Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SO's who ROCK!

Posted by Feh 
SO's who ROCK!
September 28, 2006
I just have to relay this story about my S.O.. I figured here was better than the front page of the board.

Anyway, last night they we were watching some medical mistakes horror show and one of the mistakes involved a woman having to get surgery on her cooter before she could have children for some reason. The surgery went horribly awry and it turned out she needed not only to get more surgery to correct the mistake, but also engage in IVF so she could get pregnant. I started on a rant at how much IVF, fertility treatments and pregnancy faciltating surgerys were a waste of resources when there were so many kids in the world who could really benefit from being adopted into a loving family. SO mentioned that one of his coirkers was going through fertility treatments with his wife at the fertility clinic here around the same time that the University was trying to shut the clinic down for a variety of staffing reasons. The coworker was trying to get people to sign a petition to keep the clinic open and S.O. said point blank, "I can not sign that petition". The coirker was taken aback and said "why not?" SO went on to explain that there were plenty of children all over the world who would want a good home, like the coirkers, and child wanting folks' money would be better spent adopting and caring for those children than pursuing iffy fertility procedures. Coirker gave some lame excuse about how he wants a kid that's "totally his" of his DNA. SO just looked at him and said "I'm adopted, and I am totally my parent's kid" and walked away.
angel with halo

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Re: SO's who ROCK!
September 28, 2006
AWESOME! And an IN-YOUR-FACE message as well.

Of his own DNA? WTF??? What makes him think his DNA is so special that it is worthy of producing another loaf to consume earth's resources? Where do these fucking people get off with this shit?

Pahrunts and wanna-be breeders have GOT to be the most selfish fuckers on this planet.

I heard today at lunch from my new co-irker (a Jesus fanatic, nonetheless), how people should have kids because it teaches them to grow up. I set him straight.

Shit, if you need to hatch a loaf to teach you how to grow up, you're a pathetic asshole.
September 28, 2006
Those who have a loaf thinking it'll grow them up aren't very mature.

lab mom
Anonymous User
September 28, 2006
Feh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just have to relay this story about my S.O.. I
> figured here was better than the front page of the
> board.
>
> Anyway, last night they we were watching some
> medical mistakes horror show and one of the
> mistakes involved a woman having to get surgery on
> her cooter before she could have children for some
> reason.

So this explains sayings I heard like "Box Broke!" or my favorite, "Welcome To Dry Gulch".
September 29, 2006
but it isnt his dna its half, so it could never be totally his dna..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login