Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1430-Repetitive Noises

Posted by Sherz 
Sherz
1430-Repetitive Noises
May 22, 2006
I don't know why the little bastards do this, but I think it's probably because no one has ever told them to fucking stop it! Their parunts praise them for every little sound they utter, so making stupid noises, or repeating words seems normal to these kids. They've been made to feel so damn good about themselves for no good reason.

Every year I would have a few students that were noisemakers like this. I would share with them that I used to teach special ed, and that special ed students often couldn't help making noises because they were so mentally handicapped, and unless they could prove to me their mental handicap, they needed to stop making the noises. This usually embarrassed them into stopping. Of course, I had to be careful of which children I would say this to, because we're not allowed to use humiliation as a form of punishment.
Re: 1430-Repetitive Noises
May 22, 2006
I hate if I am standing in line at a store and a small child keeps saying, "Hi," over 'n over. I don't mind being polite and saying "hi" back to the kid the first time around. That is just having good manners but I am never in any mood to play the "hi, hi, hi, hi" game with a sprog. What gets on my nerves is when Moo thinks it is cute and glares at me for not continuing to play.
May 22, 2006
I wish they would all just shut up. They are so annoying - and it really does make you believe they are all braindamaged or something.

But, NO! Kyds MUST be encouraged to express themselves! So every damn thing that comes out of them must be cooed over and worshipped. How DARE you try to restrain them! [/sarcasm]
May 22, 2006
Actualy, Medusa, I swear half of them ARE braindamaged.

lab mom
Anonymous User
May 22, 2006
DW and I had a neighbor who beeped a lot outside. It, of course, helped he was on his little tricycle and was in his driveway. They, the owners of the double flat, moved out. The new neighbors have a very well-behaved child who I don't hear much out of. I probably will when the windows are open. DW just told me that there are two children there; the older is 4. Still, they both seem well-behaved.
KidFreeLuvnLife
May 23, 2006
I have NO patience whatsoever and I loathe noise of any kind. If it's not coming from an animal, I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT.

Kids making repetitive noises is even worse. They are are either 1. stupid/low IQ 2. just plain rude 3. bored to death or 4. trying to piss someone off. Any of the 4 warrants a good beating.
May 23, 2006
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They are are either 1. stupid/low IQ 2. just plain rude
> 3. bored to death or 4. trying to piss someone
> off. Any of the 4 warrants a good beating.

I don't think it's "either" - it's usually ALL 4 of the above, at the same time!

Sherz
May 23, 2006
It's funny, I don't even notice a dog barking, but a sprog beeping gets to me everytime. Our neighbor just adopted an new dog, and it is fairly barky. He apologized to us this past weekend for the noise. My husband and I hadn't actually noticed it, and told him so. The people living on the other side of him had already voiced thier complaints to him about the barking. This neighbor has a set of loud, obnoxious, twin boys whose mouths I hear screaming if my windows are open. Yet, I can't call the sprog catcher on them.
Lady War-Dog
May 23, 2006
Re: The "Hi, hi, hi" game...

We have a bunch of little snotty, obnoxious children who live in our apartment complex and apperantly their parents have never told them about "stranger danger." Well, War-Dog was heading back to our apartment after work when this 5-6 yo boy starts yelling, "Hi, hi, hi" to him. War-Dog ignored him, when suddenly this kid plants himself right in WD's path and says in a snotty voice, "I said 'HI!'"

War-Dog gave the boy his most scary smile, leaned down into the kid's face and said, "Beware...I'm a stranger and I might have candy" then chuckled evilly. The kid turned ghost-white and ran away.

Which makes me wonder...

With all the big scare in the media about "stranger abduction" and the fact that they won't let their Wittle Pwecious step 2 feet out of their sight, why are these breeders encouraging their children to play the "Hi, hi, hi" game with adults they don't know?

--Lady War-Dog
KidFreeLuvnLife
May 23, 2006
Oh Sherz, me too! I don't even notice barking dogs or any other noise by an animal. I even think it's cute when the neighbor's cat comes over and yeowls on my front porch because he wants to come in to see my cats. All my cats are neutered and spayed so I think it's just a social visit....... But a kid making any noise louder than breathing sends me over the edge.
Anonymous User
May 23, 2006
Barking dogs don't bother me, either. Our landladies, who live upstairs, have the most adorable pair of Bichons...such cute little fuzzdog brothers. They get excited and bark...especially when it's nice out and they get to run around in the back yard and chase each other around.

I actually think it's cute...and FAR less annoying the the high-pitched shrieking sprog noises around here.
Nour
May 23, 2006
I just had an incident yesterday during my lunch at work. I parked my car under this big beautiful tree and rolled down the windows and was enjoying a quick lunch and the radio. A tiny little girl (no older than three or four) walked up to my car, peered inside and kept saying "hi" and babbling to me. She was so small she had to back away from my car window so she could look at me. I told her firmly: "Where is your mommy or daddy? You need to find them." No adult in sight. Finally a dude came out from an apartment. I assumed he was the duh. I gave him an evil glare, but he barely glanced at me. WTF? She could have been hit by a car or whisked away by some purv. It's easy pickins these days 'cause of clueless parents.
May 23, 2006
Breeders are probaly hoping that someone will take their kid away.

lab mom
The Purple Penguin
May 23, 2006
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have NO patience whatsoever and I loathe noise
> of any kind. If it's not coming from an animal, I
> DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT.
>
> Kids making repetitive noises is even worse. They
> are are either 1. stupid/low IQ 2. just plain rude
> 3. bored to death or 4. trying to piss someone
> off. Any of the 4 warrants a good beating.

