Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#1742 -- Children are more tolerant?

Posted by india_darshan 
#1742 -- Children are more tolerant?
August 06, 2006
I read the article. "Boo," is my response!

Children are NOT more tolerant as the article suggests. In larger families, kids may have to learn to share. However, I remember too well what I saw in the UberFamilies when I tried to be a "good" Catholic (left the Church since there is no place for a childfree woman who truly believes she is a human being) and while growing up.

Large families tend to have a survival of the fittest mentality since the children do rightfully feel that nothing they have is truly theirs. Bullying often goes on in a household with many siblings. The parents cannot give much attention or even love to all of their children due to time and energy issues. Often, one or two of the large flock are the Family Scapegoats and are usually abused by the parents & siblings. Even in one-child or smaller families, kids also know how to play the parents against each other and enjoy the fights they may cause.

Children are very selfish. I have an older friend who is a mother of grown kids. She will attest of the selfish nature of children. Anyone who thinks these tykes are bastions of saintly behaviour should witness a small child scream, "Mine...mine...mine...," if anyone goes anywhere near their toy or sweet treat. Look at the crying and wailing photos of that article where the pampered brats had a lollipop taken from them...
GreenGrass
Re: #1742 -- Children are more tolerant?
August 06, 2006
"Breeder" is also a term used by gays and lesbians to describe heterosexuals. This girl says she was a truck driver and fisherman. Hello!!
sprogless
August 06, 2006
I just skimmed the article, because I haven't had my coffee, yet, but I loved the reverse- bingos! That's a rarity in a pro- natalist, breeder- oriented society.
anonymous guest
August 06, 2006
Seems like Breeder Fields forgot a lot of things. India already gave one account, which states that Fields forgot to read case studies. Also, she states about the whole "birth-rate plumeting." Of course, she forgot to mention also that the birth-to-death rate ratio is still way high, which birth triumphing 3 to death's 1.

She mentions "Jesus pulled a child into the midst of his disciples to highlight God's radical inversion of man's values". Of course, this isn't justification to have lots of children.

As BratfreeGirl basically already stated: get off the cross lady, you're not a martyr, and you're doing the world more harm than good. If Leslie thinks she has biblical justification to breed, here's my response: Isaiah 5:8 "Woe to you who add house to house and join field to field till no space is left and you live alone in the land." This quote speaks volumes on how our society is today.
August 06, 2006
I am so tired of people say the world is running out of children. Have they forgotten the starving kids of Africa and India??? What these jack*sses mean is that we are "running out of" what they view as pedigreed WHITE children. Yes, I am a white woman but am sick of these pro-natalist attitudes. I have a "Non-Breeder" pin I got from a gay pride shop many years ago. I had questioned my sexuality but realised I am very straight...but just made bad choices. I still loved going to Rainbow City, which closed years ago...much to my dismay. :bawl
August 06, 2006
I would definitly say they are racist and use God as and excuse and a cop out, so they won't be labled as racist. Even though that is what they are.

lab mom
August 08, 2006
What a stupid cow. Sounds like she is making her kyds live miserable lives, all in the name of "sharing". And look who's all offended and insulted at being compared to an animal! Hello? That's because you are ACTING like one, you worthless cuckroach.

And this is my favorite part: "The National Institutes of Health says that 60 percent of pregnancies in the U.S. are "mistimed, unplanned, or unwanted altogether." It was not my plan to have six children—it was God's. Though the last pregnancies were difficult, life was the only possible choice. What else could I say but, like Mary, Yes, I am your servant."

And THAT's the problem right there! Yes, let's ALL be brainwashed slaves and keep on having "accidents", i.e. unwanted kids!

(And, hmm, BTW - are you saying you are the new Virgin Mary and God is the one who knocked you up? Wow.)
GreenGrass
August 08, 2006
I'm sorry, but if I kept enduring "unplanned" pregnancies that were "difficult" as she says hers were, I would stop f*cking.

Then again, that's what good obedient "godly" wives do for their husbands - put out on demand and then birth their holy "miracle" trophies.
August 09, 2006
Just feel the need to add here that she's also basing her life on a MADE UP BOOK that, if anything, was meant more as as a teaching device than "life's little instruction manual" to be followed to the letter.

But I'm a jerk that way.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.