Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2244 Homework Banned

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
2244 Homework Banned
March 28, 2007
Are you serious? I missed this interesting tidbit. What an interesting concept. Let's ban homework so the kids have more time to fuck around in the evenings. Nevermind learning and applying what you managed to stay awake for in the classroom.

And what about college? Do these fuck-wad pahrunts even realize how much homework their darling precious will have then? Talk about homework cutting into personal time! Maybe the pahrunts can get homework banned in colleges, too, so their kids have more time to pledge fraternities, sororities, and drink. After all, if they can't do that, it would severely hinder their socialization, their individuation, not to mention the peer to peer interface.

I have homework just about every day on my job. I have to take away knowledge from meetings and walk-throughs and go back and apply it to my job. At night I sometimes have to take the system requirements and documentation home to read in order to be able to do my job. If kids get conditioned now that they won't have to do any knowledge application on their own, how will they survive in the real world? I weep for the future.
Re: 2244 Homework Banned
March 28, 2007
Back in the Day, Granddad complained that I did not have enough homework in high school. I was a total fuck-off, who believed I was "stupid" because of messages I got from awful people as a kid, by the time I hit the community college. I did not know how to study so I flunked out after going off and on until I was 21. Most young adults really do not know how to study or how to work on a job because of not knowing how to manage their time.

I was lucky where I was different on the job as I left home at age 17 and HAD to work. I've always been a hard worker regardless of hating a job or not making much $$$ at one.

Today's Young Worker expects the workplace to be an extension of high school. I had a teen co-worker who said her friend's boyfriend's job at a Steak 'n Shake looked so fun as the cooks had food fights. Great...the company pays for teen workers to waste food while people in our own country and worldwide are starving! I would think Little Miss Fashion Plate would have liked her receptionist job where she could wear her mini-skirts and little tank tops. I could not see her in "food fights".

I was fortunate to be able to have taken a few courses in later adulthood at the community college. Believe me, I knew how to study then and got straight A's. I did homework while working full-time. Talk about a "not-so-easy" time of it while banging away at the typewriter to get a term paper done late at night knowing I had to be at work 9 hours later! Many jobs, such as the technical world, do require their people to be on call 24/7 which in a sense is like "homework".

Just as the ranter stated, these young people are not going to know how to function in the workplace. Yet, most jobs are 'dumbing' down the requirements and training classes as HR knows nothing more can really be expected. BUT...that results in HUGE turnover which costs the company big time! Companies are still desperate and offer sign-on bonuses if the applicant stays for a certain amount of time.
CF Uter
March 28, 2007
I just don't understand why today's breeders think that life is just one big Kodak Moment.hitting over the head with a hammer

WTF is family time really? Back in the day, we walked to school w/o our parent's watchful eye, went to school till 3pm, no one's parents came to lunch like some of these breeduh bitches do, maybe had detention, maybe did a sport or scouts, or just walked home with our friends, did homework BY OURSELVES, no help, played or goofed off till dinner, maybe did some chores, played or watched TV and went to bed when our parents made us. That was M-F. On weekends, did chores and/or hung out with our friends. Special occasions there was more family time. I was an only child, but my friends played board games etc., with their siblings, not their parents. But isn't family time what is going on during the daily activities?winking smiley I remember when parents made homework-school first priority. But today their counter-parts are really breeduhs, not parents.

Family time, like life, is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans, right?

Why do modern breeders do everything over the top and a big production these days? My breeder friends/family can't do anythign because they are always with their brats, 24-7.:kill
March 28, 2007
Today's paper had an article of a nearby mall in another town banning sprogs under 16 without an adult after 6pm. Of course, the teen assholes are whining up a storm. Some merchants are bitching as well such as the people who run arcade stores and the food court eateries. Other merchants are glad that these little shits will not be in the mall in the evening. Often, these teens are loud and obnoxious which does drive off mature shoppers who will spend their money elsewhere with less hassle. They obviously do not spend much money...except at the arcade or eating crap from the food court junky places. Even in the "juniors" clothing shops, it is the adults who pay for Teen Girl's clothing. Shouldn't these overgrown brats be at home doing homework and preparing for their school days? When teens go into those stores, they usually mess up the place by "browsing" knowing they will not buy or steal. Teen boys are intimidating as they crowd store doorways and yell in the mall or parking lot. I guess that is why homework is banned...so dumb asses can troll the streets. Is that "family time"???
CFBitchfromLA
March 29, 2007
I just do not fucking get the no-homework thing. The Ritalinized little twat turds are already illiterate.

If practice makes perfect, these brats have stupid down to an art form.
Matush
March 30, 2007
I can imagine these kids 20 years from now:

No sir, I cannot stay an extra 30 minutes to proof read this report. I don't care if it's due today. I have to spend time with my famblee.
Matush
March 30, 2007
Here's an old article

http://www.time.com/time/2003/kids/homework.html

3 hours of homework A WEEK, awwww, poor baby. In 6th grade, I was doing 3 hours of homework A DAY. Not to mention that by 14, I was already pulling all nighters for certain subjects.
CF Uter
March 30, 2007
Isn't it ironic that breeduhs *have* to move to the latest trendy 'burb to get close to the "best" schools, blah blah blah, and want their brats to take every language, activity, instrument, and get into Harvard someday, but then they are surprised that the kids actually have homework?Mr. T: I pitty tha fools

If I actually did all my homework the right way, I'm sure I had a bunch of hours to do too, in the 70's and 80's. Some how, I threw it together and got decent grades, and I didn't go to any easy school either.grinning smiley I mean, we always had an hour of math easily, probably more, then some reading, that had to be at least an hour, plus whatever other subjects you had, spelling, social studies projects and reading, science assignments, research projects, book reports, this all had to take several hours here and there throughout the week every night, right?shrug

what are the breeduhs talking about?confused smiley
March 30, 2007
Hell, I barely did any of my assigned homework during my middle and highschool years, and managed to still get a B average. I figured out that basically all one had to do to pass classes while doing the least amount of work possible was: follow the rules, be cooperative, friendly and not do anything that would get the teachers attention in a negative way. If a kid can't figure this out on it's own, then they deserve to HAVE to do EVERY PIECE of assigned homework AND the "extra credit".

How the hell has dumbassery become the new norm?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login