Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1816 Summer Vacation Hell

Posted by Matush 
Matush
1816 Summer Vacation Hell
September 01, 2006
There is a very good reason why I never go on vacation during the summer. Sprog hell. You cannot go anywhere in the world between the months of June-August (especially August because the whole of Europe is on vacation apparently), without being trapped in famblee hell.

I live in the number one famblee tourist hell hole in the world: Washington, D.C. Every summer it is a nightmare, especially on the metro. Screaming kiddies, duhds who think it is so cool to take a picture of the family on the metro, moos crowding the doorways and bitching when they have to step off momentarily to let other people out (as if everyone is going where they are going). brats crowding the left side of the escalator and not making way when other people have to catch the trains.

And as someone who lives here and was once subjected to the Washington, D.C. summer vacation, I honestly do not see the appeal of this place for a sprog. It's hot as hell. The buildings aren't that appealing and the educational appeal will surely be lost.
Re: 1816 Summer Vacation Hell
September 01, 2006
What a fucking shame it is that you cannot even have peace and quiet at 11 PM. Unsupervised kids is a clear and obvious indication that pahrunts are SICK of their kids. If they weren't, there wouldn't be an supervised kid to speak of.

They should have separate areas for campers with kids - right in the middle of an 8 lane highway. But seriously, they should. Not everyone wants to listen to the bickering and bitching, crying and whining from dawn to dusk and through the night.

I LOVE camping and have only had 1 or 2 times where some little bastard ruined a day or two for me.
September 01, 2006
I can not recommend highly enough taking a vacation the weekend after Labor Day. Last year I drove through Minnesota and South Dakota to see the variety of national parks and tourist attractions along I-90 (or is it 94?), Mt. Rushmore, Devils Tower, Black Hills, Badlands, Wall Drug, etc. and found it to be almost completely sprog free! Ahhhh....camping with no shrieking children, wandering around our national monuments without ever having to look down so I wouldn't step on or run into someones unattended kid, no lines at the bathrooms, clean facilities, ample parking. It was an awesome vacation.
September 01, 2006
Feh, we were just in South Dakota last month. What a beautiful place!! I LOVE Wall Drug! Hotter than hell but worth the trip. Did you happen to see the Crazy Horse monument being carved out? AWESOME!

Here's the best part of breeder vacationing. Next weekend is the NJ State HOG Chapter Rally in Wildwood NJ. SO and I will be there. At this time, Wildwood is FULL of bikers. Loud bikes, LOTS of people, a lot of activity, and just not the place for the Breederson's final summer fling.

However, the prior 2 years SO and I went, there you have it. The Breedersons and their famblee: crossing the streets with their strollers, beach gear, kids in tow and everything else that comprises a vacation from hell. You wouldn't believe the dirty looks, the comments, the bitching and moaning from the moomies.

The duhs don't say anything because deep down, they want to be on a bike, screaming through the streets without a care in the world, not shackled to the steaming pile of shit called "famblee."

These same pathetic people have the nerve to complain out loud to anyone who will listen about the horrible noise and chaos their widdle FAMBLEE has to endure. This rally has been going on for years, it will continue for years. It's annual and the same weekend every god damned year. These people don't know this? If you don't like it, then don't go to Wildwood New Jersey over Labor Day weekend!
September 01, 2006
Unfortunately, I did not go to Crazy Horse. On the map I had it looked like it was much much further away from Rushmore than it actually was...so keep that in mind S. Dakota travelers. Crazy Horse is only about 10 miles away from Rushmore, and not the 60 miles it appears on the maps. Unfortunately, I won't be spending my money in S. Dakota any time soon because of their abortion ban, but it is a mind blowingly beautiful area.
Anonymous User
September 01, 2006
Hey Matush, I hear you about D.C. I lived there about 20 years ago, and remember all of the same crap you mention. The breeders always acted as if the metro existed just to cart their asses around, and screw the working folks, like me, who needed to use it to get to and from our jobs.

I'd love to take Catdaddy to D.C., as he's never been. But we'd DEFINITELY do it during the off-season. He understands about the heat thing, too. When he was in the Navy (before I met him), he was stationed for a time in Norfolk, VA, and the heat there is similar to D.C.

Another place we'll NEVER visit in the summer is Cooperstown, NY, home of the Baseball Hall of Fame. We usually go in October, and it's been okay. I hear that is is Sprog City in the summer. We can't go this October, but we're planning a trip for my birthday, in April. Now, if only I can find a web site that lists when Spring Vacation is for schools in all 50 states, we'd be all set.
September 01, 2006
Summer is cool in the beginning because the pool is warm at the complex and I love to tan. By mid-July, the energy is too weird. Anywhere I go is full of loud tourists. Residents bring all sorts of creepy visitors to the apartments for a day at the pool.

Being I studied law enforcement Back in the Day and know some police officers, I do know that summer is the worst time of year for cops. People tend to fight more due to being outside often, the alcohol consumption is up, and kids run the streets more than during the school year. I am very grateful that Fall is descending upon us. I like the shift in the sun and the crisper air.

As a pagan person with Eastern ideas, I do look very much forward to the Holiday of Samhain...which also marks one year of being sober...free of liquor. This summer was not easy for me for many reasons. I now feel the emotional pain of this season wash away. Onto better things.... smiling smiley
Matush
September 01, 2006
Lewisburg is also hell. Back when I had brothers going to Georgetown, we always had to drive by that place to get to Washington. Coincidentally, move in weekend always seemed to fall right around the time of the Little League World Series. FAMBLEE HELL! I remember passing out in the back of the car and an hour later seeing that we hardly moved an inch. And every time we'd move, there would always be a moo crossing the street.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login