Saw a sign that said this on my way home today. It's on the same street as the "Abortion Kills Babies" sign in the same colors, so I assume it's the same group of mouth-breathing hayseeds who put up this new sign.

Oh sure, test the educators for drugs and booze and then if they get fired for positive tests, who will be around to teach the precious miracles? Most people in this area are drunks and/or junkies, so good luck finding someone who's completely sober in general.

The morons who put this sign up (presumably parents) don't seem to get that the main reason teachers get fucked up is because of the parents themselves and their horribly behaved spawn. It might not be so bad if the same people who support this message weren't at home getting drunk and high in front of their kids every damn day.

I know it's just a sign, but it not only seems like a pointless statement, it's not even anywhere near any of the schools! It's on the main drag between Smokin' Joes and the Subaru dealership.
It's just one of those feel-good initiatives that parunt-pandering politicians seem to love. Drug testing is expensive--we know who is gonna pay for that and property taxes will go up even more.

Kids are in far more danger from drug-addicted parents in the home. Too bad parents don't have to show they are sober prior to having kids.
bell_flower
Kids are in far more danger from drug-addicted parents in the home. Too bad parents don't have to show they are sober prior to having kids.
This society worries far too much about stranger danger and threats to kyds from people outside immediate families, as another thread discusses. Look at the licensing and monitoring required for teachers, child care workers, et al.

No one seems to want to admit parents and others in the household are the biggest threats to kyds by far. God forbid anyone mention licensing parents, except for adoption (and that is related to stranger danger hysteria). Social workers today go to great lengths to keep "families" together by keeping children with dysfunctional parents, which makes zero sense.
People should be entitled to do whatever they like to their own bodies as long as they don't put others at risk through driving, second-hand smoke, etc. Alcohol is legal, but I'm pretty sure a hung-over teacher is going to perform worse than one that likes to get high on the weekends. Plus, who can cope with hours upon hours of kids (and their breeders) without some kind of chemical brain modification like "mommy juice"?
As a former elementary school teacher, I can testify that almost every teacher I knew was a drinker. Not alcoholic-level drinking, but definitely “I need a drink at the end of the day to deal with this shit” -type drinking. Maybe stop giving teachers all the blame but none of the power to make the decisions they get blamed for, and they’ll stop needing alcohol to cope with the job.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
Absolutely if someone in any line of work is using any kind of recreational substances to the point of impairing their ability to do their job, something should be done about it. But a lot of breeders seem to think that teachers should be completely G-rated robotic babysitters at all times who aren't allowed to smoke pot now and then or have a drink or two after work. Dog forbid a mommy "catches" their kid's teacher having an adult drink on their own time at a bar or restaurant because O MAH GAWD they don't want an ALCOHOLIC teaching their precious babby! bemused eye roll

Meanwhile, the Moo who complains about their kid's teacher having a daiquiri in public is the same Moo that probably drinks box wine out of her trunk.

How's about mandatory drug testing for parents instead? If it's the most important JOB in the world like they say, then they should be subject to all the scrutiny any other JOB entails, up to and including drug testing.
Assholes who created the sign drank a bit too much of Reagan cool aid. Nobody ever questioned that senile tyrant mo-fo, but I wish they did. Not gonna say anything else, too many people are in love with that dead bastard. Sad to see that a senile mo-fo did tyrannical shit and public applauded.
I say what teachers do on their own time is their own business. If they show up to work impaired, there are consequences. Always have been been, always will be.
What the sign should have said is that we need to have mandatory IQ and financial means testing BEFORE anyone is allowed to breed. Psychological exam should also be included.

Mandatory drug testing is an abuse of human rights and teachers already receive plenty of abuse. Add drug testing to it and teacher shortage will be way worse than it is now. Not because teachers are druggies but simply because they already deal with a ton of administrative bullshit and this will just add more. Anyone who wants to put more restrictions on teachers should have 50% of their income taken to compensate teachers who already put up with way more than normal humans are expected to.
Techie
Assholes who created the sign drank a bit too much of Reagan cool aid. Nobody ever questioned that senile tyrant mo-fo, but I wish they did. Not gonna say anything else, too many people are in love with that dead bastard. Sad to see that a senile mo-fo did tyrannical shit and public applauded.

