Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DAY-M: Dud dumps 80,000 pennies (his final chyld support payment) in his ex-wife's and kid's yard

Posted by bell_flower 
Story here.

When the kid turned 18 in May 2021, her Dud dumped the pennies in the yard. She and her mother donated the pennies to a domestic abuse shelter. The kid mentions a sister in the story, no mention if the sister shares the same father. She also says she has not seen her dad in years and this validates her decision to stay away from him. Gotta side with the kid on this one--what a hateful thing to do.

Dud is quoted in the story that his behavior is the result of "18 years of pent-up emotion" that got the best of him. He also says the last thing he wants to do is drive a wedge further between him and his daughter.

Let me know how that is working out for you, Sport.
If a kid goes to college then often the father is required to pay child support through college as well even if they're older than 18
ladybug2203
If a kid goes to college then often the father is required to pay child support through college as well even if they're older than 18

Good! Hopefully she will major in pre-law and law school and make him pay the whole time.

I have met many men as coworkers who have kids (usually they were drunk and careless when they had sex) and hate, Hate, HATE, HATE!! paying child support. They will pay any other bill but that one and usually have to have the wages garnished. They are jealous because I never had any "Fuckin' Kids!!!"
What a raging asshole. That wasn't just 18 years of pent-up "emotion" that just "got the better of him". No, it's pretty clear that the emotion is RESENTMENT, and he CHOSE to act on it. As for driving a wedge...that happened long ago, idiot dad. Jeez. Your kid's had eighteen years in which to form an opinion based on your actions. If he's the kind of guy who dumps his final CS payment in pennies, I would bet the ranch that he let that resentment seep through in other ways, too. We may bitch about kids acting like idiots, but kids are definitely not idiots when it comes to knowing when they're not wanted. I am so sorry this young lady has a useless dickwad for a father.
Because that'll teach Moo to dare expect Duh to take financial responsibility for his own kids! bemused eye roll

It doesn't take a genius to see the guy acted out of resentment and he did it right in front of his kid too. I'm sure that made her feel swell.

Duh
He said the last thing he wanted to do was to put a further wedge between him and his daughter.

Yeah I think that ship already sailed, between not communicating with his kid for years and then the stunt with the pennies. But I'm also fairly sure he only said this to appease the media when in reality, he probably wouldn't care if the kid dropped dead.

If you don't want to be a part of your child's life, then stay the fuck away - don't take it out on the kid. They didn't ask to be born.

mr. neptune
I have met many men as coworkers who have kids (usually they were drunk and careless when they had sex) and hate, Hate, HATE, HATE!! paying child support. They will pay any other bill but that one and usually have to have the wages garnished. They are jealous because I never had any "Fuckin' Kids!!!"

That doesn't shock me, but child support payments can be insanely expensive too. Still, I have no sympathy for anyone who can't be arsed to use some kind of contraception. It's no secret where babies come from and if you're too dumb to take precautions or are too drunk to care, then you have no right to bitch when the other parent comes sniffing around for child support.
Insanity. Even when you think about this, once you have to go thru the trouble, don't you snap out of it? But I don't understand being mad at child payments, which you would be spending anyway if you lived with kid.

(I'm not an expert, but I'm not aware of any state that would make a divorced parent pay for law school, just for college, and you usually only have to pay for what you can afford, the mom would have to pay some too if working, you can't demand to be sent to Harvard or anything like that)
I heard of a case where a sprog sued her parents for college $$$ as they refused to pay for her to go through.

I think duh with the pennies resents the payments because he totally regrets the kids, but can't say THAT to the media
all of this just makes me glad I don't have the m'f'rs.
woman with 2 kids (sister, right??? ) did not learn the first time. either of them.
she picked it. they believed the natalist propaganda bullshit.
kid pays the price but then, I have always said people don't give a shit what they inflict on children

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
I know there was a story I believe from NJ where child sued for college money, I dont recall if they were divorced or not. And, if I recall correctly NJ had different laws than many states.

That being said, if you are married, no parent legally *has* to pay for college, at least in most states from what I'm told.

