Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flying with Sprogs

Posted by Matush 
Matush
Flying with Sprogs
August 14, 2006
Rant 1: As anyone who has ever flown on Southwest knows, seating is first come first serve. However, moos and duhs of young children always get to board first no matter what because they apparently take a long time to board.

Now, my preference is always as close to the front as possible when flying into BWI on the early morning flight because I want to catch the earliest train into DC. However, families usually take up the front making it preferable for my sanity to sit as far back as possible. Ok, sitting in the back adds a couple minutes delay to catch the train. Add to that that the moos and duhs insist on getting off first even though they were pre-boarded because they are slow. I know some out of work moos reading this might think that a 10 minute delay isn't a big deal but it is to anyone who has ever had to commute to work and whose work schedule often revolves around the train schedule. That 10 minute delay sometimes means I'm waiting 1 hour longer for a train than I would have if I got off the plane earlier.

Rant 2: Apparently on some flights, they are forbiding you to bring anything on board except your passport and wallet. May I ask how anyone is supposed to survive an 8 hour plus flight not to mention a two hour wait in the airport with screaming sprogs without an ipod. During my last flight, I had the misfortune of being seated next to a moo and her screaming sprog and it was only thanks to the ipod and my shure earphones that I was able so survive that flight. How I managed the 30 minutes where you can't use your portable electronics is beyond me.

Rant 3: During a layover, I went to use the first class business lounge at an airport. And would you believe, the place was littered with sprogs. These business centers exist so business travelers can get work done in peace and quiet, not for moos and duhs to feel important and drink free coke and eat free cheese. I had a conference call with a client that I had to interupt a few times to find a new spot because people could hear the brat screaming.
Re: Flying with Sprogs
August 14, 2006
ok apparently the uk ban was temporary, you can now take in electronic items, but they have to be checked and xrayed seperatly. at least in the UK that particular thing is stopping.

i had a 12 hour flight, and i wouldnt have survived without my mp3 player. but apparently you can take bottles of milk on board, for the precious ickle brats.. but no one else can..

at the moment the uk luggage restrictions is half the size for carry on luggage.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
August 14, 2006
I know this sounds nuts, but would anyone really want to be stuck on a plane with a child who is shrieking because of hunger? I know it sucks that I can't bring a sealed bottle of water with me (I will be trying to get an empty bottle in so at least I don't have to pay for water while I'm waiting at the gate), but I also know that infants need to be fed every few hours, and do tend to get horribly loud when they're hungry.

Of course, I know infants are horribly loud in any situation, and I don't actually think infants should be on planes in the first place...but I'm just saying if they're going to allow infants on planes, I'd think one would want parents to be allowed whatever devices are necessicary to keep them as quiet as possible, though duct tape would probably work better. From what I'd read last week, the parents do have to "taste the milk" before being allowed to bring it on the plane.
Mmmmm.

I think if I had to be on a plane for any amount of time without any sort of distraction would make me start screaming louder than any starving 9month old with popping ears ever could. I hate the whole process of flying. I still think it would just be a better plan to release a sedative gas into the plane between boarding and lift off, it would truely solve so many of these problems...a sedated baby is not a crying baby.

August 14, 2006
yes, but the worst thing is, you couldnt take any toys with you, for the kids or books or magazines either. but ok if you have one rule, you might as well make it for everyone, let everyone take a sip of the drink, plus the milk.. but to let kids go through and let the adults not.. it does seem to me to be a bit.. mad.

they allowed people with babies to take in nappies, and so on.. but no toys

if a really unscrupulous person decided they would put the stuff in the milk bottle, and the kids nappy.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
August 14, 2006
A. I think a plane with children in dirty diapers might just be a horrible situation. I think a plane with children in no diapers would also just be horrible.

B. Again, adults can sit and starve quietly. Babys can not, unless duct tape is provided.

I think it's still more a matter of "well, at the very least the babies aren't going to be screaming for milk" than "Fuck the adults, we'll let babys have milk to spite those ticket buying bastards".

And well, a person who is bound and determined to blow up a plane is going to find a way to do it inspite of the regulations...liquids can still be checked onto the plane...

