Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Did anyone see Supernanny last night?

Posted by CF Uter 
CF Uter
Did anyone see Supernanny last night?
August 29, 2006
It is so hard not to watch the trainwrecks. And, it gets me so riled up. But last night's famblee seemed the worse, but that too is certainly hard to say. They all are the worse.

Do you realize that there are so many breeders who live like this? At the total command of their brats' antics? 24/7? And sit there and get hit by their toddlers and DO NOTHING AT ALL?

I guess if you raise them right from the womb, you might have a slightly easier time, but I swear, as much as I wouldn't want to be violent and teach violence, I think I would just spank the kyds and make them go to bed w/o supper, etc. As old-fashioned as that sounds, I swear these parunts took hours to get their brats to finally behave and that was with the help of the Nanny. Fuck that. Swat their bottoms, send them to bed, and take away their toys and priviledges and follow thru, don't give in and be done with it.

I can't believe anyone has more kyds knowing how they act.

I think I'm gonna throw up just thinking about it. Seriously.
Re: Did anyone see Supernanny last night?
August 29, 2006
I don't like shows or movies that feature children in any way. I avoid them like the plague as I can not stand how children "act" for the camera. Ugh, I hate the faces they make and their stupid shrieky baby-voices.

However, if you have any fondness for the films of Wes Anderson, I can strongly recommend the movie "Little Miss Sunshine", the children are actually decent actors, and not very annoying at all. Of course Steve Carell and Alan Alda are wonderful. It's a darkly comic, and thought provoking movie that also happens to be quite entertaining. The totally creepy child beauty contest is worth the price of admission alone. Sorry, that kind of got off topic.
No that is great. The radio guys gave it a good review and my friend saw it and said she was willing to see it again b/c it was so good. I 'm going to go see it next week, but I didn't even know what it was about, but if you say it is good and the kyds aren't annoying, that makes me look forward to it all the more.

I hate kyd programs too, but sometimes I just cant. look. away.

Then, I kick myself for missing a good show and getting myself upset over the ugly sproggen. But, at least, I can be happy that THAT won't ever be me on the TV.

God, the brats were fugly last night. I would have aborted them as soon as they came out of the womb...if that is possible. hehe.
Anonymous User
August 29, 2006
I watched that Nanny 911 show where the lawyers' (mom and hubbie were both attys) five kids actually stole the tip from the restaurant table. I hope the production crew gave the server his/her due, especially after dealing with those hellspawn.

I swore off the family reality shows after the famous Trading Spouses with Marguerite Perrin episode. I was scarred for life.
August 29, 2006
I cannot watch that show at all. The only time I have seen it was for maybe five minutes back in early 2005 when I got home from work. My husband was talking to a neighbour and had the channel on. Three minutes of the brats catewauling and the "helpless" moo made my blood start to boil so I changed the channel.
Anonymous User
August 29, 2006
Feh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>I can strongly recommend the movie
> "Little Miss Sunshine"It's a darkly comic, and thought provoking movie that also happens to be quite entertaining. The
> totally creepy child beauty contest is worth the
> price of admission alone. Sorry, that kind of got
> off topic.
>
Thanks, Feh- I've been wondering about that one. I don't mind a kid in a movie if it's a dark comedy, well acted and thought-provoking. I also don't mind creepy, scary kids in movies. I just loathe when the kid is there to be cute-what I call "Disney" kids. Or the "add-a-baybee" when sitcoms get stale.

Anonymous User
August 29, 2006
NotQuiteSure Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I swore off the family reality shows after the
> famous Trading Spouses with Marguerite Perrin
> episode. I was scarred for life.

The one that did it for me was the Nanny 911 where the entire famblee of 5 slept in the parunt's bed each night. That level of train-wreckery for me.

or how about the Wife Swap episode on ABC in which a huge jass famblee had a decent house but the dumb redneck moo and duh had them all living in an RV!? The moo was basically a slave to the famblee and she loved it. PUKE.
Marguerite Perrin: the "god-warrior" right? Oh gawd.
August 29, 2006
"I hate kyd programs too, but sometimes I just cant. look. away. "

Yeah, the one that always "traps" me is "My Super 16" or something like that, about uber-rich kids and their hugeass 16th birthday celebrations. GAH!! If I come across it, I have to watch because it's such a baffling train wreck. How on earth do these parents have the accumen to make millions when they can't even control their children? Will these kids even be able to live on their own when they have no concept of consequences? Is MTV airing it because they think all 16 year olds should aspire to have 300,000 dollar 16th birthday parties? Do the teens who watch it mock these kids, or want to be them? It's so oddly out of line with real life that I can't help myself.
Anonymous User
August 29, 2006
Feh,
It's Paris Hilton syndrome...
If I had Rick and Cathy's money, you had better believe my kids would be speaking 5 languages by the time they were 18.

If Bridezillas wasn't a train wreck enough, they now have this show called "Platinum Weddings". I bet most of the people married on these shows end up divorced in less than four years.
Speaking of bridezillas, I used to got to this site http://www.goingbridal.com/confess/confess.shtml when needing to vent when I was planning my wedding. I remember one of the girls talking about her in-laws bingoing her and she said "I can remember to take a pill every day, give me some credit for that".

If you're interested in other trainwreck stories involving all kinds of anoying people, there's a special section on sprogs and their handlers on:
http://www.etiquettehell.com/content/eh_everyday/rugrats/edhrugrats.shtml

I read many of the stories and thanked Goddess that it wasn't going to be me.

Enjoy!
August 30, 2006
Geez, there is more to a marriage than going off the wall about some wedding!

lab mom
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.