Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1718 Nut Allergies

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
1718 Nut Allergies
August 02, 2006
Unbelievable. I say if the brats are allergic to stuff - TOUGH TITTIES. How is it that kids are allergic to so much stuff these days? Christ, my friends and I used to climb poison schumac trees and never had a breakout. We used to play in fields with poison ivy, eat nuts, pick berries right off the bushes. Today's kids are a bunch of candy-assed ninnies. Let's foam pad and plastic coat the world. And the pahrunts are twice as bad, beating their little band boxes about everything.

I don't like going into smoky places so I just stay out. I don't go around on a crusade trying to get smoking banned just because I don't like it. I can't believe this town was stupid enough to buy into the story. Let the little brat die for all I care, one less high maintenance pain in the ass to have around.

Survival of the fittest.
CFScorpio
Re: 1718 Nut Allergies
August 02, 2006
I especially love the fact that the taxpayers paid to destroy the trees: grandma didn't even pay to do it herself.
Mrs. Ogre
August 02, 2006
That’s exactly what I think. Survival of the fittest. My theory about allergies is that kids are way too pampered and live in sterile environments. They are not exposed to anything, therefore they don’t develop the antibodies they need. My nephew is allergic to peanuts, eggs, kiwis, you name it. Although it’s a sweet kid, I don’t want to baby sit him. I’d have to check the wrapping of everything I’d give him. That’s nuts! (pun intented)
Mrs. Ogre
August 02, 2006
Hey, I didn't even reach the part where the author has the same theory as me when I answered above... cool! I knew I was right! Ok, I may not be always right, but I'm never wrong! grinning smiley
August 02, 2006
Mrs. Ogre, I also did the same stuff as a kid being I am 42 and come from another era. There were these yellow small flowers we kids would pick in my granddad's apartment complex so we could chew on the stems to taste the sour juice. The kids nicknamed the flowers "sour grass". None of us got sick even though -- as I look back -- dogs or cats probably DID urinate in the bushes and flower areas. Oy! Heck, we did not think of THAT when we would chew on the "sour grass".

It is weird how today's sprogs are allergic to every-dang-thing! There is that Pediessure (spelling?) for the sprog that cannot eat much of anything. Banning peanuts on flights is ridiculous because one sproglet may have an allergy. Like, Mrs. Ogre, I cannot stand smoky places even though I smoke a clove once or twice a week. Here in the U.S.A., smoking is banned at the majority of public places; however, I would not initiate such a ban. Moos are now complaining of people who smoke while dining in outside eateries.
August 02, 2006
Ohhh...we called them "Yellow clovers", and I was a total addict for them. We'd also pick purple clovers, pull the petals out of the flowers and suck the sweet juice out of them. I also would put my hands in stinging nettles because I was obsessed with the tingling sensation. Hell, kids can't even drink out of hoses any more. Speaking of which, I know ALOT of people, adults and children, who never drink tap water which is tested and regulated, unlike bottled water. But hey, if it's free it must be horribly horribly dangerous, like 'sour grass' and playing outdoors, after all the children are the future and must be protected at all costs.

In case your interested in some pretty dull reading about bottled water...
http://www.nrdc.org/water/drinking/bw/bwinx.asp

August 02, 2006
didnt coca cola bring out some bottled water.. they discovered it was tap water filtered and they charge 10 times as much..

i think in part its kids are not touching nettles etc that depresses their immune system, if a cold now can make flue next year a bit less bad then i woudl have the cold today..

these kids systems are not being exposed to everyday stuff, so no wonder they are all sick. the other thing is they put these peanut oils in stuff thats not meant to be put in, so people are becoming sensitized to them as well..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
August 02, 2006
If they are allergic to peanuts, forget chinese food, which majority of it is cooked in peanut oil.

lab mom
August 02, 2006
i once saw on a packet of peanuts, not suitable for those with a nut allergy.. nut oils, are spreading out into every product, including ones that shouldnt have any nuts in at all

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
August 02, 2006
I love how idiot parents think bathing their kids twice daily, sending them to school with a bottle of hand sanitizer, and keeping them inside watching cartoons all the time keeps their kids healthy. As a kid I went outside and played in the dirt, I ate grass right out of the urine-saturated backyard. I rarely washed my hands for anything except after using the bathroom. I was only ever allergic to freshly-cut grass, and I have since grown out of that allergy.

