Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More Abortion Restrictions

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
More Abortion Restrictions
July 26, 2006
Another example of women's rights being further chipped away.

Pretty soon you'll only be able to have an abortion on the 2nd Tuesday of every month, while there is a half-moon, in even years, if your last name begins with T. What next? This is such bullshit.

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-a1_abortionjul26,0,4982031.story?coll=all-news-hed
Re: More Abortion Restrictions
July 26, 2006
The pro-lifers realise that it is easier to dismantle abortion rights by chipping away at it a bit at a time rather than go for out & out prohibition. No one really notices or says a thing when abortion restrictions are put upon us a little at a time. Pretty soon, the right-to-lifers are going to get their way and women will be royally scr*wed.

It will not stop at abortion. Pro-life, women-hating pharmacists already have legal eagles on their side when it comes to denying a woman her contraception prescription. Some ob-gyns will lie to a woman about the length of her pregnancy or will say the preggo test came up negative to keep the patient from making the appointment at the clinic.

Oh yes, it is getting much worse. I am glad to be in my 40's with my life half over insted of being a young woman coming up in this sort of society.
Re: More Abortion Restrictions
July 26, 2006
luckily in the UK its not allowed its legistlated, and has to pass the government, then the house of lords, who then can pass it to the queen, or they can pass it to the EU. human rights.. and so on

i am waiting for the first court cases stating this is denying people their human rights.. the human right to control their own bodies..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.