Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

THEY'RE NOT A GIFT!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
THEY'RE NOT A GIFT!
August 10, 2006
Over on another board, I'm discussing with some other folks the benefits of NOT having a kid, and of course, someone posts that "CHILDREN ARE A GIFT FROM GOD BUT NOT EVERYONE WANTS THAT GIFT." Fuck that. A child is NOT a gift. A child is a byproduct of sex and unlike a gift, if you don't want 'em, you can't take 'em back to customer service counter and ask for a refund.
Mrs. Ogre
Re: THEY'RE NOT A GIFT!
August 10, 2006
They're not a gift, they're a curse!
Or if they are a gift, they're a poisoned gift!
Mrs. Ogre
August 10, 2006
Which reminds me that in German, "gift" means poison...
August 10, 2006
I agree with you guys. A child is not a gift, but a living hellish nightmare! I also hate it when people say that a child is a BLESSING! A child is never a blessing, but a BURDEN!
india.darshan
August 10, 2006
The religious right love to use the "children are a gift from God" to try to convince themselves that their lives are okay. They also want to coerce everyone else to breed. If having those babies was such a wonderful "gift", the pro-lifers would not need to keep trying to outlaw abortion and contraception because there would be no need for either of those services. These people know deep down inside of themselves that kids are truly a burden. Most of these relious zealots do wish they had a spine and thought for themselves rather than allow religion to dictate their lives.

I have a friend who wanted a childfree-by-choice life but after her last trip to India at the Hare Krishna ashram under her guru, she feels that she needs to have a baby should the guru tell her she need to marry. I asked her why she needed to needed to have a baby. Her attitude is that using birth control is cheating. I asked her "who" we were cheating??? Her answer, "Krishna (God)." Please...I am tired of women being told they must breed for the Male God. I also mentioned how most religious leaders of many faiths are non-married/non-childed. Then...she mentioned "lust" is a reason to marry. If marriage cured lust, married men would not be cheating so much.

It is sad that my friend gave up thinking for herself for religion. Even alternative faiths are full of orthodoxy and anti-woman attitudes.
August 11, 2006
they dont need to think they have faith.

i dont have faith, so i think

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
August 11, 2006
People who think kids are gifts are fucking retarded. Gifts are things that are given, and children are made/conceived, if you look at it from the biological perspective. But then breeders start up with how the Catholic God gives the gift of children. I'm sorry, but any deity that "gives" me children and expects me to consider them "gifts" is no deity I would consider worshipping.
August 11, 2006
What also gets me about my friend is that she goes on how divorce is so terrible in the US meaning marriage is not valued. She smugly said how the divorce rate is maybe 1% in India. I do not know how true that is; however, divorce rates are lower in countries where women have nowhere to go due to cultural dictates and how females are not valued for much of anything other than providing husbands with male children. As a white American, my friend finds it so easy to be so smug. I did tell her that Indian husbands can fool around and be abusive just like our own homegrown men. Breeding and marrying overseas usually does not live up to the fantasies these women harbour...
August 11, 2006
I ain't accepting no "gifts" from dieties I don't believe in.
Praise that "Bobs" only gift is slack. Slack and children don't mix.

CFScorpio
August 11, 2006
If children are a gift, then our response should be, "Oh, you shouldn't have!"
Anonymous User
August 11, 2006
CFScorpio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If children are a gift, then our response should
> be, "Oh, you shouldn't have!"

LOL HOW TRUE!!! The convo on the other board to which I belong was meant to be for those who don't want kids, but of course, THE MOOS just HAD to fuckin' interject. GEEZ!
Tokio Fraulein
August 11, 2006
Aiyaah! Gift? Run awayyy! ;_; They are not gifts, I am so tired of being attacked by other people's kids because they want my lollies or whatever blood-sugar-boosting candies I carry around...The only one that gets my lollies and jelly babies is Bill! X3 *is in the process of sending the band handmade wool scarves and lots of candy* I think we should all say "Oh, you shouldn't have!" as well! ^-^'''

Love,

Tokio Fraulein
August 11, 2006
A gift my sweet ass. I hate those assholes who are so self righteous. Some people are not able to have children. Don't judge them.

lab mom
August 11, 2006
A gift? More like a curse.
CFBitchfromLA
August 12, 2006
Yeah...a brat is a gift someone gives to you...kind of like an STD that can never go away.

I am tubalized, and I do not regret that for a second.

A well-designed brat would come with a mute switch, an instant "behave" button and removable batteries for those times you did not want to deal with all of the shit. You could just put the damn thing in the corner and go away.
August 13, 2006
CFBitchfromLA Wrote:
> Yeah...a brat is a gift someone gives to
> you...kind of like an STD that can never go away.
>
> I am tubalized, and I do not regret that for a
> second.
>
> A well-designed brat would come with a mute
> switch, an instant "behave" button and removable
> batteries for those times you did not want to deal
> with all of the shit. You could just put the damn
> thing in the corner and go away.

No kidding!!!!
August 13, 2006
Medusa Wrote:
> A gift? More like a curse.

A boring curse. babies/toddlers/kids are extremley boring.
Anonymous User
August 14, 2006
VLM Wrote:
The convo on the other board to
> which I belong was meant to be for those who don't
> want kids, but of course, THE MOOS just HAD to
> fuckin' interject. GEEZ!

VLM: I hope you told them to shove their baybee gift sideways!! I hate moos! Don't let them get away with it, even though it may evolve into a flame war.
Anonymous User
August 14, 2006
CFBitchfromLA Wrote:
> Yeah...a brat is a gift someone gives to
> you...kind of like an STD that can never go away.
>
> I am tubalized, and I do not regret that for a
> second.
>
> A well-designed brat would come with a mute
> switch, an instant "behave" button and removable
> batteries for those times you did not want to deal
> with all of the shit. You could just put the damn
> thing in the corner and go away.

LOL ITA!!!
Anonymous User
August 14, 2006
sharon j. Wrote:
> VLM Wrote:
> The convo on the other board to
> > which I belong was meant to be for those who
> don't
> > want kids, but of course, THE MOOS just HAD
> to
> > fuckin' interject. GEEZ!
>
> VLM: I hope you told them to shove their baybee
> gift sideways!! I hate moos! Don't let them get
> away with it, even though it may evolve into a
> flame war.
>

Yes, it's already turning into a childfree versus childed debate. One of them have already called us "selfish" and we've already been dubbed as "hating kids." Good grief. I don't know why moos always wanna add their two cents into a conversation that has to do with childfree folks. All it's going to do is piss them off, and once they're pissed off, they come after us, then we get pissed. UGH!
Julie
August 14, 2006
This is from childfreebychoice and they quote this:

"And it came about while He said these things, one of the women in the crowd raised her voice, and said to Him, 'Blessed is the womb that bore You, and the breasts at which You nursed.' But He said, 'On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the word of God, and observe it."
--Jesus (Luke 11:27-28)
The word of God to me is saying: "there's too much hate in the world to bring a kid into it....plus, they're a pain in the ass!!!"
he, he.
August 14, 2006
A definate pain in the ass!!!

lab mom
Anonymous User
August 14, 2006
WaterLily Wrote:
> A definate pain in the ass!!!
>
> "If motherhood doesn't interest you, don't do it.
> It didn't interest me, so I didn't do it. Anyway,
> I would have made a terrible parent. The first
> time my child didn't do what I wanted, I'd kill
> him."
> --Katherine Hepburn

And in the wallet!
August 15, 2006
Simply put: I hate kids.

Some gift. I'd like the return receipt, please!
August 16, 2006
Yeah! They'll suck your wallet thin!!!!

lab mom
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.