Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

If EVERYBODY's stupid, we'll all be equally smart!

Posted by Anonymous User 
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060705/ap_on_re_us/simpl_wurdz_3

Give me a fucking break!
Great Darwin! I couldn't even read half of it because of the earatating
pidgen spelling! I never realized there are losers out there who would boycott a spelling bee! Why do people want to dumb down even more?
The part about Americans not going for the metric system, even though it's easier, cracked me up. I seem to remember being taught the metric system in the early 70's, in about 4th grade or so. At the time, it was a big deal, as we'd be converting to it very soon.

But we never did. I remember it being all over the news, and that people were bitching that it was TOOOOO HAAAAAAARRRD.

But it is NOT that floopin' hard...since it is all measured in units of 10, it really IS easier.

Yet these morons want us to spell things phonetically. If this happens, I hope I'm dead by then, because I'd rather gouge my eyeballs out with a rusty ice pick than have to read books written like a lot of that article was.
Re: If EVERYBODY's stupid, we'll all be equally smart!
July 14, 2006
i was brought up, when we were going to change as well, so i learned both in imperial, and metric. i just do cross calculations, easy, 2.5 cm, is one inch, and everything is up or down by 10.. 6 inches is 15 cm, be glad we havent got the old english money.. that was tough

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Oh for the love of dog!

What the fuck is wrong with people. True, I can't spell my way out of a wet paper bag but that's just a touch of dyslexia or something similar, but that doesn't mean the world should change for me, I have dictionary.com I can get by. If Johnny can't spell then maybe parents should be paying more attention to his homework.

This country is going down fast.
July 15, 2006
i type in my accent, if you hear me speaking, its exactly how i would say it, i put owt for anything, nowt for nothing, and so on.. i do have some problems typing certain words, the word from, i sometimes type it as form, and so on.. there is a trus condition called disqwertier, its when your typing goes haywire. i have been known to type backwards.. when i am in a rush (and i use elipses a lot i know) spelling is difficult, especially between america and the UK, colour, etc..but yes why should the world change for my spelling, as latro said,

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
July 17, 2006
I spell terribly. I also know how to use a paper dictionary AND spell check. I never felt the need to enter a spelling bee, because I can't spell...kind of like I never felt the need to be a part of the track team, because I hate running. I'll do it, when chased, but not as an extra-curricular activity.
I swear that the floridation of the water, over use of cell phones, over medication, or something is really really messing with people's ability to THINK.
July 17, 2006
they dont think they BELEIVE. they have FAITH. no thinking allowed

I just went to Mexico with other students in my graduate school class. Several of them could not figure out how to calculate their check at the restaurant, even though the peso to dollar conversion is simple: 10 pesos = 1 dollar. You would not believe the haggling over dinner. "But the check says 80 dollars!" No dumbass, it says 80 pesos, which is 8 dollars. Honestly, one night we sat there for five minutes because some girl just could not do the math in her head. She kept thinking she was leaving a fifteen dollar tip. Jeezus. And these are American graduate students!!
catmommy9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The part about Americans not going for the metric
> system, even though it's easier, cracked me up. I
> seem to remember being taught the metric system in
> the early 70's, in about 4th grade or so. At the
> time, it was a big deal, as we'd be converting to
> it very soon.
>
> But we never did.

I remember that too. I was also in 4th grade.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login