Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Positive Reactions to being CF

Posted by bell_flower 
Positive Reactions to being CF
May 28, 2021
I thought it might be fun to share positive stories of being CF and reactions from people who support(ed) you.

I thought of a funny one today, courtesy of my grandmother. In some ways my grandmother was a difficult person, but I respected her for many reasons. She only had one kid (my mother) and was widowed at a young age. She stayed single and worked her whole life and was a hard worker. She was smart but unfortunately faced a lot of discrimination. She was very good at her job, but because she was a woman she was not eligible for the "men's jobs." She trained a lot of young men that went on to become executives at the company where she worked.

That was reality in the 40's, 50's and 60's. These stupid Moos who whine they are being discriminated against at work when they don't get "free" daycare and promotions just for sucking air absolutely do not get it.

Anyway, I'm digressing.

I was not my grandmother's favorite grandchild, but she supported me in my CF stance, more than her own kid did, and that is worth a lot.

When I was married to my first husband, I eloped, mostly because I didn't want to deal with family crap. One of my sisters was planning a wedding and I saw how unreasonable my mom was being, despite not paying for any of it. At a family function, my grandmother had a few drinks and announced to everyone:

"When bell_flower eloped, everyone thought she was pregnant. Everybody except me, that is. I knew she wasn't pregnant. I said to myself, 'Not that one. She's way too smart for that. In fact, she's too smart to have any kids and that's fine with me.' "

THANKS NANA! thumbs up
Re: Positive Reactions to being CF
June 01, 2021
oh that is a lovely smack in the face to everyone there. good for this old lady.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
June 03, 2021
I remember years ago before I got married when I was living alone and volunteering at my local arts center. A fellow volunteer asked me if I was married and had kids. I told her that I wasn't married and had no kids. She smiled at me and said, "Good for you! The only thing kids and husbands are good for are giving you wrinkles."

I think she's so right. After dissolving this cluster fuck of a marriage I'm in, I will never get married or live with another man again. I will live happily alone with my pets and look after myself.

I'm lucky though...no wrinkles yet. I think that's because of the not having kids thing. Some people have asked me how I can look so young for my age, and I usually tell them they won't like my answer but it's not being a parent. I think that one decision has allowed me to stay younger looking.
June 15, 2021
mumofsixbirds
I remember years ago before I got married when I was living alone and volunteering at my local arts center. A fellow volunteer asked me if I was married and had kids. I told her that I wasn't married and had no kids. She smiled at me and said, "Good for you! The only thing kids and husbands are good for are giving you wrinkles."

I think she's so right. After dissolving this cluster fuck of a marriage I'm in, I will never get married or live with another man again. I will live happily alone with my pets and look after myself.

I'm lucky though...no wrinkles yet. I think that's because of the not having kids thing. Some people have asked me how I can look so young for my age, and I usually tell them they won't like my answer but it's not being a parent. I think that one decision has allowed me to stay younger looking.

I’m about half your age but I wrinkled because my deadbeat duh left me to be a substitute parent for my siblings. Fucker bred but never made any sacrifice of his career, sleep, social life, or hobbies for his crotchfruit. His only contribution was a pittance from what he earned. The rest was all for himself and anyone he wanted to show off to. Left all the responsibility to my PNB mom while I served as backup nanny. On top of that, he gave us extra tasks to do for him.

I get told I’m younger looking but that’s only because of my huge eyes and small stature. Okay, also a bit of microdermabrasion to the forehead and mask wearing over my mouth wrinkles.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login