Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Everything for the KYDZ....grrrrrr!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Everything for the KYDZ....grrrrrr!
August 13, 2006
I tried to post this on the rant page, but the software seems to think it is spam. So I'm putting it here, because I need to rant.

Catdaddy and I went to a minor league ballgame today. Often the Annoying Sprog Factor at these games is high, but today it wasn't that bad at all. The weather was gorgeous, most of the sprogs in attendance were well-behaved, and our team won.

The rant is about the giveaway promotion they advertised for this coming Friday...bobble-head dolls of the team's mascot. I love bobble-heads and collect them, and I like the team mascot ones better than those that are supposed to be real people. Too many of them don't look like the players they are supposed to depict. But the mascots are cartoony-looking animals and they are cute.

I was all set to buy tickets for this game and show up early to snag me a Slugger the Eagle bobble-head, when they said that the giveaway was only for the first 1,000 kids entering the ballpark. Screw the ADULTS who pay for the tickets, and might want this collectible, too. And I cannot even BUY one of these if I wanted to...they are making them ONLY for the promotional giveaway, and because I am not a kid, or don't have kids, I don't get one.

I am so sick of this shit. If they are giving things away, it should be for the first 1,000 FANS, regardless of age.

Stupid sprogs will probably break the damned dolls within an hour of receiving them, anyway. Grrrrrr......
Tokio Fraulein
Re: Everything for the KYDZ....grrrrrr!
August 13, 2006
Ja! They shouldn't have EVERYTHING for the kids...I went to a football game (Soccer over there for you guys X3) and they were doing almost the same thing...One team was giving away promotional stuff...But ONLY for the stupid Kinder! "12 and younger, please!" That's what they told me...So horrible, the way everything is going to the ickle ones...Grr!

~Tokio Fraulein
Anonymous User
August 13, 2006
Hey Catmommy!

Know what you mean! I was at a Washington Nationals game today (they were playing the Mets) for my boyfriend's birthday (he's a Mets fan and collects baseball memorabilia) and I was going to get one of the bobble-bellied Screetch mascot for him, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Only the first however many kids got vouchers for them. GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
I've seen that here, too. I remember they were giving away Beanies at one game, but OF COURSE, only for the damned brats. Makes me sick. Just like CatMommy said, why don't they realise that ADULTS like some of these things, too? Not only kyyyyyyyyyyyyyyydz like toys. We would also apreciate them more, and not end up breaking them, or throwing them against a wall cos we're bored. Mr. T: I pitty tha fools to them.
CFScorpio
August 14, 2006
Catmommy, maybe you can bribe some kid into getting a bobblehead doll for you, and you can give the kid some money or a toy as an exhange.
August 14, 2006
Sprogpoppers expect e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g for their children. A few weeks ago, the pool by my unit was closed until the water could be treated by the pool company. This one grandmoo across the way from me complained about how this was so awful because 'da chill-druhn (her exact way of saying it) were "going crazy". Yeah, the grandbreeder's younger daughter leaves Dante, her out-of-wedlock sprog, at there most of the time.

There was no pity on my part because this complex has THREE swimming pools. Grandmamalita could have walked her lard butt across the parking lot to the other pool. That would not have been that difficult...I don't think! But...this entitlement-minded nitwit felt that the pool in our block of apartments should have been left open despite the health risk so her grandbrat was not going "crazy". Give the little @ssh*le a book to read...or, better yet, send the little creep to Iraq or Afghanistan where children are truly suffering.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.