Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1746 - Doctors seek better shopping cart design

Posted by Mrs. Ogre 
I found this

http://controlyourkids.blogspot.com/
Boy ain't THAT the truth?! Fortunately, I've not heard the sickening splat of kid hitting lineoleum, but I've seen so many near-misses it's not funny. Personally, I think about 23,999 of the 24,000 reported grocery cart injuries could have been solved by a well-planted smack on the kid's rear. As for why the AAP came up with the idea of changing the cart design, my guess is that some of these so-called geniuses are breeders TOO and may have done the same thing (i.e., not keeping an eye on their kids while in the store)THEMSELVES. I just hope the grocery cart manufacturers laugh hysterically before telling this bunch of ya-hoos to WATCH THEIR KIDS and DISCIPLINE THEM! When will these folks learn that if you cannot keep your kids under control in the store, HIRE A SITTER or better yet, order your groceries on-line, if delivery service is available.

By the way, one good thing about shopping in the exchange/commissary stores is that if you see someone neglecting their kids and you know who they are, you can report them to their chain of command. Nothing quite like a chief or senior officer ripping someone a new one followed by a visit by Fleet & Family services (all of which, by the way, can go on your record) that will provide the much-needed "attitude adjustment". On the civilian side, since just about everyone has a cell phone, why don't we have DFACS on speed dial and if we see one of these yo-yos leaving their kids unattended in a shopping cart and the kid takes a tumble, give them a buzz. I have a feeling that a visit from those guys might cure some of the potential "accidents" waiting to happen.
Re: 1746 - Doctors seek better shopping cart design
August 07, 2006
That is one thing I love about the military. Bad behaviour does not get too far and is not ignored. My first retail job as a cashier where I had to handle personal cheques for payment was an education when I asked to see a California Driver's License when the customer showed his military ID. I did not know any better. The assistant manager said that was better ID. The military guy agreed saying that a bounced cheque can be reported to his commanding officer which means BIG trouble for the man.

A childhood friend had a Navy husband -- don't know if they are still married. She covered for him for a bad cheque so he would not get demoted. And...she told me to make very certain that I did not even go one mile over the 25 MPH limit on Presidio property...not that I am a speed demon. Michelle just being in my car would get her husband into trouble if I was zipping through like a jack*ss. She also told me that being late to a doctor's appointment on base is also reason to be punished. The military don't play!
NOW I'VE SEEN EVERYTHING! Well, I just saw this on the front page tonight on the AJC (Atlanta Journal-Constitution) website and looks like the grocery cart manufacturers have caved in big-time. I can only imagine what it's going to be like trying to navigate around one of these suckers!

Let's re-cap: kids watch WAY too much tv at home, don't play games in the car such as "I Spy" or "Counting Cows" or "Out of State Car" but watch DVDs instead and now this. Is there ANY place that children are not subjected to TV?! Man, I am really scared of this up and coming generation. Talk about having NO imagination whatsoever! Just check out the link below.

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/business/stories/0808bizkarts.html

PS. I'm new at posting stuff and am not sure if the link will go through, so if it doesn't, check out the ajc front page at www.ajc.com and go to the business section and if all else fails, look up TV KARTS on the page. You'll see what I mean.
You might want to try this link:

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/business/stories/0808bizkarts.html
What in the hell is wrong with this world. How many of you were injured as a child by a shopping cart mishap???? I never freaking was!! 2 words---Ass Spanking.
By the way, it has always occurred to me that children in shopping trolleys is an extremely unsanitary practice. Their shitty arses and dirty little feet and fingers, which most likely have been recently stuck up some orifice, go in places that we then place our food in! WTF? Am I the only one who is horrified by brats in carts?
No, Gail, I think it's gross, too!
At our grocery stores, they have wipes for the carts. That alone is something to think about. I always wipe my cart off beforehand. God only knows what kinds of germs are all over the thing.

The whole kindertainment movement is out of hand. Why can't they just sit in the damned cart? We did, and we didn't die of boredom. When I was little, it was my job to keep a running tab on what was in the cart. I didn't have time to act up, because I had to do the math. Oh, but since food budgets are passe now, I guess that would be considered child abuse. I can't wait to see one of these necessities in the market- I haven't kicked anything in awhile...
August 08, 2006
this is one of the major bugbears of me and my mum, i wonder how many cases of food poisonings have occured due to kids germs in carts..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
August 08, 2006
gail Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> By the way, it has always occurred to me that
> children in shopping trolleys is an extremely
> unsanitary practice. Their shitty arses and dirty
> little feet and fingers, which most likely have
> been recently stuck up some orifice, go in places
> that we then place our food in! WTF? Am I the only
> one who is horrified by brats in carts?

