- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Re: What not to ask a pregnant woman
May 20, 2011
Amethyst
"Hey. How're the hemorrhoids hangin'?"
waving hellolarious

or perhaps, "Do you have any gross stretch marks yet?" or, "Has your pussy started hanging out it's hole yet?"

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
May 20, 2011
When told that someone is pregnant for the first time, my response is almost always, "Well, her life is over now." Haven't ever said it to anyone's face, though I might if they were militantly annoying about being pregnant.
May 20, 2011
So, it would probably be uncouth of me to say to a preggo about to pop, "Ohhhh. I'm so sorry. I guess you've run out of time to have an abortion."

It's your hell; you rot in it!
May 20, 2011
A companion thread could be: What not to say if you are a pregnant woman

"I am dilated to 1 cm and my doctor says my cervix is softening"

"The baby is kicking me in the bladder and I have to pee constantly"

"A good way to induce labor is nipple stimulation"

and the worst

(said with sincerity, not knowing the depths of my revulsion to all things breeding) "CrabCake, I have been waiting for the baby to be really active so that you can put your hand on my tummy and feel him moving" two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking

I currently have THREE knocked up coworkers, so I am inundated with this shit on a daily basis. I am trying to look on the bright side. It is helping in my appetite control and weight loss program. two faces puking

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
May 20, 2011
What NOT to ask a pregnant married woman: "So, who's the father?"

winking smiley
May 20, 2011
Peace

GOOD ONE!

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
May 21, 2011
I love you guys. So full of cf insight. grinning smiley

lab mom
May 21, 2011
Snark Shark
Peace

winking smiley

BWA-HA-HA!

smile rolling left rightsmile :biggrin2

lab mom
May 21, 2011
You have all clearly demonstrated that if she thinks the "is it wanted?" question is the most insulting thing evar, she hasn't met us. I'm always tempted to ask the ones related to overpopulation.
May 21, 2011
I'd like to offer a ride to planned parenthood when someone first says she's inpig.
May 21, 2011
CrabCake
A companion thread could be: What not to say if you are a pregnant woman

"I am dilated to 1 cm and my doctor says my cervix is softening"

"The baby is kicking me in the bladder and I have to pee constantly"

"A good way to induce labor is nipple stimulation"

and the worst

(said with sincerity, not knowing the depths of my revulsion to all things breeding) "CrabCake, I have been waiting for the baby to be really active so that you can put your hand on my tummy and feel him moving" two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking

I currently have THREE knocked up coworkers, so I am inundated with this shit on a daily basis. I am trying to look on the bright side. It is helping in my appetite control and weight loss program. two faces puking

two faces puking ANY of the talk that starts a sentence with, "My cervix" just grosses me out.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
May 21, 2011
How about, " Do you have any idea who is the father?"
May 21, 2011
KABA
To quote a line from Patch Adams: "Let's visit the maternity ward, you know those women put out". By announcing to the all those in ear shot that there's a "bun in the oven" then that woman has already said she has a sex life. So why feel the question "where you trying?" is rude? If you don't want to be asked what you think are dumb ass questions then keep your dumb ass mouth shut.

Besides, I have to wonder if this is one of those females on a publicly accessible forum talking about her BFNs and how often and in what positions her and the sperm donor are doing the reproductive deed.

apparently, it is rude to ask a pregnant woman "were you trying" or "who's the father", but it's a-okay to ask child free women "are you going to have babies" or "what's wrong? can't have any?"
May 21, 2011
Peace

winking smiley

among my cousins, the question not to ask is "what's the father in for?"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login