Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Board won't relent for breast-feeding mother

Posted by catmeow 
Board won't relent for breast-feeding mother
June 23, 2007
Yet another moo who expects the world to revolve around her:

http://tinyurl.com/388o9m

Take a look at the message board included! There are some great posts and I added one of my own, under the same name I use here.
Re: Board won't relent for breast-feeding mother
June 23, 2007
ok this woman, was pregnant, and studying medicine, for 9 months prior to this exam, so she KNEW that she was going to do that.

and since she has a 7 week old, how much time can she really give to being a doctor.

wait a second "Currier, 33, said she is receiving some test accommodation. She has serious dyslexia and attention problems -- she was featured in a Globe column last year about adults with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder -- and is thus given twice the usual time to complete the test: two nine-hour days instead of one."

is that really what you want to see ina doctor one who gets letters jumbled..

"As for postponing the test, Currier is behind schedule because she failed the test when she took it this spring, when she was eight months ' pregnant , she said" duh, postpone it you moron till you have time..

if she wins, this is pure sexism, men wont be allowed to do that..

so 1. she has severe dyslexia, and adhd. (and you really want a doctor to mistake 500mg for 50 mg
2, she has a child which needs time
3 she is going into a very busy job how can she give 100% to that job

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
June 24, 2007
Can't this moo postpone the test until her daughter is older? She's already failed the test once so I think she wants to use titfeeding as an excuse if she fails a second time.

As for whining about not being given enough time, well, all I can say is few professions make such demands on your time as medicine. What will she do if a patient crashes, desert them cos she needs to pump?

Entitlement moos make me mad cos this attitude hurts all women. As catmeow pointed out in her comment, employers would rather hire a man than deal with this BS. And who can blame them?
June 24, 2007
liz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can't this moo postpone the test until her
> daughter is older? She's already failed the test
> once so I think she wants to use titfeeding as an
> excuse if she fails a second time.

Exactly, Liz! What a cunt.

And it's true that moos give us all a bad name. I work in HR and I see how bad they are. They go on moo leave and never come back, but wait until the last second to tell anyone. Meanwhile, they got paid a whole year to sit on their ass and some poor temp had to handle their workload (without benefits or anything). They make me sick!
Ok, I am veering off topic here but I agree with Liz. I hate that kids with "learning disabilities" are given as much time as they want to take an exam. I knew a girl in high school who supposedly had ADD and she needed two hours to take a test that most of us, given only 50 minutes, finished with time to spare.

Can you imagine people like that working in a deadline oriented environment? Imagine the ADD kid when his boss tells him he needs a few slides within the 30 minutes. I wonder if he'll demand more time because of his condition
June 25, 2007
liz Wrote:
>
> Entitlement moos make me mad cos this attitude
> hurts all women. As catmeow pointed out in her
> comment, employers would rather hire a man than
> deal with this BS. And who can blame them?

Exactly! Most employers do not want to hire women of breeding age...especially the 23/year-old goofy engaged girl. An employer knows that once the "I do's" are said, the young wifey will be showing up to work in maternity clothing and will use every excuse to slack off because of how hard it is to be pregnant...boo-hoo....:bawl It as if these women say, "I am uterine...hear me whine." Most women on the job are the biggest ass-pains!

Feminism was not about having it all. No one can have it "all". With each choice comes giving something else up. If a woman wants a career that requires heavy hours, having a baby is not going to be of any help to her at all unless she hires an "domestic worker" for cheap wages to do the cunt work of child care. Having a child is going to put a damper on a woman's career especially if she wants to take a few years off to be at home. Skills tend to become obsolete when a person does not work in a particular field for quite some time.

If a man decided to take a year off to be a ski bum or just bum around Europe for awhile, his career would take a hit. Any promotions he had been eying and working for would be gone...gone...gone as he would be forgotten long before he got on that plane for his leave of absence. There would be too many people laying in wait to get what he wanted and had been working toward for his career. Yet...a man cannot whine discrimination. He would be laughed out of the workplace...especially if he left for a few years to be "Mr.Mom". :spin
June 25, 2007
Medusa Wrote:

>
> And it's true that moos give us all a bad name. I
> work in HR and I see how bad they are. They go on
> moo leave and never come back, but wait until the
> last second to tell anyone. Meanwhile, they got
> paid a whole year to sit on their ass and some
> poor temp had to handle their workload (without
> benefits or anything). They make me sick!