That's why I usually use a basket, unless I'm buying something heavy. I'd rather go to the store more often - and, being single, I don't need as much. (Wow, that's ONE advantage!)

Not too many sprogs where I shop, though. *crossing fingers*

I have just one question: WHO IN THE FUCK FUNDED ANY KIND OF STUDY LIKE THAT?

One answer: our hard-earned tax dollars keeping some breeder-pleezer research assholes at work.

They could use that money towards providing better care for the elderly or for better highways, but NOO...gotta use it to prove that stupid, inattentive breeders allow their crotchshit to fall over in shopping carts...what a national fucking catastrophe...GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
Sproggless, when I was a kid it was a treat to go to a supermarket! And I'm under 50, so I'm not talking the dark ages. And there were no fucking carts with kiddy sections-I walked. That's right. Shock. Horror. And I didn't grab and whine and run amok. I truely thing that kids in carts is a bizarre, dirty phenomenon. What can be done?
RESPONSIBLE ADULT Wrote:
>NOW I'VE SEEN EVERYTHING I can only imagine what it's going to be like trying to navigate around one of these suckers!
>
> RA, They have these TV carts in my grocery store now and they're fucking enormous in person. The aisles in my store aren't that wide so these SEV''s (Shopping Entertainment Vehicles until I come up with something better) take up more space than the massive strollers do! And there's only about 1/3 the amount of space for actual groceries than a regular cart.

Moo or Duh has to put in a dollar deposit to use it and what's worse is they are "themed" with the latest lame-ass cartoon characters. I wanted to go down the cereal aisle when I spotted a famblee with 2 of these rolling plastic circus elephants. There was one kid in each and both stopped smack in mid-aisle so nobody could walk by either way. I didn't even bother going down that aisle since they seemed to engrossed in their search for their weeks' worth of sugar-coated chunks.

These are just another way for lazy-ass parunts to not have to teach discipline and patience to their kids by just plugging the kid in to something. What's next, shoving a little TV & satellite dish into some moo's uterus for the fetus to keep quietly entertained?
August 09, 2006
Wow. I made it through my ENTIRE CHILDHOOD going to the grocery store with my parents and never, ever fell out or tipped over a cart. Of course, my parents were horribly abusive in that they stifled my creativity to make sure I remained seated and explained what would happen if I didn't,

In fact, I'm pretty sure kids have been riding in shopping carts for decades without falling out or tipping them over in such high numbers because parents back in the day were awful, nasty people who didn't want to be their kid's best friend. Of course, this means if you are around 45 or younger, you probably grew up eating food that was put in a cart where some grubby kid had been, not to mention the rat and insect feces found on most canned foods from warehouses, and general dirt and grime from the cart being in the parking lot. I'm just saying that those antibacterial wipes many stores provide to wipe down their carts are probably not all that necessicary, or effective.

Well, I like to wipe them off, anyway. One time DH was shopping and there was a booger on the underside of the push- bar thingy. The wipes may not sanitize it, but after that, I'm not taking any chances...
I never wipe the carts off...then again I just got over the flu.

But from now on I'm not going shopping without my own wipes and maybe a biohazard suit since unsanitary images are now burned into my brain permanently.
sprogless Wrote:
> Well, I like to wipe them off, anyway. One time DH
> was shopping and there was a booger on the
> underside of the push- bar thingy. The wipes may
> not sanitize it, but after that, I'm not taking
> any chances...

Damn!!! A forking booger! There has to be a lawsuit in there somewhere! You know a breeder would be calling his/her lawyer if their dear little crotchdropping was exposed to an unidentified booger. Damn, I actually gagged reading this.

August 10, 2006
I'd love to see someone out shopping in a biohazard suit, especially on Saturday afternoons when it seems like every family must bring all members on the expedition.
August 10, 2006
sprogless Wrote:
> Well, I like to wipe them off, anyway. One time DH
> was shopping and there was a booger on the
> underside of the push- bar thingy. The wipes may
> not sanitize it, but after that, I'm not taking
> any chances...

Gross!!!!!!!!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.