Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tis' the Season

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Tis' the Season
August 31, 2006
KFLV, If you didn't start this one, I would have!

My drive to work has again become a suicidal deathride of Moovans, teens & school buses. Not only that-I am also on a detoured route with twice the traffic anyway. So it's an hour drive that should be a half hour. My stress level hasn't had time to adjust yet so I've been very frazzled to the point where I want to growl & break things. When I get to work, I'm so tense & can't focus for an hour.

I just DON'T understand why so many moos need to drive their kyds to school in areas where school buses/stops are aplenty and many schools are usually within a few blocks walking distance. DH told me that sometimes parunts have to pay for school bus service, but I can't believe it could be more than an effing tank of gas every week!

Attention lurking Moos...WHAT'S THE FUCKING DEAL? Shell out for the goddamn school buses and GET OFF THE ROAD! Or walk your kid to school b/c most of your fatasses NEED THE EXCERCISE ANYWAY!

Uhhh...I feel slightly better.
CFScorpio
Re: Tis' the Season
August 31, 2006
Now that school is back in session, my morning commute is 15 minutes longer. I hate Moovans and SUVs!
August 31, 2006
The moos that have to drive their kid to school despite having free buses chaps my ass to no end.

A friend here at work with a 12 year old daughter (she's a PNcool smiley said "I have to drive her and pick her up from school, I don't want her walking to school or home, it's nearly a mile."

Can you imagine? I think she's done a GREAT job of parenting her daughter, she's their only child, but I think this is one time she's a little over the top. But that's just me.................
Anonymous User
August 31, 2006
A freaking mile??? She makes it sound like it's 10 miles crossing a scorching desert or through an urban jungle dodging bullets.

I think she's WAY over the top on that one, KFLL.

I think no matter how much of a PNB one is, there is still this mistrust & paranoia about kids being snatched left & right. It happened just as much in the 70's when I was growing up, but it just got less media attention. Besides, most creeps are family friends or relatives anyway.

I also worked with a PNB who drove her 12 year old son around on his neighborhood paper route instead of letting him bike it because, as she put it: "You never know". Uhhh...I don't know where these kids are going to learn autonomy after being coddled thru college.

The world is actually a safer place than it's ever been in history but stupid people can't see beyond what's fed them in the media.
September 01, 2006
OH THE PAPER ROUTE!!!!! Laugh my ass off on that one. Our paper comes at 6:30 am. When the new carrier was brought in, he sent little cards around telling his name and bla bla bla. He was about 12 or so.

Well, guess who I saw every single time the paper was delivered to the house? MOOOOOOMY driving in the car ALONE delivering his papers. This kid has 2 streets in my neighborhood and that's it. It would take no time at all to deliver them himself. His sister has the route now and it's the same deal.

NO TIP FOR YOU PAPERBOY!!!!!
Anonymous User
September 01, 2006
What lazy-ass kids.
sprogless
September 01, 2006
The only reason I can think of for moomy to drive the kids a block or so to school is if the neighborhood is full of pedophiles, or the kid has a broken leg. My neighborhood is crawling with sickos, and the bus stop is right in front of a motel that rents weekly rooms to Megan's Law alumni.
Otherwise, let the little bastards walk.
Anonymous User
September 05, 2006
My three siblings all did an early morning paper route. For a while, my mom drove them, as it was a large route, and there was a scuffle involving the two local newspapers (they split when Cap Cities bought the one and kicked out all the unionized employees who then formed a new newspaper, so we dealt with a lot of vandalism and threats from the other paper).

But my mom also would use their paper route money to pay bills when things were tight, and would always pay them back with interest when my dad got paid.

My biggest beef is the parents who sell stuff for their kid's school/sport/scouts.... I especially loathe the people selling girl scout cookies for their kids, but I've already ranted on this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login