I hate how the most evil assholes seem to be revered once they are dead, or at least out of office. I remember the Reagan years. He was an asshole. I don't remember Nixon but I read about him and yet when he died it was all "opened relations with China" rather than Watergate. Now it seems like Bush is getting the same treatment. I remember him, he was an asshole, too.
You know how when you were a kid, and you would run into your teacher at the grocery store? And it would blow your mind, because in your child-brain you assumed that teachers lived at school and didn't do normal, human things? I'm convinced that many breeders are still stuck in this mindset. They expect teachers to be saints with no lives outside of school, and no needs other than the need to see their students succeed.

The 25 year-old teacher that needs to take time off for the birth of her own child*? Selfish bitch! She should be devoting herself to her students! The 40 year-old teacher who was caught in a photo on Facebook holding a drink in her hand**? Deviant harlot! She shouldn't be drinking at 8 PM on a Saturday, because she's going to be teaching THE CHILDREN at 8 AM on Monday!

*A real example of something I overheard heard a breeder bitching about at a Back to School Night one year. I think she ended up getting her kid transferred to another classroom.
**Yes, another real example. This breeder took a screenshot of said photo to the principal and was politely told to fuck off.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
Alcohol abuse can be found in all occupations, but certain occupations are at high risk for workers having the disorder. Some are:

Military (my brother was an Air Force veteran, alcohol was fatal for him)
Constructions and building trade (Someone told me drywallers are "a bunch of drunks" and everyone I ask agrees)
Food Service and Hospitality (Most chefs are drunk)
Lawyers (I guess law school makes you drink)
Police/Fire (plus, private security is a make work program for untreated drunks)

I guess Education and Teaching has to be added to that list too.

By the way, I have heard construction company owners complain that they lost workers because they started going to AA meetings and recovering. Also that some people in food service have to completely change occupations after they went to rehab and recovery.
Techie beat me to it. These simpering blabbering moo and duh-tards should have their own iq's tested before they hump and breed. Most of those jerks don't have much of a brain anyway. once they start bleating and panting after babies I figure their brains are in the toilet to begin with.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
twocents
Techie beat me to it. These simpering blabbering moo and duh-tards should have their own iq's tested before they hump and breed. Most of those jerks don't have much of a brain anyway. once they start bleating and panting after babies I figure their brains are in the toilet to begin with.

Thank you for calling the breeder club. Duh speaking. The only thing I've even done right was ejaculate. Can I be any more useless today than I was yesterday?
I had to get tested as an (adult) educator. This was while I was on a LOT of heavy medication, including opioids, for spinal injuries. I was also a fairly heavy drinker.

I passed the tests with no issues.

Drug tests are a joke.
Yesterday I read an article about a district that imports teachers from other parts of the world. I think it was near Chicago. There is a well documented nationwide teacher shortage and lots of teachers are one or two steps away from leaving. Breeders may want to cut them some slack.

More than one teacher has said that worst kids have the worst parunts and most of the worst parunts are substance abusers along with a myriad of other issues (breeding and can't feed 'em, neglect, more than one kid with disabilities, etc.)

I wonder how many addict parunts (and their collective amount of DUIs) helped to put up this sign? Because with breeders it is always do as I say not as I do. That is part of the reason their brats are so ill-behaved.
Cambion
But a lot of breeders seem to think that teachers should be completely G-rated robotic babysitters at all times who aren't allowed to smoke pot now and then or have a drink or two after work.

Breeders should hold these standards when they are around their brats, at least one parunt needs to be sober at all times.
Teachers can do what they want on their off time. If they choose to over drink and drive they'll be arrested like anyone else. If they want to drink, smoke pot, whatever during their off time and they aren't responsible for a brat then they can do that as long as they are sober at work.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if some jealous breeders saw teachers having fun in their off-time and became jealous and then launched this sign crusade.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login