Again, sedative gas for all plane travelers.

August 14, 2006
i agree, its silly, but thats what people are saying, its sort of like parents of kids get a free pass, i remember waiting in boston, for the security checks, and the queue was long, and this woman staff member, walked along the lines and pulled out all the parents and let them go first..

here you cant take any through th sercurity anymore, you can buy duty free.

i agree its mad but thats what a lot of people are saying.. why have one rule when you let others go through without checking..

Mrs. Ogre
August 14, 2006
Feh Wrote:
> Babys can not, unless duct tape is provided.

Ah! Feh! Another duct tape afficionado like me! I also vote for a dirty gym sock in the mouth before applying duct tape. The dirty gym sock works like sleeping gas!
Anonymous User
August 14, 2006
Hey Matush!

I hear you on rant #1! I live in the DC area and it makes a HUGE difference when you're trying to catch a train into the city if anyone is holding you up. Personally, I think there should be a child/no child section on the plane with the child section being in the BACK of the plane and separated from the front of the plane by a huge, sound-proof door to be opened at the end of the flight. That way, all the business travelers in the front can read or do their work and be able to catch their connecting flights or ground transportation on time. I think people would actually pay extra for this service (I know I would!). Here's hoping!
Matush
August 14, 2006
Parunts have always gotten speshul treatment when boarding the planes. They're the ones who get to board first and get first dibs to clog up the overhead space to put their strollers and carriers and bags of toys.

On one flight in one of those small express jets where the left side has 1 seat and the right side has 2 seats, the flight attendant made my seatmate move because apparently the seat on the left wasn't conducive to letting a moo have her sprog sit on her lap. Sprog spent the whole flight screaming and kicking. Moo refused to apologize for the hell she put me through.
Anonymous User
August 14, 2006
One thing I have done is when I see those darn kiddie-sized roller suitcases is to take it OUT of the bin and ask aloud, "WHOSE IS THIS?" and then instruct the owner to place it UNDER their seat. It works just about every time and anyone objects, I just call the flight attendant over and let THEM deal with it. I figure if they're going to let those darn bags on, it is THEIR problem, not mine.
August 14, 2006
I hate flying Southwest because it is the equivalent of riding the bus with low-class behaving people...meaning nasty sprogs and loud young women with suggestive sayings on their t-shirts. The only thing I liked is - due to no assigned seating - about famblees boarding first is that I usually could choose a better seat since I knew where the Breedersons were sitting once it was my turn to board.
August 14, 2006
Dirty socks work as sedatives? Man, I gotta start sniffing them more!

Seriously though, these "security measures" are just window dressing to make people think they're safer. Considering most luggage that goes into the hold only receives a cursory inspection, stuff that's shipped receives no inspection, and virtually none of the cargo shipped into the U.S. via boat are inspected in any sort of way, it's highly doubtful banning liquids from carry on's is going to do much except inconvience everyone, and help airports make more money by selling access to beverages after you've cleared "security". Seriously, I've known many people who've accidentally gotten knives, scissors, and lighters through security, and a couple of folks who work with explosives (buiding fireworks! cool!) who get through security (inspite of the "sniffers" for TNT) about 90% of the time without any sort of special screening. It's window dressing to remind people they need to be afraid so they continue to support the administration, and the war where ever it happens to be.
August 14, 2006
Very true, Feh. The ban on liquids is ridiculous tongue sticking out smiley ...and I don't mind most security checks.
August 14, 2006
you cant take tweezers or nail clippers on ... why u gonna get a bad eyebrow plucking, or a bad pedicure..

DrDanCorelli
August 14, 2006
As a very, very frequent flyer I have experienced more than my share of brat meltdowns, entitlebreeders and other breeder-related disasters on airplanes. I have stories that would curl hair you didn't know you had.

Some things I have experienced first-hand include the following:

A breederbitch with a huge-assed stroller cut right in front of the first class boarding line and nearly knocked over an elderly woman using a cane. She claimed she hadn't heard the preboard call, and the gate agent told her he had not done a preboard call. The broodsow then tried to lie her way to an early boarding, but the gate agent told her to sit down and also told her if she would have knocked over the elderly woman, she would have been taken off the plane.

