Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1803 - Family flex time

Posted by Cambion 
1803 - Family flex time
August 28, 2006
Don't parents cop out of work as much as possible for their kiddums these days anyway? I just know the breeders will be abusing this and taking off a week if Junior sneezes or scratches his head.

Why is it that we have to change to accomodate breeders, and not the other way around? I mean they chose to have kids, just like someone could choose to get a tattoo or a piercing. Why cater to these people for their mistakes? Grrness.
Re: 1803 - Family flex time
August 28, 2006
I used to keep quiet about my schedule being jacked around due to the moos and their need for "flex time" for those sprogs. I finally realised the value of my security license and experience. That led me to be firm about the schedule I wanted lest I go to another security company. I had two pending offers at the time. I no longer play around with my schedule because I more than paid my dues by working asinine overtime, schedule being changed on a whim while I quietly took it, and working all of the holidays while certain people got everything they wanted. They may not like me at work...but they respect me!
sprogless
August 28, 2006
Haven't we all been bending over backwards for the breeders long enough? If they're so damned concerned about their families, then why don't they just quit, and leave the jobs for the people who actually show up and work? All the moos do is waste time when they do manage to make it in, anyway.
August 29, 2006
Good for you india! I'm sick and tired of it too, pahrunts wanting to dictate their schedule, and thusly, everyone elses. As if their time is anymore valuable than ours.
CF VTer
August 29, 2006
That's fine as long as people without kids get the same benefits.

wink wink

August 29, 2006
Thank-you, KFLL. It IS a nice feeling having a good schedule for a change. BossMan called me to work today. I just called back and told him that my days off are full. A moo in my field can never be relied on to come in on her day(s) off. I am very glad I learned to how to stand up for myself.
CF Uter
August 29, 2006
How can you have a "right" to PT if your company doesn't even offer it? Since so many people breed, how are companies suppose to have so many PT people on the payroll, benefits, etc., and get the same amount of work product done at the same profit, if any? How about serial breeders, do they get to work for decades w/ all these "perks"? What only the young newbies w/o kyds and senior citizens are gonna work FT now? Doesn't the government find this insane?

I'm lost here, did modern parunts invent reproduction and now we have to change every aspect of life as we know it? How did we survive this many decades without all these paruntal "rights"?

Fuck, I don't live in the UK, but these "rights" better be fair to everyone.
Anonymous User
August 29, 2006
My DH works this really crappy job right now. At this point, it's just a job but we need the benefits. The company is really anal and their company policies suck.

DH needed to make an appointment to see the dentist for a check up. He tried to get an afternoon appt, to avoid taking time off, but nothing was available until February. So he took a saturday morning appt.

Last week, his supervisor tells everyone that since they are getting labor day monday off, there may be mandatory overtime that saturday (the day he made the appt. for). DH explained this to his supervisor but of course, he just said "Oh well". I told DH to watch and see how many pahrunts use the kid as an excuse to not show up.
August 29, 2006
When I did security at another site last year, a pharmaceutical call center, there was mandatory overtime when the system crashed during the week and orders had to be filled. Many of the moos used their kids as an excuse not to come in. Same during Hurricane Wilma when schools were closed. Other than a ton or rain and wind, we were okay in Central Florida. It was the Boca Raton area that got hit.

The company got wise to moos' excuses and hired daycare people. A conference room was turned into a nursery along with kiddie foods, toys, and games. However, many moos still used their crying babies and children as an excuse to not come to work because "skewel" was closed. I bet the childfree-by-choice call center employees would have been fired if they cited fear of what would happen at home or pets as reasons to not come in last October when Wilma hit.
Anonymous User
August 29, 2006
India_darshan,
My DH works for a pharmaceutical mail order place. Would you mind spilling the name of the place you USED to work for? If it is the same place, they really need to get on the stick for DH's location. They don't know their ass from their elbow. I'd love to find an email addrss for some head honchos, but their website is nothing but soft focus pics and useless information.
August 29, 2006
The new boss at the site I work is going to get a rude awakening. His wifey is due for the drive to the delivery room in a few weeks. At the site I used to work with this guy as the site supervisor, he loved to go out of town and felt that the guards had to "deal with it" in the event of call-outs and such. I allowed myself to be used as the acting supervisor when he went on business trips...but I got no extra pay.

Well...reality is now going to hit. I no longer work overtime because I do not need the money; I work four days a week -- Wednesday through Saturday, and if...a big IF...I work a double shift in the event of an emergency, I sure as h*ll am not coming in the next day. My days of being taken advantage of are over! I finally realised the value of my security license and my experience. I do not need that job since I can find one anywhere!

This man is going to learn that he *WILL* have to work if a shift is open and he cannot find anyone to fill it. This is one of the security company's biggest accounts. That post BETTER be filled...and HE is the one who will have to sit at work regardless of wanting to go home to Wifey & Baybee. If working double shifts and on days off was good for my ex-boss, who has a disabled wife, it will be good enough for this one.
Matush
August 29, 2006
I just don't get the importance of spending every waking moment with the kids. Both of my parents worked (and still work), never once watched all of my soccer/field hockey/tennis matches (only arriving just in time for the end and to take me home). When I was sick, they saw no need to stay home with me and just stuck me with the housekeeper/nanny (then again, they're doctors and knew I wasn't going to die because of the flu). I hold absolutely no resentment against them. I talk to them all the time and visit them during holidays. As far as I can tell, I'm still alive . And I have a good job so I think I turned out alright.
Nour
August 29, 2006
***I just don't get the importance of spending every waking moment with the kids.***

Bloody a-men to that. Great way to put it, Matush! Love, love, love your post.

Both my parents worked. But often times my mom worked swing shifts cooking at a truck stop restaurant. I would go to school with my parents still in bed. Then I would do homework, hang out with my best friend Mary after school and be in bed sometimes before my mom got home from work late. So there were whole days I never saw my mother! It didn't scar me for life.
August 29, 2006
While in between jobs, I worked in a convenience store for a very short time in 2004. The main swing shift cashier was getting grief from her live-in boyfriend - the father of her two small sprogs - of how the little boy was not doing well at home. The excuse was that the kid was acting out because he did not get to see his moo all of the time. Of course, the young man used this as an excuse to stay out all night. I am sure the guy wanted to get laid by another woman and put it all on his working girlfriend claiming she was not home at night.

Daddios love to make the women feel guilty. Of course, this man was probably angry that he had to do the c*nt work of childcare while his girlfriend worked. This jack@ss should have been happy that the lady wanted to work rather than just sit her @ss at home like most women once they breed. My mother worked nights in the restaurant business as long as I can remember. I saw her two days a week until I was old enough to stay alone. I stayed down the street at another lady's house. Like Nour, I did not have lifelong scars due to not seeing my mom that often from ages 5-12.
August 30, 2006
Just another excuse I say...

lab mom
August 30, 2006
having your kid attached to you 24/7 by the umbillical cord is not healthy for anyone.

Kids need to learn how to deal with things and people without mommy being around to navigate and control everything.

Fucking pahrunts think their kids will spontaneously combust or something if they aren't RIGHT THERE to monitor the kid's every move and every interaction someone has with him to make sure he doesn't get hurt or have his "self-esteem" squashed by some horrible person that may not give him what he wants. UNCLENCH BREEDER PAHRUNTS!!!!!!!!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.