But hey if parents want to continue to make their kids live in a foam-padded bubble-wrapped sterile world and make them be allergic to every possible element, then fine. I also say survival of the fittest. If a kid is allergic to weird shit, then let the thing keel over and die. If it happens, it's Nature's wishes.
Nour
August 02, 2006
Agreed, Cambion. If the allergy is that over the top, then maybe they're not supposed to live.
August 02, 2006
remember these kids who were allergic to the 20th century.. u know the ones the said was afflicted in the 90's.. where are they now we are in the 21st, are they better

August 02, 2006
I agree...

If I am remembering my numbers correctly 40% of all bottled water is actually just city tap water. How's that for a scam?!
August 02, 2006
i love uk tap water.. well the hard water, i prefer tap over bottle not jus the price.. but i think of only fools and horses and peckham spring wink

Mrs. Ogre
August 02, 2006
I know Aquafina is tap water bottled in Ontario and sold in Quebec, who has already a lot of free and perfectly good tap water. I drink it myself and I feel great.
Mrs. Ogre
August 02, 2006
Cambion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But hey if parents want to continue to make their
> kids live in a foam-padded bubble-wrapped sterile
> world and make them be allergic to every possible
> element, then fine. I also say survival of the
> fittest. If a kid is allergic to weird shit, then
> let the thing keel over and die. If it happens,
> it's Nature's wishes.

And you know what that means: kids will be kept indoors, and all the public places and nice restaurants will return to the cf. So it might be a good thing after all!

August 02, 2006
When I was a kid, we would eat raw hamburger meat and hotdog sausages, and lick cake batter from the mixing bowl. And I ain't dead yet.
August 02, 2006
In my day, we also played with turtles that were kept in the classroom and went to eat lunch without washing our hands. No salmonella (spelling confused smiley...I just got home from work) poising, either! We also drank water out of the hose. I fell down plenty and scraped up my knees when roller skating. And...I got a nasty sunburn on my shoulders from being outside playing and riding my bike with a tank top and shorts during the summers. I also walked all the way to the store by myself to buy candy...and it was something like THREE miles away. Wow-wee!!!
August 03, 2006
theres that email thing that gets sent round every so often, about risk taking, i blogged it, so i wouldnd have to paste is over and over.

http://mercurior.blogspot.com/2006/07/do-you-remember-when-you-were-kid.html

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke a law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law

We fell out of trees, got cut and broke bones but there were no lawsuits

Anonymous User
August 03, 2006
My friends and I practiced the 10-second rule even with half-melted candy bars on the sidewalk! At least 2 of my [already loose] teeth got knocked out playing kickball. Plus I used to chase down and pet every stray cat I could get my grubby little hands on. I used to hide a LOT of the scrapes & scratches I got from my mom, because I usually got them doing something I wasn't supposed to be doing -- no anti-bacterial creams, pokemon bandaids or boo-boo kissing -- just oozing sores, scabs and lessons learned.
August 03, 2006
I, too, remember the days when parents sided with the law if a child was arrested. Growing up in a predominantly Sicialian neighbourhood in San Francisco, it was very common for an old lady to smack a kid if s/he was being bad. Parents would tell their kids to not go crying to them if they got smacked by the neighbourhood old lady or got reprimanded at school for acting out...because they would get it again at home for doing something that caused someone else to have to discipline them! In many ways, I would not mind some of the old ways to return...
August 03, 2006
If I was disciplined by another adult besides my parents, boy was my ass in trouble when I got home!
August 03, 2006
and we turned out pretty much ok, as he says to his invisible friend alan wink.. LOL

my knees are pure scars, i was one of those kids with brains and other kids used to come to me when bored, and i would give them ideas..usually getting them into trouble.. wink but..less said about that the better.. remember when you started crying in the shops and your mum or dad would say shut up or i will give you summat to cry about.. well it happened over here and many times i had my legs rattled, 3 finger slap across the legs 2 or 3 times never more, short sharp shock especially wearing short trousers.. you would shut up.

i have 3 allergies, one particular plant/fungus the spores, but the weather has to be right, or i am not affected, seafood, even though i love it, and blueberries.. so i avoid them, i dont mind if faust eats some, i am not a bad sufferer, but i would rather not risk it for myself, but why would i want to deny others their pleasure..

August 03, 2006
I'm allergic to hazelnut. And it developed out of absolutely nowhere, around my late 20s - because I had no problem eating Nutella as a kid. Now I get awful cramps if I have anything with hazelnut in it, even a piece of chocolate cake. It's really weird. So, yes, some allergies can strike at random - but I won't stop anyone else from having hazelnut!
Tokio Fraulein
August 04, 2006
Ooh! I used to get banged and beat up all the time, and I also ate cake batter out of the bowl...But look at me! 18 and surviving! Yay!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.