In first class on a flight from London to Tokyo, a Eurobrat kept coming up into the cabin from economy and walking around the cabin making a pest of himself. He would take food off of tray tables, tried poking his finger into some passengers' desserts and bratstalk himself all over the cabin. The flight attendants would chase him out, only for him to come up again half an hour later. Finally, the lead flight attendant chased him back to economy and gave his parents holy hell. It was on an Asian airline, and they do not screw around where their high-fare passengers are concerned.

In business class, on the upper deck of a 747 bound from Sydney to LA, two brats thought it would be fun to play hide and go seek. They were "class creepers" from economy and were not supposed to be there. The moo came into upstairs looking for them, and decided to plop her ass onto one of the business class seats and make herself at home. When the flight attendant asked what she was doing there, the moo told her that the seat was empty and she was just going to stay there. The flight attendant informed her that she was not going to stay there unless she wanted to be charged for the full amount of one-way business class airfare when we arrived in LA, and that furthermore she would be charged with theft of services and the fees for unchaperoned brats as they were in economy class. She whined and put up a fight, but in the end the first officer came out of the flight deck and forced her back into economy. While she was being walked back to economy, she told everyone in the cabin that the airline was mean to children and mothers.

Sometimes you just want to use the biggest cluebat you can find on these ignorant breeder assholes.

August 14, 2006
Moos always use the "so-and-so business is mean to mothers and children" excuse when they do not get what they want. It is all about them. Being I have had the mispleasure to work with moos and have dealt with them in most parts of society, I have heard everything. I saw the rant about the moo demanding changing tables in airplane bathrooms. The restrooms in a plane are the size of a bathtub. How would a changing table fit??? confused smiley
August 14, 2006
india_darshan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Moos always use the "so-and-so business is mean to
> mothers and children" excuse when they do not get
> What they want. It is all about them. Being I have
> had the mispleasure to work with moos and have
> dealt with them in most parts of society, I have
> heard everything. I saw the rant about the moo
> demanding changing tables in airplane bathrooms.
> The restrooms in a plane are the size of a
> Bathtub. How would a changing table fit???

you really should check out my rant on the other board. It takes time, effort, labor, cost to try and to 'modify' something on an airplane. Not to mention, sometimes not getting anywhere. One specific sample, the tanker deal at Boeing. If that human waste wants something modified on a commercial jet, she should work at Boeing to understand the cost analysis of jet modification. But, however, I highly doubt she is smart enough to either work at Boeing, OR compute any of this into her pea size brain.

lab mom
CF VTer
August 15, 2006
Last April my wife and I were flying to Prague on a redeye and a he-sprog was running up and down the aisle, stomping and grabbing seats as he went. Finally we complained to an FA and she said they've already talked to the mother but the mother isn't listening to them.

My wife said, "Not listening to YOU? That's illegal!"

We saw a couple FA's talking to the woman again, and funnily enough the kid never left the viscinity of his row again. winking smiley
August 15, 2006
The main reason I refuse to travel. Ill-behaven people, their brats and a head-exploding flight. No thanks.
August 16, 2006
Breeders have selective hearing. eye rolling smiley

lab mom
Matush
August 17, 2006
I was once flying with my parents and trying to do some work on the plane. This sprog kept playing with her recliner and almost knocked down my laptop. I was about ready to yell at the kid but my dad stopped me. Later, when we got off the plane, he told me that he recognized the sprog's dad from the papers and that the duhd was a corrupt cop. Hence, he did not want any trouble. Nothing worse than a duhd that can actually make your life miserable!
CFScorpio
August 17, 2006
Matush Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
he told me that he recognized the sprog's
> dad from the papers and that the duhd was a
> corrupt cop.

But, but...a corrupt cop with a kid? I thought parenting made you a better person! LOL

August 17, 2006
probablt took kick backs to fund the little monster, and his wife and girlfriend too..

August 17, 2006
Don't need trouble with a cop. Even if the kid is a terrible brat.

lab mom
Matush
August 17, 2006
And his sprog is probably turning into an entitlemoo. She probably thinks "I can do whatever I want cause my daddy's a police officer"
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.