Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

pets as kids

Posted by sprogless 
sprogless
pets as kids
December 11, 2005
If the breeders think of me as "the weird dog lady", that's fine. I don't want to mingle with them, anyway.
KidFreeLuvnLife
Re: pets as kids
December 12, 2005
Me too! I'll be the crazy old lady with all the pets, frightfully thin because I have a ton of pets to feed and can barely afford food for myself!!! LOL
ih8kyds
December 12, 2005
you could always feed the pets bad kids
CF Scorpio
December 12, 2005
Who cares if we look like flakes? Anyone who is dumb enough to stereotype the entire CF community because some CFers have several cats is an idiot.
PostLil
December 12, 2005
My problem with the "Cat Lady" situation is people that say my cats are my children substitute, since I'm CF.
As in "Without kids, I guess you treat your pets so well because you think they're your children".
I've always replied in a puzzled tone that "My MOTHER, who had children (duh) taught me how to treat pets properly, and that I grew up with dogs and/or cats for as long as I can remember. How could I think that my wonderful cat/dog is a child? My mother certainly knew the difference between a child and a pet, and so do I." Stops them dead in their tracks. And since my beloved Mother died some years ago, no one would even think of attacking my Mother's attitude towards pets - Plus, it's simple logic.
I always liked the thought (probably from Turtle's page) that people who can't have pets have children as a poor substitute.
And no, right now, I do not have any pets. Nor children. Nor anyone giving me crap about either !
"My Mother......." Works - every - time.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.