Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1802 - plane crash in Kentucky

Posted by CheeseLouise 
CheeseLouise
1802 - plane crash in Kentucky
August 28, 2006
"The Kentucky plane crash is very, very tragic, indeed, BUT OF COURSE IT HAD TO BE MENTIONED THAT ONE MAN WAS ON HIS WAY HOME TO SEE HIS 2 YOUNG CHILDREN."

So, if the media are reaching like this, it must mean that there were no actual CHYLDRUN aboard the plane? Gotta make the next closest connection, I guess, which of course means passengers' *young chyldrun*, not spouses, parents, siblings, grown children, etc.

Truly sickening.
Re: 1802 - plane crash in Kentucky
August 28, 2006
It is as if a childfree person's life is not considered valuable in the event of a death. The workplace often is the same way. A person with a spouse and/or children are considered far more important when it comes to days off and leaving on time than a childfree and/or non-married person. I always hear someone say, "I do not know why she wants to leave on time/have the weekend off/not want to work the holidays...it is not as if she has anyone at home waiting for her"!!!!!!
August 28, 2006
this is on the uk news the times

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,170-2331777,00.html

Among those who died were a newlywed couple starting their honeymoon. Jon Hooker, a former minor-league baseball player, had married Scarlett Parlsey the night before in a ceremony with 300 guests. Keith Madison, the coach of Mr Hooker’s baseball team and a guest at the wedding, said: “It’s so tragic because he was so happy last night. It’s just an incredible turn of events.”

they dont mention the father seeing the kids..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
August 28, 2006
I guess, as a childfree person, I don't have parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents or cousins I'd want to see, becuase I don't have children and thusly must hate everyone.
I also guess that it wouldn't make any difference to them that the reason I do need time off, is so I don't go all postal on my esteemed colleagues because I don't have children at home to take my work-related frustrations out on like they do.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.