Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Suggestion for new icon.

Posted by reaperess 
Suggestion for new icon.
October 21, 2012
Is there a way to place a new icon in front of threads that have been trolljacked? I can't help but love reading that stuff eating popcorn.

I know we have a troll roasting pit in the epic threads section. Perhaps it would be too much of a pain in the ass. I know nothing about running a forum, so this is merely a question, not a "Give Me What I Want Naaaoooowwww!" a la entitlemoos.
Re: Suggestion for new icon.
October 21, 2012
I don't think it is so easy without installing an add-on module.

My view is that if the board owner was going to do something like that, it would be better to add tagging ('troll roast' could be one of the tags) so that we have the opportunity to identify other common things (like 'post-natal abortions', 'criminal breeders' and the like) as well.

Fresh troll visits are usually pretty easy to spot because of the old threads showing up suddenly in the list (although of course you have to remember titles since the original post date isn't shown), but of course it is harder to find older instances.
October 21, 2012
A moderator could add one of the existing icons to the first post of a thread like that, if they were so inclined. Post in this thread which ones you want and we'll figure out which icon to use.

There is no "special" system for doing this. We tried to install the "rate this thread" module but it doesn't work the way we think it should.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
October 21, 2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
October 21, 2012
If we have an icon, what's to stop it from being just added to the title without an actual troll being involved? I suppose it would just be up to the moderators to correct until the usage is established.

Btw, I like that icon KABA, & hope we can add it, but isn't it a bit big for the title? Maybe just a simple bonfire (troll roast)...
PeaceNLI
October 21, 2012
KABA

I love it! We need to add this to the list of BF emoticons!

waving hellolarious
October 21, 2012
yurble
If we have an icon, what's to stop it from being just added to the title without an actual troll being involved? I suppose it would just be up to the moderators to correct until the usage is established.

I thought of that. I guess I'm not emotionally involved with this idea enough to give a damn one way or the other. If anybody else/moderators like this idea, I don't see any issue against implementing it, but it isn't something I feel is necessary to religiously follow or enforce.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
October 22, 2012
Or could the mods edit the title and put a big capital T at the beginning of the thread title? Like this:

T: WIC Whores at the Grocery Store.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrieking babbies are the most effective birth control on earth.
November 26, 2012
KABA

waving hellolariouswaving hellolariouswaving hellolarious
March 17, 2013
Since I seem to be on a Right Wing Rodeo kick these days, how about a Bible thumper?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login