Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More Bad Pahrunting

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
More Bad Pahrunting
July 24, 2006
Here it is folks, another kid dead because of the incompetency of pahrunts and another public place that will be getting it's ass royally sued because of it. I swear these people do this shit on purpose.

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-a1_3hayridejul24,0,3109022.story
Re: More Bad Pahrunting
July 24, 2006
Not to sound crass, but what the hell do they need to call in grief counselors for? Can't ANYONE deal with ANYTHING on their own any more?

When I was in 7th grade a beloved teacher had a heart attack, on stage, during an assembly in front of the ENTIRE school. The principal asked for anyone who know CPR to come up to the stage as we were ushered out of the auditorium. This happened on a Friday, and we found out when we returned to school on Monday that the teacher had died. We received no"grief counseling" and there was no school-wide discussion of this event.
Anonymous User
July 24, 2006
You want to talk about parental incompetency in public places? How about this one?

July 23, 2006, 5:50PM
Boy killed by falling mirror in Wal-Mart

INDIANAPOLIS — A mirror at a store fell on a 3-year-old boy, killing him, officials said.

Christopher Antonio was apparently playing near the 5-foot-tall floor-mounted mirror in the children's section of a Wal-Mart when it fell Saturday.

The toddler was likely killed by the blunt force of the crash, said Marion County Sheriff's Lt. Michael DeHart.

"The mother was approximately 5 feet away from the child when she heard a loud crash," DeHart said. The boy's 5-year-old sister was also at the store, deputies said.

His mother and another shopper pulled the mirror off the boy, DeHart said.

Wal-Mart was cooperating with investigators, said Jolanda Stewart, spokeswoman for Bentonville, Ark.-based Wal-Mart Stores Inc.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and the matter is under investigation," she said.
CF VTer
July 24, 2006
She only looked away for a second! winking smiley

July 24, 2006
I got a kick out of the "grief counseling" also. Totally unnecessary in my book. Get a grip and deal with it. I was in Ocean City Maryland in 1989 and saw a boy get run over by a bus - right in front of us, heard the crunching, saw the blood and everything. The kid's head popped like a watermelon. Yea, it was sad, and horrible and most of all disgusting but did I go dashing off to a therapist? Uh, NO.

No, no one can deal with anything anymore. The up-and-coming generations are going to be nothing but a bunch of candy-assed cry babies who need daily sessions with a therapist or they can't cope.

My school district and the surrounding ones never had a "school psychologist" - now, they are everywhere. None of my friends went to "counseling" - now it seems pahrunts have to schedule playdates around everyone's therapy schedule. Pathetic.
July 24, 2006
i saw a kid have his arm ripped off on an escalator, this was a few years ago when going into a store up an escalator. this child was messing around with the rubber belt on the top and his sleeve of his coat got trapped underneath the rubber belt and it pulled his hand into the machinery that moves the staircase part of the escalator.

this child should not have been doing that, i was about that age myself, and i have sort of blocked it out but i still remember it vaguely, i never got counselling, i do have a slight phobia of escalators, makes me very very nervous,

but have come to terms. we are building kids who have to talk to counsellors for $50 an hour, who couldnt cope with true horror, only the packaged faux horrors of movies..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
GreenGrass
July 24, 2006
Wow you guys - I don't know how I could deal with seeing that kid get run over by a bus or the kid on the escalator situation. Maybe I am oversensitive!
July 24, 2006
humans are generally stronger than people give them credit for. look at the people in the war, the terrors they saw, especially ww2, in the uk, people got blown up, bits everywhere, and people had to cope.

and they survived terrible stuff,

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
July 24, 2006
Man, I've seen a teacher die, stabbing, a bus/bike accident and several horrible car accidents (I lived on a busy street) all before the age of 14. They weren't any worse than realizing in high school that if you're a smart girl who won't act stupid, you don't get a date for any dances, or that some guys will date your friends to try to get to you, or date you to get to your friends.
Anonymous User
July 24, 2006
mercurior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i saw a kid have his arm ripped off on an
> escalator, this was a few years ago when going
> into a store up an escalator. this child was
> messing around with the rubber belt on the top and
> his sleeve of his coat got trapped underneath the
> rubber belt and it pulled his hand into the
> machinery that moves the staircase part of the
> escalator.
>
> this child should not have been doing that, i was
> about that age myself, and i have sort of blocked
> it out but i still remember it vaguely, i never
> got counselling, i do have a slight phobia of
> escalators, makes me very very nervous,
>
> Mercurior I always been afraid of escalators! I'm always fearful that something like this will happen to me. So yeah when the HELL did all this stupid conseling come into play? What a bunch of sissy la-la's are being raised!!!
Anonymous User
July 24, 2006
I often see news stories about stupid teens who drive too fast, sometimes while drunk, and end up getting killed. And the reporters ALWAYS have to talk about what school the dead kid went to, and how grief counselors will be made available.

