Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1726 Abortion Petition

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
1726 Abortion Petition
August 03, 2006
Well, I signed the abortion petition and agreed to have my name printed in the magazine. I have to admit that was hard. I don't have guilt or regrets regarding my abortion, but I was still hesitant to have people know about it. Maybe it's all that fundie propaganda they shove down our throats. I think it gets to you after a while. Like, it's ok to have an abortion as long as you say you feel bad about it. Like that whole "abortion rare but legal" slogan. If it's ok to have them then it should be ok, regardless of the reason. I hate the idea that if you've had an abortion and are not ashamed about it, then you must be some kind of monster. Shame, you must feel shame you whore! Screw that. I'm proud I made the responsible decision and didn't live off the welfare trough!
Re: 1726 Abortion Petition
August 04, 2006
Thank you

Right on, Leeland, for using your real name. I contemplated using my birth or married name. Being I had been harassed by the Catholic pro-lifers when I did clinic work, I felt leery of using my married name even though the letters came to me under my birth name. The car I had back then was still under that name since it was pre-marital property. With the work I do, I know it is extremely easy for these violent pro-life -- oxymoron, huh -- to locate addresses these days. I do not like having fear rule my life since I am not like that...but I remember too well taking that letter to the local FBI office. The agent did take me very seriously since that particular clinic had been a hotbed of violent acticvity from these nasty "god-fearing" people.
Re: 1726 Abortion Petition
August 04, 2006
well if anyone needs a big ugly man, to go with them and terrify these bullies,, they can use this big ugly guy.. if i catch them well..

if i was nearer, no woman would be afraid of entering with me about..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.