Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#1687 - "Minivan Mondays"

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
#1687 - "Minivan Mondays"
July 24, 2006
In the restaurant business, Monday is the slowest night. So I guess that is why they run this thing on that night. Sundays and Tuesdays are usually the next slowest nights.

There's this place not far from us called the Lone Star Steakhouse. We saw signs in the place advertising "Kids Eat Free" on Tuesdays. So we made a mental note never to go there on a Tuesday. However, it's not that bad the rest of the week. I guess the worst of them come in on Tuesdays for the freebies, and don't bother coming on other days when they have to pay for the brat food. You know how breeders are...offer 'em something FREE, and they flock to it like flies to cattle dung.

There is actually a message board devoted to "Kids Eat Free": http://kidseatfree.googlepages.com/ . WARNING: Turn down your speakers before viewing, the message board page makes annoying sounds.

But you can find your state and see what places you should avoid, and on what days!
Re: #1687 - "Minivan Mondays"
July 24, 2006
Argh, I hate those "kids eat free" places! Especially knowing famblees are already the ones who spend the least, make the most messes and tip the poorest (or not at all)!

(Thanks for the link, BTW, Catmommy! But it doesn't include Canada. Darn! Well, I already kinda know which places to avoid...)
July 24, 2006
Oh, I'm pretty sure that I want to avoid any resturant that touts itself as "America's #1 motorsports themed family resturant", I just don't swing that way. There are plenty of locally owned resturants around here that have deliciously mind-blowing chicken wings, and wicked good hamburgers.
Anonymous User
July 24, 2006
Feh, that fits my favorite tavern to a tee. (Now, is that a female tee, male tee, branch tee, run tee or combination run tee?)

The taverns which I have visited with the best burgers usually got the meat directly from a local butcher.

BTW, I say you have to kill "Bob" then praise "Bob"!
July 25, 2006
Sounds like Monday nights would be the perfect time to bomb the place.
July 25, 2006
I say praise "Bob", then kill "Bob", then eat "Bob" and praise him again!
Huzzah!
Sherz
July 25, 2006
Dh and I try our best to avoid famblie friendly restaurants, but unfortunately that's becoming more difficult in our yuppie area. I still want to open a CF restaurant with menu items like "Chicken Tit Sandwiches" or "Hot Dogs That Look VERRRRY Much Like Penises" or "Spaghetti with Big Old Hairy Balls." No highchairs, kids menus, and definitly naked waitstaff that curse like sailors. Think I could get a business loan for a place like that?
Sherz
July 25, 2006
Another thing, can you imagine how much the waitstaff HATES Minivan Monday's? That would be my day to call in sick!
July 26, 2006
Sherz, I'd definitely patronize your restaurant! Sounds like my kinda place! And don't forget to have plates and bowls with pictures of young boys playing leapfrog on them! LOL
Sherz
July 26, 2006
Don'cha wish they could have a restaurant with Child Free Friday's? That would NEVER EVER happen, and I CAN'T figure out why. Famblies with sprogs don't spend that much money, especailly with most places having kids menus. They make hugh jass messes, and hugh jass demands on the waitstaff. They also leave very small tips. A nice childfree couple is more likely to order higher cost menu items, alchoholic beverages, and tip a whole lot better. I'm also pretty sure that even on my messiest day no one has ever had to vacuum a restaurant after I left!

Poor restaurant behavior by sprogs probably annoys me more than anything else. DH and I don't pay good money to watch Sproglina dance around the restaurant screaming.
Anonymous User
July 26, 2006
I think I said once before that while a restaurant in NY legally can do this as age-based discrimination is legal in places of public accomodation. But such a thing might be a poor business decision.

Imagine, getting those famblees in an uproar, thinking they aren't wanted.
Sherz
July 26, 2006
You're probably right, gleepy, but I can dream can't I? smiling smiley
sprogless
July 26, 2006
Think of it this way, Sherz & Gleepy- The breeders would make such a fuss over not being welcome, think of all the publicity that would bring this restaurant? You know how it is when a "parents group" goes apeshit over a band, saying they're playing devil music & crap- the CD sells like crazy! Once people realize that they can eat a good meal in peace, they'd come banging down the door. I know I would...
Fattie
July 26, 2006
sprogless Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Think of it this way, Sherz & Gleepy- The breeders
> would make such a fuss over not being welcome,
> think of all the publicity that would bring this
> restaurant? You know how it is when a "parents
> group" goes apeshit over a band, saying they're
> playing devil music & crap- the CD sells like
> crazy! Once people realize that they can eat a
> good meal in peace, they'd come banging down the
> door. I know I would...

Remember back when the breeders got pissed over the sign posted at "A Taste of Heaven"? All that did was make me want to take a trip down to Chicago to thank Mr. MaCuley personally.
Anonymous User
July 26, 2006
This reminds me of this adult bookstore that opened in the town I lived in as a teen, back in the 70's. The store, called "Adult World", did nothing wrong...they were on the highway, not in a residential areas where little Bratford would have to walk past it to go to school.

Anyway, much mooing and lowing ensued, and there was a campaign to get the store closed down. This was covered by the local rag. However, since the store did not break any laws, no one could legally shut them down.

One week, the local rag did an interview with the owner of Adult World. When asked what he thought of the campaign to have him shut down, he just smiled and said that it has been GREAT for business. Free advertising and all...business is good!

None of which he would have gotten if the breeders had just kept their mouths shut about it. Sometimes, breeders are so stupid that that they are their own worst enemies!

I recently Googled this place, and, to my delight, it is still there...30 years later. Hahahahahaha!
July 27, 2006
thats why i say charge more for kids meals, 4 times as much to bascially recoup the cost that the moos and sprogs waste etc.. its not illegal to charge more for a meal in your own restaurant, but i could be quasi illegal if you ban kids from there.. depending on the area and people.. local bylaws should cover this..

but that could leave you open to legal challenges if you ban people on age etc, but if you just charge more.. they cannot say anything about it. its a loop hole

i even sent a letter of support to a taste of heaven from the UK, theres a few regs on here that live near there..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.