Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kid Turns Street Into Personal Skateboard Park

Posted by deegee 
Kid Turns Street Into Personal Skateboard Park
June 02, 2021
For the last few weeks, this kid, around 10 or 11 years old, has been turning our residential street into his personal skateboard park. Every afternoon, for about 2 hours, he rides his skateboard up and down the one-way street and hops off it, trying to flip the skateboard around. It then bangs down into the street with a loud thud which echoes up and down the quiet, low-trafficked street. After 15 minutes of that, it begins to get annoying having to listen to this unending noise. Sometimes, he starts yelling although I am not sure why.

After having to listen to this every afternoon (except for when it rained), I went outside to confront him. I told him it is very annoying to have to listen to his racket every day. He doesn't live in my apartment building which faces the street. On the opposite side of the street is the side of a church, so he doesn't live there, either. He told me he has no place else to go. I told him to do it in front of his own house and don't disturb the peace and quiet I and everyone else whose apartments face the street enjoy.

He has moved to the church's parking lot which is further away from the street and my apartment building. The annoying sounds from his skateboard banging into the pavement are still very much audible, but not nearly as loud. I can't really chase him off the church's property, that would be up to the church. (Maybe I tell the church leaders?)

As much as I hate to say it, I wish the kid would fall and become injured. Not seriously, of course, just enough to sideline him from further skateboarding. I hope this won't last the entire summer. It's a shame that one stupid, rude kid can spoil the peace and quiet of our daily life.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Re: Kid Turns Street Into Personal Skateboard Park
June 03, 2021
Put some twigs in the street, cars can go over them and people can walk around them but to a skateboarder it will knock them off the board. Don't ask me how I know.
June 03, 2021
After the kid returned to the street from the church's parking lot, I called the local cops yesterday. They supposedly came by although I never saw them. The kid was then skateboarding with an adult man who was giving him pointers while both of them banged their skateboards into the pavement. That lasted another 90 minutes after I called the cops.

So, today, around 4:30 PM, just after the kid began skateboarding again, I called the cops again. They stopped by right away and the kid has moved his skateboarding to the church's parking lot again. He's been there for over an hour. Like yesterday, I can hear his skateboard crashing into the pavement, but it's pretty faint most of the time. It's the best I can do, and it's far less intrusive than when is in the street across from my building.

Mr. Neptune, I like your idea. But somehow, I think he would simply clear away the twigs before skateboarding. The pavement is pretty smooth because it was put down less than 3 years ago, when it had potholes and bumpy patches everywhere.
June 03, 2021
Most young kids are too lazy to clear anything away. Dow makes a product called Great Stuff, it is a spray foam that is very sticky used for sealing houses. It also comes in a black version. Get some twigs and GS and glue them onto the street where he is skating. Use some black paint if you have to hide the GS. It will not bother cars at all and people can walk around it but will be a pain in knees when he runs into it. Now, how do you think I know that?
June 04, 2021
mr. neptune
Most young kids are too lazy to clear anything away. Dow makes a product called Great Stuff, it is a spray foam that is very sticky used for sealing houses. It also comes in a black version. Get some twigs and GS and glue them onto the street where he is skating. Use some black paint if you have to hide the GS. It will not bother cars at all and people can walk around it but will be a pain in knees when he runs into it. Now, how do you think I know that?

Pondering makes me grin.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
June 04, 2021
You can also buy a bag of pea gravel and when he is out there, toss some pea gravel on the road. Again, it won't bother cars but it will trip him up.

Meanwhile, if the church doesn't want him perhaps they can get a truckload of pea gravel and spread it around. One of the church members might donate it to the church and get a tax deduction and it is more economical to buy gravel by the truckload too.
June 04, 2021
I'm glad the the kid found a healthy way to amuse himself outdoors but for sure it is annoying. He' s likely trespassing at the church parking lot. Skateboarders are notorious ruining curbs, cement benchs and cement landscaping w/ the boards. Too bad he can't find an alley behind businesses and warehouses. All away from our ears.
June 04, 2021
Mr. Neptune, are you forgetting everyone has a camera in front of their house now? You cant do all that w/o it being recorded. I dont even look at my neighbors' house, so when they review their recording(for no reason other than being nosy nitwit) they dont see me looking and say to themselves WTF are they looking at?

I dispise all these cameras, let them look at your door and windows for break-ins, but no, people have them surveilling the entire street and my yard too.
June 05, 2021
https://mosquitoloiteringsolutions.com/

https://www.movingsoundtech.com/

After a rainy Friday afternoon (when the kid didn't show up, of course), he was back again this afternoon, in the street, not in the church's empty parking lot. I had my windows closed with the A/C on because it was very hot outside. The brat skateboarded around for 90 minutes.

I don't think I can call the cops for a third time. The kid ignores them. Looks like I'll be stuck listening to him practice his skateboarding for maybe the entire summer. I may confront him again if I can think of a different message. Given how he overcame me and the cops, he must feel pretty emboldened. I wonder if anyone from the church told him to stay out of their parking lot.

I can't see sabotaging his skateboarding. Too many witnesses, including about 20 of my neighbors whose apartments overlook the street, not including anyone from the church. And it would be too easy to connect the dots back to me, based on my police calls.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login