooohhh, am I first? Cool balls!

I thought I'd start a thread in which we can introduce ourselves.

My real name is Christine, but I'm known as Catmommy hither and yon online. I'm 46 years old and married to Catdaddy for almost six years now. We have eight kids of the four-legged feline variety. We live north of Boston, MA.

I am a SAHCM (Stay-At-Home-Cat-Mom), but I used to work as a restaurant cook. I still love to cook, but it's much more pleasant to do it only at home now. I love scrapbooking, rubber stamping and other such paper crafts, and I'm damned good at it. I have had a few of my cards published in magazines recently, and there will be more to come. In the near future, I plan to start a home-based business selling my own hand-made greeting cards.

I love baseball, especially the Red Sox, but in season, we try to hit just about every minor league ballpark within a two hour drive. That is a LOT of baseball!

I also love a good microbrew, and sometimes I make the effort to make a good homebrew. Budweiser is the epitome of evil.

Well, that is all about me for now! Who are you? You only have to give as much info as you feel comfortable giving here! smiling smiley

Anonymous User
Re: Saying hello!
July 04, 2006
I'm BratfreeGirl... Hi all. For those who don't know, I set up this site about a year and a half ago. I haven't been very active (on my own site, lol) in the past few months, so I just want to thank all the "regulars" who have kept the site going.
:yr
They, and all the other posters, have made the site what it is today.

Okay, so I'm 31 and single. Or rather I'm not married and have a boyfriend...for now. I'm not sure how long that's gonna last. Before him I hadn't dated in 4 years, so this couple thing is kinda weird to me right now.

I work full time and in the fall I'll be back in school. My free time is spent either on the computer, watching TV, or both. In the past few months, I've started playing guitar again, doing a little photography, and I made my very first scrapbook! (I may hit you up for some tips on the next one, catmommy) I've also started writing. As you can tell, I've been exploring my creative side lately, and I've enjoyed it immensely. Well, that's all I can think of for now!
July 04, 2006
well since this is an introduction post.. here goes..

i am mercurior aka martin, i am 33 years old, and engaged for the first time to faust, i never liked kids, when i was in my early 20's i thought well i dont like kids but if my g/f of the time wanted one, well might as well.. this was many years ago i hasten to add, after that my dislike of kids grew and grew, i didnt know there were CF people hell i didnt know the term existed.. until i met my faust, on a message board actually. we had both been leaving messages talking yet not , pretty much like on here, then she had an awful day, felt like she had no friends, no one liked her, and i felt bad, so i just emailed her saying look you have a friend here (also leaving the message on the forum), and she saw it and was going to email me, but saw my email.. and we spoke 3 hours that first day, and we kept talking more and more, and she introduced me to the turtles site.. wasnt officially CF, then, but as i read, and discovered people like me, i finally came out of the closet and declared myself CF.

i live in st helens, lancashire, england, about 12 miles from liverpool and 25 from manchester. i am a born administrator, by nature and inclination, my parents are intelligent, but my dad was a card carrying member of mensa, and i am not half as smart as him. i work for a local old persons charity, and it teach computers to pc novices, plus i am partner in an internet/real life shop.

i didnt have a bad childhood apart from my dad dying 3 days before my 16th brithday, in my exam year, and took 8 years to die, i only knew him as being ill, i wasnt abused, or anything, i just discovered i disliked kids..

my mum is totally supportive of my lifestyle, as she says its non of her business what i do, as she has had her life, and its our choice how we live, and she will support us whatever that way is..

i have a 46 year old brother, he too is childfree, well of sorts, he is long term ill, and it doesnt look like he is going to settle down..

so thats me.. as soon as i can faust is getting the snip (her decision) and i am gonna help pay for it, then after that my turn.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
July 07, 2006
Hi! I'm Sharon 41 years old, have 3 dogs and 4 cats. I love tropical fish too. I am in the dairy industry here in Northern New York state, U.S. I'm about 150 miles North of Syracuse. I love all of you! I wish I was Bill Gates rich. I'd have a CF community with great jobs and schools just for us! *sigh* I was always CF,like Mercurior, but I never know there was others out there like me. Thank Dog for the Internet! And without sounding brown-nosy, thank you to all the admin.people for keeping these boards up and running. Darwin Bless You.
:yr
July 11, 2006
Well, I'm Feh. I live in the glorious state of Wisconsin. I am an HIV prevention worker, DJ and roller derby blocker. I have a very grumpy, old cat, and live with my boyfriend and his wonderful sweet bag of love (who is crashed out on my lap with her head on my arm). I like to party, but for the most part, enjoy hanging out at home more. I try to play up the party girl aspect of myself in potential bingo situations, I've learned drunks don't get bingoed.

I didn't really know about the term childfree until a friend of mine got a "Rats not Brats" teeshirt for her birthday and I decided to visit the website listed on it. That got me here. I did a lot of child care work earlier in my life, but never really felt the urge to go down that route full time. I don't really have problems with children so much as the rotten breeders who insist on bringing them into the world.
Anonymous User
August 29, 2006
Hello All.
You can just call me NQS. I am a fencesitter. I found this website via happilycildfree.com. I don't know if the CF lifestyle is for me, but once I go down the childed route, there is no turning back.

I'm a 35 y/o woman married to a wonderful 31 y/o man. Lately I have been very nervous about my age and having to make a decision. Luckily, DH is very supportive of whatever choice I make.

