Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A word you have used in your post has been banned from use.

Posted by marco polo 
A word you have used in your post has been banned from use.
March 21, 2013
It would be nice if the system told me which word was banned from use.
Re: A word you have used in your post has been banned from use.
March 21, 2013
I hate that too, so thank God it's only an occasional quirk of the system we use. I ESPECIALLY hate it when it pops up after I have created a long post.:headbrick

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
March 21, 2013
Since when does Bratfree have banned words?
March 21, 2013
Peace
Since when does Bratfree have banned words?

It's another tool to keep spammers out.
March 21, 2013
There are a very limited number in the list. Most of them fall in Westboro or supremacist range. Others are popular spam and knock off /rip off brand names. There are less than 18 words on the list.

thom_c
There are a very limited number in the list. Most of them fall in Westboro or supremacist range. Others are popular spam and knock off /rip off brand names. There are less than 18 words on the list.

Makes sense.
March 24, 2013
I haven't run into the banned word problem ever since we started having the CAPTCHA. I thought having it meant we didn't have to deal with the banned words. It was uber frustrating because I could never figure out which word(s) was causing the problem. It wasn't anything obvious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
May 07, 2013
WTF, going through a post word by word trying to find the banned word, "teh aww.tizz.ums" was the problem (sans periods and dashes). Talk about random. tongue sticking out smiley
May 07, 2013
Cambion
WTF, going through a post word by word trying to find the banned word, "teh aww.tizz.ums" was the problem (sans periods and dashes). Talk about random. tongue sticking out smiley

nothing on that line is in the list.

?

The only thing on the lists are certain designer labels and some racist words.

Weird. I did a process of elimination to find it...first took out paragraphs, then previewed. Then chunks of paragraph, preview, sentences, preview. "Aww-tizz-ums" was the word that gave me trouble (sans dashes), I shit you not. I don't know what the hell that has to do with trolls or spam, but that was the problem. I just tried it now without those dashes and it gave me the same error message. It may not be on the list of banned words, but apparently it wants to be.

It's just the most random thing. Seriously, do trolls actually search for that spelling of "autism" and find their way here?
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.