Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Here's something hilarious written by a cf woman

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Here's something hilarious written by a cf woman
December 21, 2006

Have you ever stood in a line at a department store loudly talking to your toddler just hoping and praying someone would compliment his cuteness? If so, I hate you and I hope you die.

This happened to me just last night. I was standing in line, minding my own business, attempting to buy a DVD. The woman ahead of me was talking to her son, who looked around 1ish. Every few minutes, she would shoot me an expected look, as if to say, “Here’s your cue. Feel free to jump in and coo at him at any time…” The more I ignored her, the more animated her one sided conversation got. Finally, the little brat blew a spit bubble and she exclaimed, “Oh! Isn’t that so cute!” Then she looked me directly in the eye, paused, and when I still didn’t acknowledge her, she gave me one hell of a stink eye.

I had to fight the urge to say, “And he seems so smart, too, for a Downs baby!”

If you want a compliment, I can give a fucking compliment.

“If not for that thing with his eyes, he could almost pass for normal! You must be so proud!”

YOUR KIDS AREN’T CUTE PEOPLE! QUIT EXPECTING THE WHOLE WORLD TO FALL ALL OVER THEM!
LOL! That Down's baby line just cracked me up!
Re: Here's something hilarious written by a cf woman
December 21, 2006
I experience this as well. I ignore them and they hate it. What's so cute about a shit loaf doing something any one-celled organism can do?
December 22, 2006
Wow, the entire blog is pretty hilarious!
Thanks!
The thing is those women are conditioned by other women who DO coo over their kids. They coo all the time, it makes me crazy. Geeze, have you ever seen them bring the new baby to work. The women gather round, not do their work and ohhh and ahh for a freaking hour. I try to go by pick something nice to say and move on. "Wow, thats a full head of hair on him", I've been known to say.

It's good when the other women are there to do the cooing for you, but if they are not then you get that reaction. I was trapped in an elevator in a medical building once and I had a shirt on with Minnie Mouse on it. And after I didn't take the bait she tryed to pull me in with a "Look at Micky Mouse, isn't that cuuuuute." I told her dryly it was Minnie, not Micky and stepped off at the next floor.

I'll keep the downs comment in mind for next time tho.
Very funny stuff! Her blog reminds me of Maddox. I'll have to remember the Downs baby line.
I hate that shit, too. When I observe a moo starting to do that loud-talking goo-goo, ga-ga shit to their loaf or toddler, I just turn away and ig 'em.

I honestly believe that many women with one child or more assume that every other woman must have kids or that, simply because she shares the same reproductive organs, they can "relate" or that women must have some automatic mootherly tendencies that make them want to also swoon over lil' Katyelyn or Snotleigh. NOT! I especially hate it while waiting in line. GRRRR.....

Aside from that, I dig the blog and will add it to my favorites! smiling smiley
January 02, 2007
Oh come on...I totally LOVE it when some total random stranger essentially thrusts a child (I assume it's theirs) in my face and screams "TELL ME IT'S CUTE! NOW!" Generally I complement it on being covered in skin, or having all of it's digits and limbs, "What a fine skull the child has, it is very effective in maintaining the shape of it's head."
This hits home so much! My town seems to have put something in the water about 5 years ago and has been literally crawling with babies every since - it's sickening (literally~!) I feel I can barely go out in public as their spit and germs are everywhere. ICK. Then they have the audacity to think I want to be involved with their obnoxious need for public approval of their usually snot nosed smelly babies? I never choose a checkout line with a baby in front of me for that reason and it's a real inconvenience too. My DH and I find ourselves continually turning heel and going in the opposite direction to get away from the mobile infections. We have a code "viral alert" whenever either of us sees one heading our way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login