If divorced, especially depending on the court order, you will be forced to pay what you can afford for college. which is an odd thing, but I guess w/ so many divorced parents out there, if the non-custodial parent didnt want to pay, which would be a lot because we know so many parents are bitter a-holes that only claim to love their kids, we as a nation would fall behind and everyone not be as successful as they could be. But, I can't imagine then they would also be forced to pay for advanced degrees and law school. The 'child' would be 23-25 yrs old.
- Dumped $800 in pennies due to "18 years of pent-up emotion"

- Daughter and mother donate it to a domestic abuse shelter.

What am I reading between the lines?

Things that make you go Hmmmm

Duh just made the ex-wife and daughter look like angels because they took the very high road (their reaction to his stunt) and he caused others to suspect the marriage ended because of him being abusive. At least, that is what I suspected when reading this. I bet this isn't the first time he has pulled a stunt of this sort, hopefully the first time for a stunt of this magnitude. He may very well have just been frustrated and acted without thinking and is not abusive but he certainly didn't make himself look good.

I would guess the support past 18 depends on the state. I recall a young man I worked with in 2004. He was a mechanic in his early twenties with a young kid. He was heartbroken after seeing a divorce attorney and finding out he would be on the hook for child support until the kid either became independent or graduated college. At eighteen the checks would start to go directly to the kid. I don't think it used to be that way but in the modern world lots of divorces can mean four or more years of support are tacked on after the kid reaches 18. And you can bet there is going to be begging/guilt tripping for higher support payments during those college years.

If a parunt can afford it it seems really crappy to not pay the same support throughout college to their kids. Even if it doesn't cover the cost of college every little bit helps.

For mentally/physically disabled kids the child support is permanent in most states. In some states child support is expected if the adult is poor and can't support him/herself or other unspecified criteria is met. Basically, the state doesn't want these adults to become public charges. Payments could be due until either the parents or child dies. Source: https://www.ncsl.org/research/human-services/termination-of-child-support-age-of-majority.aspx

Parunts may want to consider this law prior to looking away for second TM when their brats participate in the Tide challenge, blue whale challenge, coronavirus challenge, cinnamon challenge, inhaling nitrous oxide from canned whipped cream, huffing, gallon challenge, five finger fillet, choking challenge, fire fairy challenge, Benadryl challenge, the cutting challenge, swallowing magnets while pretending to have mouth piercings, rob their liquor cabinet with their friends, steal prescriptions from their parunts medicine cabinet, or take up sniffing modeling glue as their new pastime.
freya
Parunts may want to consider this law prior to looking away for second TM when their brats participate in the Tide challenge, blue whale challenge, coronavirus challenge, cinnamon challenge, inhaling nitrous oxide from canned whipped cream, huffing, gallon challenge, five finger fillet, choking challenge, fire fairy challenge, Benadryl challenge, the cutting challenge, swallowing magnets while pretending to have mouth piercings, rob their liquor cabinet with their friends, steal prescriptions from their parunts medicine cabinet, or take up sniffing modeling glue as their new pastime.

Or maybe just when they're contemplating unprotected sex.
yurble
freya

Or maybe just when they're contemplating unprotected sex.

Not the unprotected sex challenge!

He was heartbroken after seeing a divorce attorney and finding out he would be on the hook for child support until the kid either became independent or graduated college.

Ya can't fix stupid. It would seem a smart person would realize that kids cost money, regardless of whether you stay with the mother.

I think there are a lot of MRAs out there who long for the good old days when men could walk away without having to pay any child support.

It reminds me of those MAGA assholes. The America they remember and want to emulate was one where men didn't have to pay child support and people of color did not have legal standing. Women couldn't have credit in their own names, couldn't own property, could be fired for being pregnant, etc. Ah, the good old days....thumbs down

One of my friends in high school in the 70's was the child of divorced parents. Her father was CEO of an international bank...the kind of dude who had thousands of people working for him. Her mother had a judgement against him and he was not paying a dime for his three kyds. The cops were pretty lackadaisical about the situation. I'm not sure she ever got anything.
thom_c
- Dumped $800 in pennies due to "18 years of pent-up emotion"

- Daughter and mother donate it to a domestic abuse shelter.

What am I reading between the lines?

Things that make you go Hmmmm

Yeah, I had the same "Hmmmm." Choice of charity was no accident, I'm sure.

He's been telling his poor kid that he resented her existence for 18 years..."pent-up," my ass. What a dick.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login