Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2176 Brats as Neighbors

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
2176 Brats as Neighbors
February 16, 2007
Oh, but the breeders are entitled to make all the noise they want, don't you know that? They are doing TMIJITW and everyone else is just going to have to deal.

But seriously, that sucks. I'd wring who's ever neck it was that said the guy lives there alone. Who in their right mind would live under someone with kids? There's got to be some legal way he can get out of the contract without penalty - ESPECIALLY since he was lied to. In any case, I'd call the cops every time they made any sort of racket. In the meantime, I'd be concocting my own form of revenge.
Re: 2176 Brats as Neighbors
February 16, 2007
for a moment i wondered where South Hampton was.. i thought.. where was that.

anyway, guest get your friend to contact citizens advice bureau, they will have a list of solicitors that deal with housing law, and some will do a free clinic.

theres environmental health officers local council offices, they may help if theres constant noise.

http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/bureau_detail.html?serialnumber=100914 heres a site to help hope this helps guest.

Southampton Citizens Advice Bureau
3 Kings Park Road
SOUTHAMPTON
Hampshire
SO15 2AT

Telephone:
023 8022 1406

this one is specifically about housing

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/family_parent/housing.htm

Tenancy ended by tenant

You generally have to give the same amount of notice as your landlord to end the tenancy agreement.

If you want to end a fixed term agreement before it is due to expire, you can only do so with the permission of your landlord or if there is a term in the agreement that allows for this. Otherwise you may end up liable for the rent for the remainder of the time covered by the fixed term agreement.

If you want to end a fixed term agreement early, you should consult an experienced adviser, for example, at a Citizens Advice Bureau. To search for details of your nearest CAB, including those that can give advice by email, click on nearest CAB.(http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/index/getadvice) If you have given notice to your landlord and then change your mind and want to stay on, the help of an experienced adviser must also be sought, as there are different rules on this for different kinds of tenancy

Overcrowding

A home is overcrowded if:-

there are more than the ‘permitted number’ of people living there (the ‘permitted number’ will depend on the size of the accommodation); or
two or more people of the opposite sex aged ten or over, who are not living together as husband and wife, have to sleep in the same room. The local authority can, in certain circumstances, prosecute both the landlord and the occupier of an overcrowded dwelling

(my brother used to be a council housing advisor many years ago, and the rules have changed slightly but he told me this is the best way)

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
February 16, 2007
Mercurior, thank you so much for the very helpful information. I forwarded to my friend.
February 17, 2007
not a problem guest,

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login