Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1929 potty-training 5-year-old

Posted by CFScorpio 
CFScorpio
1929 potty-training 5-year-old
October 17, 2006
I had to laugh at the idiot clerk in the store with the letters. I know it's got nothing to do with the rant, but it was freaking hilarious.
BillyC
Re: 1929 potty-training 5-year-old
October 17, 2006
My drunken bitch of a mother potty trained me by sitting me on the toilet and yelling "You Shit Here! Not in your pants!" Maybe it sounded cruel, but damned if it didn't work quickly!
October 18, 2006
whats happening to kids, kids of 5 or 4 not being potty trained, kids aged 4 in nappies, dear god i was trained early, accidents do happen on occasion, but it seems like parents are trying to keep the kids as babies for longer

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
CF Uter
October 18, 2006
My nephew wasn't potty trained until he was 5 1/2 or 6 and it was one week before school started. The Kindergarten wouldn't take him if he wasn't so somehow my Moo-brained SIL finally got him to do it.

It didn't surprise me as SIL is sorta kinda a poser and kinda a failure at every thing she does. I know other people in the family would disagree but she just floats along, "does her best" and moves on from there.

Breeders in general have an anything goes attitude with regard what they teach their kyds, and it is just not important to them to do anything right. And, no one wants to be a mean moomie and actually tell their kids what to do. That is why so many brats are in nappies.
CFScorpio
October 18, 2006
CF Uter, I hear similar stories from parents I know. Funny how for 5 years it's so haaard to potty-train the kid, but then when there's a motivator like getting into school, the kid is potty-trained in a couple weeks!

My SIL and BIL just went through that with their 5-year-old and 3-year-old. The both got potty-trained at the same time, so they could go to a choice school.

I remember several years ago, an old boyfriend of mine had a 5-year-old nephew who wasn't potty-trained. When they finally got him potty-trained, it only took 1 week! Why? Because (a) the other kids at school made fun of him, and (b) my BF told him that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles did'nt wear diapers, so neither should he!

I am really wondering about these stupid, clueless, lazy parents who can't be bothered to potty-train their kids. Is potty-training that much harder than changing diapers?
October 19, 2006
I would say it's just laziness. Why would a breeder want to put any effort into raising their child? I mean, the television can't potty-train them like it babysits them, so that means Moomie would need to step in and be a parent. You may as well ask some of these breeders to pull out their own teeth if you ask them to train their kids out of diapers.

I just can't imagine who would want to wait to get the kid out of the shitrags and onto the toilet - a roll of toilet paper costs a lot less than a sack of diapers. But I guess since breeders just love excrement and want their little angels to be babies forever, they'll shell out for the overpriced nappies to clog up the landfills.
Anonymous User
October 19, 2006
I feel bad for any kid that has to sit in his own filth because his breeders were too lazy to teach him to use the toilet. There's no excuse for that.
Sherz
October 22, 2006
I had a student who was 8 and not potty trained! He was not mentally impaired at all, but he wore his pull-up to school each day. His mother saw no reason for concern when she told me about it. She laughed and said, "I'm sure he'll be wearing big boy pants by college!" I would have felt somewhat sorry for his plight had he not been such a little asshole in the behavior department. He was very bossy with the other children, and loved to attempt to correct everyone, including me. I often had to discipline the other children for calling him "Patrick Pull-up." He treated the other children so poorly that I secretly didn't blame them.
Anonymous User
November 01, 2006
That's absolutely ridiculous. I guess we should be glad that they keep the diapers on instead of letting them pee free everywhere because toilets and diapers are stifling their children's creativity.
Anonymous User
November 01, 2006
A lot of it, I think, is those people who are like "they're not ready, I don't want to force them!" I seem to remember an episode of "Grace Under Fire" that was about that. Dude, I'm sure the kid would stay in diapers forever and not have to learn to wipe their own ass if they had a choice, but you HAVE to force them. I think most daycares won't even let them out of the "baby room" (or maybe it's the "toddler room") if they're not potty-trained...
Random CFChick
November 02, 2006
I realize there are some kids who genuinely can't potty-train on time (autistic kids, for example). Sometimes there are neurological issues as well, and the nerves just aren't communicating what's going on in the bowels. Sometimes kids who've been abused have toilet-training regressions.

HOWEVER...what was going on with that five-year-old was just ridiculous! He completely knows what he's doing. I'm glad the school refused to take him...there's no reason why an average kid (no developmental delays, disabilities, etc) can't be toilet trained by kindergarten! And yeah, other kids will notice, and yeah, they'll say something. Even if they aren't outright mean, they'll show their shock and dismay.

My nephew was similar...DH and I were aghast that he was four years old and not potty-trained. I think it was a similar situation...the school said that he must be able to do such-and-such to enroll...and suddenly his mom got him trained. Now if she could manage to get him to eat more than four foods.
DrDanCorelli
November 02, 2006
I do not personally know one reputable and reasonable pediatrician who will tell a parent that assertive potty training is bad for the brat. There are a bunch of pediatricians out there who truly advocate wholly permissive parenting, but the majority do not. Unfortunately, in the media you will hear a pile of horseshit about some recent study or another advocating lax parenting, but if you really dig into those studies you will find that they reach their conclusions based not on objective research but on personal biases and emotion. That is the worst sin that a researcher can commit, and dooms the study to the shitpile. Bottom line in those types of studies: garbage in/garbage out (GIGO).

One medical school friend of mine tells parents that he finds it difficult to believe their brat is as smart as they brag when it can't use a toilet. He said it shocks the shit out of breeders to hear that, but he is paid to tell the truth as he sees it and will not embellish to protect their egos or their brat's self-esteem. No wonder he is one of my best friends from the old days!
CFScorpio
November 02, 2006
DrDanCorelli Wrote:

> One medical school friend of mine tells parents
> that he finds it difficult to believe their brat
> is as smart as they brag when it can't use a
> toilet. He said it shocks the shit out of
> breeders to hear that,

ROFLMAO! Oh, to be a fly on the wall during that conversation!
CF Uter
November 02, 2006
the thing is that with breeder mentality, it doesn't matter what the doctor says about discipline, etc, b/c breeders will always say, "I'm not letting a doctor raise my kid" just like they say when there are good parenting books, or shows on TV, etc.

some how you get knocked up, take on a task that you never did before, but somehow only the parent his/herself knows how to raise his/ her kid and is a know-it-all about it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login