Medusa, that is why I stopped temping long ago (back in 1998) when I was looking for another job. I resented temping for the lactating moo on her "leave" doing the same work and often more at about half of the salary and ZERO benefits. Of course, I was not offered the job when it became known that the moo was never coming back as the company would have to pay a huge fee to the temp agency for a "finder's fee".
June 25, 2007
Well I know one thing, you can tell right off the bat what kind of doctor she'll be. And it ain't a good one.........
June 25, 2007
Unfortunately, one has to register to comment on that site...I hate that.

Whatever happened to something called "making choices in life"? Simply put, if you want to be a good parent, your children will come first and you will recognize that you may not be able to proceed a quickly or successfully through your careear as a result. Or, one could choose to focus on their careear and delay having children until that is established. Gee wilikers! Imagine that, thinking about how you want your life to go, making a plan and then (whhhaaaa?) going through with that plan as well as you can. Sure things change, but if you've thought thigns through, you may be able to adapt more readily than if you just jumped into major life decisions without any forethought at all.
amethusos* Wrote:
> liz Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> >Exactly! Most employers do not want to hire women
> of breeding age...especially the 23/year-old goofy
> engaged girl. An employer knows that once the "I
> do's" are said, the young wifey will be showing up
> to work in maternity clothing and will use every
> excuse to slack off because of how hard it is to
> be pregnant...boo-hoo....:bawl

But first there's the "I can't wait to git pregnint" talk they start like a microsecond after the moneymoon. My office's latest 23 y/o newlywed bimbo would bleet how she's "so depressed b/c she's not pregnint yet" after only 2 months of marriage!

Then 6 weeks moo leave later & queen moo decides to come back part fucking time & never bothered to tell us-even the ones who bought her gifts for both parties, and were drowning in her work & phone calls when she was out mooing.

She can't afford PT b/c her husband now has to work 3 jobs. So what does she do? Bitches & complains that she sees him all of 2 days a week. Hehehe, I do love a slow motion train wreck in progress.
I love joedrumma's comments in the comments section. He(?) is right on. She is making the issue about breastfeeding, but it's a red herring. She is already getting TWO days instead of one to take the test (for dyslexia and "serious" attention problems. That's on page 2, of course.) Now she wants more time? Remember, she's already failed it once with TWICE the amount of time that everybody else gets!!! Breastfeeding is an excuse for more time to see what's on the test, in case she fails it again.
June 25, 2007
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
> Well I know one thing, you can tell right off the
> bat what kind of doctor she'll be. And it ain't a
> good one.........

That bitch moo reminds me of my former orthodontist. Every time I saw her, I swear, she was knocked up. I think she had 4 kids by the time I ended my treatment. When she wasn't on moo leave, she was on vacation with duh and the sprogs - making all her patients wait in the meantime, of course. If I'd known she was going to be like that, I would NEVER have started treatment there! She did a shit job, too, and now I have to see a new ortho - a MAN! How I wish I could sue the stupid cunt.
Y'know, I'm all about people needing to be able to do what they need to be able to do to avoid medical problems...BUT. I also don't see how she plans to become some big-wig doctor if she can't take 9 hours away from the kid. What does she think being a doctor entails, then??? And I also agree that maybe she should wait until the kid is older. I guess I don't know how long it takes to pump breast milk, but certainly if she only needs to do it every 2-3 hours (so that's what, 3 times at the most during those 9 hours?), that 45 minutes in total will be plenty of time? And it's not like she can't eat her lunch and such while she's doing it (and if she can't...then I rest my case that it's too disgusting to do in public!).

I even agree that women should be able to pump breastmilk and such during lunch breaks...it's their time, they can do what they want with it (as long as it's in PRIVATE!) They do NOT, however, need to breastfeed....kids don't belong in most workplaces, tyvm!!

[]As it is, Currier said, she rushed to have both her children while in medical school.[/i]
Then she brought it upon herself!!!

She believed that the heavy, often overnight schedule of residency would be bad for both a pregnant mother and fetus,
And of course, mommy never being home is good for a young baby!

and she has seen other young female doctors at Harvard hospitals limiting their maternity leave to a month or six weeks because they felt so much pressure to resume their residencies.
And why do they need more? IMO, maternity leave is so you can recover PHYSICALLY from childbirth (and same for paternity leave: take a few days to take care of your recovering wife/significant other, then get your ass back to work, and it can't POSSIBLY take that long to do so). If you want to stay home with the sprog, then you need to make a choice about job or kid. I mean, if I got sick and had to take FMLA leave, you can bet I'd have to be back as soon as I was physically able, no "but I feel like staying home and taking care of myself for a while" or whatever the equivalent would be.