In most cases, these are PUBLIC schools. So who do you think is paying for the grief counselors?

If you guessed "the taxpayers", you are correct!

Hell, I have known kids at school who died when I was a kid, and I never talked with any stupid grief counselors. When I had to have one of my cats put to sleep a few years ago, I didn't need a grief counselor then, either. In fact, I suspect that someone like this would have only pissed me off and made me feel worse. I'll grieve in my own way, thank you very much. I don't need some so-called "expert" to tell me how to grieve.
DrDanCorelli
July 24, 2006
Even though I have seen many patients die from many causes and many circumstances, one that stands out is a surgical fire that occurred while I was still a medical student. A spark ignited something flammable in, on or near the patient while I was observing in a surgical suite, and I will never forget it as long as I live. The patient died very quickly, but the hospital could never identify what caused the fire. It was pretty spooky, even by medical standards.
July 25, 2006
i am terrified of them, as faust and her friend has seen, i get cold sweats, my stomach rolls, but in america in the malls, they only have them, talk about terror. i still have the fear today, due to a real thing i saw. i am slightly weird, but i am pretty much ok..

they once said in some people its good to talk it out, in others keeping it inside is the best reason.. they said if you talk about over and over and over, you are reliving it, and in some cases it makes you worse. some people just push it to the back and forget about it, that can be bad too. it depends on the person.. you cannot get past it if you always think about it..

July 25, 2006
I also don't get the grief counselors. If people are grieving so damn much, then then can go see a therapist on their own time with their own money...as far as students, they can go talk to the guidance counselor.

About six months ago, a classmate of mine was killed in a car accident - the guy he was driving with was drunk. My high school had a memorial service for him, even though he wasn't a student at the school at the time (he had graduated last June). There were also grief counselors available for people to talk to. Most of this kid's friends were classmates, and there were probably a small handful of underclassmen who knew him or were friends with him, so why they needed grief counseling for the whole fucking school is beyond me.

There was another death where a 2001 graduate from my high school was killed in a stabbing incident outside a bar. I don't know if there were services for this guy at the school or not...I really hope not, considering no one but the teachers would know who the hell he was. Both these stories got plastered across the front page of the newspaper for about a week straight.
July 25, 2006
I'm getting grossed out. But I do feel that more ppl are wimps nowadays.

lab mom
Sherz
July 25, 2006
A teacher at my school was murdered a few years ago. (He had a very promiscuous private life, and was in murdered at a public restroom that was well known as a place where gay men solicit sex. Try explaining this story to a buch of bible thumping parents!) Of course grief counselors were made available to the staff and students. Usually the school systems utilize the counselors that already work in the system, so it is of no extra cost to the taxpayers. Anyway, I taught at an elementary school, and kids who didn't even know who this teacher was were requesting to speak to the counselors because of all of the hype, and because it was a way to get out of classwork! The counselors stayed for 3 days and I was overjoyed to see them leave so we could get back to business as usual. I think opening the counseling up to the whole school just causes a chain reaction of boohooing. It would be understandable for them to speak to the class of this teacher, but really, the whole school didn't need therapy!
CJ
July 26, 2006

You're right about the counselors, Feh. Shit definitely happens, and counselors can't do a damned thing about that.

Tokio Fraulein
July 27, 2006
Ugh, the stuff you guys have had to see is unbelievable...Me, I think I'm oversensitive, 'cause if I see a dog or something run over on the road I start getting teary...I've witnessed many traffic accidents and once a kid got run over by a bus...*horrified, where are the moos?!*
~Tokio Fraulein
July 27, 2006
Watching a person being brutally murdered wouldn't phase me in the least. But the sight of an animal being harmed or those animal rescue shows leave me in tears.
July 27, 2006
but some of us do get teary, but we go past that, through it.. it may upset us but it lasts not and excessive amount of time.. case in point liverpool, they have an obsesseion about grief, they keep bringing things out year after year making people relive it, and experience it.. feeding off greif..

July 27, 2006
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Watching a person being brutally murdered wouldn't
> phase me in the least. But the sight of an animal
> being harmed or those animal rescue shows leave me
> in tears.

Same here. I can't watch anything where an animal gets hurt, even if it's a movie and it's fake. Hell, I cry when I see roadkill.
July 27, 2006
Sadly, people tend not to care about animals as much as some brat.

Where was the moo? Probaly inside her house, sitting on her ass watching t.v. not giving a damn what danger her brat was in.

lab mom
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.