It's kind of strange that I am not being hounded by my family to breed. If anything, just the OPPOSITE is true! DH and I are both the youngest of our families, born to woman over 35. My mom lives very far away from us and already has had her grandchild experience, so whenever I call her, she has this tremble in her voice and says "You're not pregnant, are you?", as if it would be more headache for her. My MIL and FIL are both the same way...have had their grandkid experience, so DH and I feel as though we wouldn't be supported by our families if we DID have kids. It's a rough spot for me.

Anyway, I enjoy this site and hope to learn more, so I can make an educated decision.

Oh, yea, I hate entitlemoos, too. I just didn't know it was a syndrome of sorts until reading the rants here.
August 29, 2006
NQS, it is good you have a mother who is not into being a grandmother. My mom is the same way and always supported my childfree choice. One of my stepbrothers and his wifey are "expecting". My mother is being very supportive and kindly since this would be the grandchild of her late-husband but it is not as if she is ga-ga over the whole thing. She won't be providing babysitting for them at all because she is not into babies or little kids.

It is good that both sides of your's and your husband's are not into being the supportive grandparents. This way, you know what you are getting into if you do decide to have a baby. Too many older people feel they must be unpaid caretakers for their adult kid's offspring. The grown children expect it! The entitlement mentality is something else.

I have a young friend who works at the local pagan shop owned by a single moo, who ironically converted to Traditional Catholicism. She just keeps the store since she can bring the four-year-old to work with her and take off when she wants. My young friend oohed and ahhed how her boss takes such good care of her child on her own.

The moo was separated from her husband by the time he died -- he was killed by a hit-and-run driver. The young gal said how it is so sad that her boss' parents are in the UK which means that there is no grandmoo around to send the kid off for a weekend. But...the moo does have an older boyfriend who makes good money and does a lot for her even though she claims the guy is boring and talks about him behind his back.

I bet less people would breed if they did not have that family for "support" aka free babysitting...like how there are less births in states where there are no extra welfare payouts when a woman has more of those babies. It is rough to take care of a child on one's own. NQS, it is good you are thinking this over and making an educated decision rather than just "do it".

Once you go down the childed route, there is no turning back. I, too, used to think some of the rants on the now-defunt Rant Page by a fellow who went by the name Turtle were a bit out there until I worked a job solely filled by single moos and have had to endure the squalling brats in stores...
Anonymous User
August 29, 2006
I'm a little confused by the rant page. I see the message board that refers to it, but does that mean you have to go to the rant screen to find the number? It also seems like some of the topic threads are starting from points unknown. I read them and feel lost, like a link isn't showing up.

BTW, the thing that bugs me about my in-laws and their lack of grandparenting enthusiasm...

They absolutely coddle their dog. I mean to the point where DH's mother washes the dog's butt EVERYDAY, AND POWDERS IT! The dog will only do Number 2 at a local state park. No other place will do, so when we traveled recently with them AND the dog, every 7 minutes, it would fart and kill us in the back seat, forcing us to roll down the windows.

It's a sore point with me, but if that is my only bitch about my inlaws, I count myself lucky. It is humorous though. Mom cooks for it, dad talks baby talk to it....blech! It's worse than a child, as we can't do anything, because they won't leave the dog alone for more than an hour. When we traveled with them, someone had to sit in the car while everyone else ate. It was a P.I.T.A.!
August 30, 2006
generally we read bratfree main page first, then we comment on each posting, usually using the entry number.. XXXX

http://www.bratfree.com/index.shtml?ssi=yes the main page

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Tokio Fraulein
September 01, 2006
Well, I'm Frau over here in Magdeburg, Germany! I live in my own, tiny, stylish apartment with my peach-faced lovebird Roque and my Leadbeater's cockatoo Nushi. I enjoy going to concerts, my loli-cosplay, art, my job at a department store, and being a Tokio Hotel fangirl. X3 I take my sign to every concert...

I have a Super Dollfie boy named Yasashiru whom I have customized and bought a lovely bed and living room set for...He's very pretty! He wears cute schoolboy outfits. :3 I collect cool retro dolls...Like the uber-cute Blythe (anybody remember her? If you're old enough, she is from the 70s. I just now discovered her and boy am I hooked...)

As far as appearances go I'm very skinny and pale...I've got my hair red with black streaks now. I have a koi tattoo on the small of my back. X3

Mutti and Vati support my CF decision and are behind me all the way! I love them so much~!

That's just about all...^-^ Hope I didn't bore you!
CF Uter
October 03, 2006
Hi everyone!

I was born and raised as an only child in Chicago and still live there now. I'm in my early 40's. I have been married for 15 years and with my DH for about 24 years. I practice law for a very large company. I have worked there for almost 20 years. I currently have a very sweet doggie that I LUV altho in the past I have had a number of long-lived cats. My last died a few years ago at the ripe old age of 22.

Other interests are running(but I have been chronically injured for the past 2 years, so no running for now), exercising, reading, rock music, going out, talk radio, light gardening.

I have always felt CF before I even knew a term for it. I remember when I was somewhere between 6-9 years old, my friends' mom putting out a cardboard sign on their front awning "Tony's home" meaning their new little bro was home from the hospital. (Back in the 70's, people did NOT put those stupid new brat/breeding signs in the front yards.) My first reaction to the sign was, "who cares? and why is it so important to them to let everyone know with the dumb attention-whoring sign?" Ever since then, I never could understand breeding and even at a young age, saw how it held a woman back and made her rather simplistic and definitely pedestrian. I found the Brats! board some time in the mid-late 90's and felt relief ever since. In fact, "childless by choice" is like the first search I ever did on the Internet. I felt instant happiness and was blown over with how many sites there were and when I read people with the same exact thoughts as mine about certain things, I almost keeled over.

I am so grateful for you guys and sites such as this. :beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login