"It's so clearly obvious why women are dropping out in their 30s ," she said. "It's plain as day."
It IS plain as day: they want to sprog!! Women have kids and take off weeks for maternity leave, they have to be at the beck and call of the kid if it gets sick, needs to be picked up from school for illness or misbehavior or whatever, etc. etc...and then they wonder why they're not seen as being as dedicated? Sure, I totally believe men should take over the care of the children as much as the women do and so should be equally taking days off to take care of the sick kid and such, but it still comes down to the fact that no man will ever leave work to give birth. So these women need to decide: career or kid. I'm not talking about women who work 40 hours a week to put food on the table, but those who feel the need for some high-powered career that requires them to work 60-80 hours per week AND they want to have a kid.
June 26, 2007
exactly, if these women want to be treated like men in the work place, then they should work like men in the workplace.

its about a division of labour, if a man works 60- 80 hours a week, and she doesnt work at all, shouldnt she look after the house and him,(the reverse is also true).

this myth of women earning 77cent or whatever the figure is today, is based on the choices the woman makes. a few years ago, it was a case of his money is our money, and my money is mine. is that fair..

these women who choose to have a child, expect the work place to keep the space open, and pay her and.. so it wont affect her career. but she left of her own free will. why should they keep the career path open. at the same level.

then they complain that men (who dont take the time off), are getting ahead of them career wise..

if these women doctors are dropping out after spending thousands on education (sometimes the government fundings), then isnt that a waste of time and money, they are trained yes.. but they only have a very short working lifespan until these ones sprog

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
June 26, 2007
Merc, you are dead on with that one! Women want to get treated and paid as equals but so long as they can have things THEIR way and on THEIR terms. Sorry moos. They want to have unlimited breaks, days off, maternity leave, and whatever the hell else, and they use the good old BAYBEE card to try and get what they want.

And you are damn straight that women need to get their doctoral asses back into their residencies ASAP after having a kid, they're supposed to be learning, how can they expect to be gone for months at a time and pick up where they left off? Would any of us here want someone like that treating us for an illness? Uh, that would be NO!

Women seem to forget that having a kid is a CHOICE, NOT a necessity. No one is forcing them to breed.
June 26, 2007
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
> Merc, you are dead on with that one! Women want
> to get treated and paid as equals but so long as
> they can have things THEIR way and on THEIR terms.
> Sorry moos. They want to have unlimited breaks,
> days off, maternity leave, and whatever the hell
> else, and they use the good old BAYBEE card to try
> and get what they want.
>
> And you are damn straight that women need to get
> their doctoral asses back into their residencies
> ASAP after having a kid, they're supposed to be
> learning, how can they expect to be gone for
> months at a time and pick up where they left off?
> Would any of us here want someone like that
> treating us for an illness? Uh, that would be
> NO!
>
> Women seem to forget that having a kid is a
> CHOICE, NOT a necessity. No one is forcing them
> to breed.

More women need someone to get into their face and be told that breeding is a fucking CHOICE and not a "disability"! Moos are one reason why I really do not like working with females. It is always the same. At first, the job seems great. Then...the moos bleat about working their alloted weekends and then *I* get stuck working ALL the Sat/Sun shifts. These cunts leave early leaving me with more work but without the extra pay. Often the moos who left the job early would STILL sign out at their regular off-duty time. That happened in security. Can we all say "payroll fraud"? Finally, this one site I worked got a boss who would put people off the site for doing that shift as one guy also tried to pull that stunt despite that mostly being a "cunt thing".
June 26, 2007
Merc, another myth of how the women do "second shift" at home with the duties of housework and sprog care. Most couples in Western nations tend to both handle home duties in about the same manner. Casual downtime is about the same for childed men and women: about 30 minutes a day. In third world countries, it is noted how females do work harder and more than males. So...I am sick of the whitebread American woman who claims that her husband needs to do more around the house while she just sits back...especially if she is working less than the man or not working at all!
June 26, 2007
i have no problem per se, in people staying home.. so long as they do their share of the work. this could be things like cleaning the cat litter, i can do that, rowan cant.. thats a fair division of labour, if she can do things i cant.. unfortunatly a lot of people dont or wont think like that

June 28, 2007
I'm so tired of the working moos and their "I do TWO jobs" argument. Well what the fuck do the rest of us do? Just because we don't have shit loaves to handle doesn't mean we come home from work, sit on the couch and eat Bon Bons.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login