Me and my gran were in a Beall's outlet one day and a moomy and Sproglina came in. The following shopping trip went like this.

Me: Gran, I think I'll go over to the ladies' department.
Grandma: Alright.
Sproglina: Da da, da da, da da, da da, da da, da da, da da, da da, da da, da da, da da, da da, da da, da da, da da, da da, da da, da da, da da, da da, da da, da da, da da, da da, da da, da da!
Me: Oh God. *moves over one aisle*
Sproglina: DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA, DA DA!
Me: Please let me out...*goes and hides in the car*

Good lord. *wanted to smack Sproglina*
Lady War-Dog
May 24, 2006
Penguin, how old was Sproglina? I'll give some leeway to babies up to 2 years old (because they're still learning to talk and imitating the noises that adults make), but after that they should know better.

The thing that bugs me the most is that high-pitched SHRIEKING that kids do for no reason. The kids at my complex do this all the time, like they're being tortured or raped or something. And of course, their handlers do NOTHING, even when they're standing right next to the shrieker.

Would I be an evil bitch if I called the police and said in my best "concerned citizen" voice, "Officer, there's a bunch of little children screaming in the next building over, I fear that they are being abused! Could you please send someone over to check on them?" Do you think that would send a big enough message to their handlers? And if Officer Friendly comes over to my place and tries to get me for filing a false report, I can just say, "[concerned citizen voice] But Officer, I've never heard children scream like that! Why would a child scream like that unless they were hurt?"

Think I could pull it off?

--Lady War-Dog
May 24, 2006
well you are doing it for the best interests of the chwildryn wink..

what if they were being abused and the policeman ignored it and found out it was real.. so long as you term it in the best interests of the children, then there should be no problem.

if he says anything say to the policeman, could you look at yourself in the face if it was discovered that they really were being abused. and you did nothing about it.

hell i would phone them, i had been considering it when i was at the guest breeder house.. mine and fausts story is here, http://thecfcouple.proboards37.com/index.cgi?board=guestrant&action=display&thread=1146495982

but i had one day to put up with 3 kids screaming every 30 mins, (the boy beats up his sister and bites her, house owner is too nice for his own good she would be homeless..in her words) its my cf fiancee's dad thats moved in a breeder and her 3 brats . if i wasnt cf before dear god i am now..

it got to the stage of me actually wanting to phone cps, or the church run ones, they were abusing cats, and everyone, apart from me, am too scary and i dont want to touch creature like them (kids)

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
sprogless
May 24, 2006
Lady War Dog,
I had the same problem with this one breeder who lives behind me. He'd encourage his kids to be as loud as possible. Then, he'd call the cops on the neighbors who's dogs were barking at his kids screaming. My DH went out to talk to him one day, as the brats were going on three hours of this shit. Well, this asshole was a bully to boot, and my husband is small. Bully Duh threatened to kick his ass if he ever complained, again. Another neighbor heard it, and called him in. The cops were already sick of this idiot (we didn't know that at the time), and said that if they got one more call, they were going to arrest him for disturbing the peace. Not a peep, since. If you're going to call the cops, have a witness. They're not able to do much over one complaint, but if a few of you do it, then they consider the person a nuissance. Good Luck!
The Purple Penguin
May 24, 2006
@Lady War-Dog: Sproglina appeared to be around 5 or 6...damn idiot breeduh moomy HAD to bring her along...>_<

I also cannot stand Shrieking Sprogs(TM) in stores...
Lady War-Dog
May 25, 2006
PP: OK, that's WAY TOO OLD to be letting your kid do that crap. Sheesh!

An update on the Screaming Meemees in my complex:

When I came home last night, it was QUIET. No shrieking at all. I was so happy to be able to open the windows and read my book in peace. When War-Dog came home I found out why it was so quiet. War-Dog works a split shift, so he's home in the middle of the afternoon. Well, he told me that he saw some police officers going over to the apartment building where all the kids are. And my neighbors DO NOT like the police coming around, because I live in Southern California and my complex is very "ethnic Hispanic," shall we say *cough-illegalsliving20peopletoa2BRapartment-cough*. So it sounds like someone called the police for me! So now my other neighbors with screaming brats are laying low *cough-illegals-cough* and keeping them inside. Let's hope this trend continues!

--Lady War-Dog
/War-Dog is the grandson of legal Mexican immigrants and HATES illegals
//Pre-emptive strike on the "racist card" being pulled, but I don't think anyone on this board would do that winking smiley
Mrs. Ogre
July 20, 2006
Neighbours across the street gave a bicycle to their kid, but don't let him drive it on the street, sidewalk or in the park. So the kid stays on the second floor balcony with his bike and rings its tiny bell repetitively. Can't stand it! I wanted to yell knock it off or I'll give you poisoned candy at Halloween! It was driving me nuts. I thought I'd install a remote device that would ring their doorbell repetitively that I would action from my sofa! Does that even exist?
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.