Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Overpopulation Pt.2

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Overpopulation Pt.2
October 27, 2007
I was born in 1965. I remember when the population hit 3 billion back in 1975, AND people were talking about limiting family size to be responsible. This had a huge impact on my thinking, plus we had something in grade school- a fictious account of one of us in the year 2000, talking about how limited water was now, and how he had to ration it. Around 1977, in my semi rural area (needless to say, fucking suburbs now, something else that upsets me)we (in California)had a terrible drought. Everybody was very careful about using water.
So fast forward to now. What happened? When and WHY did talking about zero population growth become radioactive? Does anyone think it has to do with the rise of the Religous Reich (TM) in the US? I wish some virus would hit and sterlize the bnp.
Anonymous User
Re: Overpopulation Pt.2
October 27, 2007
I was only four, but I remember that drought. Just got a message from the local water co. telling everyone to cut consumption in half, due to the fires. The firefighters needed the water to save homes, and assholes are bitching about that.

Good questions, Sharon. I'm not sure when overpopulation became a taboo subject. There have always been religious nutters who think all women are good for is breeding, and submission to men. I don't know when women jumped on the bandwagon. It just seemed like one day, it was all about breeding. Makes no sense to me.
CFBitchfromLA
October 27, 2007
As a lifelong Southern California resident, I remember the 1977 drought with horror. Mom would let me take a shower only every other day, and the stupid PE-bot at school would not let us take showers at all after gym. I was hot, sticky, smelly and would not douse myself with cheap-assed Avon perfume like the other girls. Yuck.

Do you remember seeing the trains carrying snow from the Northeast when they had those kickass winter of 1977? I can still see the train cars carrying the water from the northeastern snowfall and emptying it into the LA reservoirs.

I never want to go through that again, so I installed low-water landscaping and high efficiency showerheads and faucets in my new home.
Anonymous User
October 28, 2007
CFBitchfromLA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Do you remember seeing the trains carrying snow
> from the Northeast when they had those kickass
> winter of 1977? I can still see the train cars
> carrying the water from the northeastern snowfall
> and emptying it into the LA reservoirs.
>

No I don't remember that! What amazes me is how people haven't seen this coming. THEY aren't the problem, it's the other people with 3 or more kids, not them. I was listening to NPR a while back, and they were talking about suburban growth. A duh was actually saying how sorry he was (to the farmer) about moving onto his former farm land into his newly built home. Which I thought was rather interesting. Except duh had 4 kids. And 20 odd years from now, they will need 4 homes, and then their offspring will need new homes et al.
October 28, 2007
I'm also in southern California and I am aghast at the way we still, as a community, do little to nothing to conserve water in any meaningful way. Kudos to CFBitch for having low-irrigation landscaping. So do I (mostly California native plants, in fact), but most of my neighbors, not to mention public properties, and the landscaping along freeways, do not. Irrigation of LAWNS and other vegetation with a high water neeed (like tropical horticultural varieties) comprises something like half or 2/3 (I don't remember the exact figure) of our water consumption here!!!! Of course that includes our myriad golf courses... WHAT THE FUCK??? Why is there not legislation to make this illegal? Look at communities like Phoenix and Tucson. They are wise enough to know that water should not be squandered in the name of green lawns. I'm sickened by all of this.
October 28, 2007
guest Wrote:
> I'm also in southern California and I am aghast at
> the way we still, as a community, do little to
> nothing to conserve water in any meaningful way.
> Kudos to CFBitch for having low-irrigation
> landscaping. So do I (mostly California native
> plants, in fact), but most of my neighbors, not to
> mention public properties, and the landscaping
> along freeways, do not. Irrigation of LAWNS and
> other vegetation with a high water neeed (like
> tropical horticultural varieties) comprises
> something like half or 2/3 (I don't remember the
> exact figure) of our water consumption here!!!! Of
> course that includes our myriad golf courses...
> WHAT THE FUCK??? Why is there not legislation to
> make this illegal? Look at communities like
> Phoenix and Tucson. They are wise enough to know
> that water should not be squandered in the name of
> green lawns. I'm sickened by all of this.

Wow, all these undocumented migrans and anchor babies bull is finally catching up. Ever wondered what California would be like if it was not such a Mexifornia? Yep, water would be plentiful, for certain. Best way to conserve water is to have less users. Wanna kick any illegals out?
October 28, 2007
Techie Wrote:
>
> Wow, all these undocumented migrans and anchor
> babies bull is finally catching up. Ever wondered
> what California would be like if it was not such a
> Mexifornia? Yep, water would be plentiful, for
> certain. Best way to conserve water is to have
> less users. Wanna kick any illegals out?

Yeah, I wanna kick ALL the fucking illegals out! I'm sick of hearing these welfare-grabbing crimaliens called "undocumented immigrants" by the politically correct assholes.

This applies not only to Meh-heeee-cans, but to the Haitians, Brazilians and whatever else we have here in Northern Port-au-Prince/Rio de Janeiro (Boston area).

The first of the month will be here later this week. I better go grocery shopping before then because all the illegals and homegrown skanks will be out in full force with their WIC vouchers and EBT cards. two faces puking

Getting rid of the leeches will certainly reduce the number of resource-demanders. While I'm at it, get rid of the rabbit-breeding fundies, too! Hey, fundies, Jeeeeeeeesus told me to conserve resources; it's heavenly to be CF or a parent to no more than two! smiling smiley

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
October 28, 2007
catmeow Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
>
> Yeah, I wanna kick ALL the fucking illegals out!
> I'm sick of hearing these welfare-grabbing
> crimaliens called "undocumented immigrants" by the
> politically correct assholes.

Those are rich business owners who want cheap labor. Basically USA Citizens pay for this activity. Responsible Americans pay taxes, that money goes to take care of illegals and anchor babies. Businesses win, American Nationals and Citizens loose.
>
> This applies not only to Meh-heeee-cans, but to
> the Haitians, Brazilians and whatever else we have
> here in Northern Port-au-Prince/Rio de Janeiro
> (Boston area).

If they are not in USA (or Canada or UK for that matter) legally, they are off to a wrong start. They already are breaking the law. These fine countries do not need more law breakers. They have enough of their own (Last I read, jales were overcrouded).
>
> The first of the month will be here later this
> week. I better go grocery shopping before then
> because all the illegals and homegrown skanks will
> be out in full force with their WIC vouchers and
> EBT cards. two faces puking

I am not sure what you are talking about, could you elaborate on this?
>
> Getting rid of the leeches will certainly reduce
> the number of resource-demanders. While I'm at it,
> get rid of the rabbit-breeding fundies, too! Hey,
> fundies, Jeeeeeeeesus told me to conserve
> resources; it's heavenly to be CF or a parent to
> no more than two! smiling smiley

They only demand resources because it's free. As far as parenting, it's a different subject, but here it is.

We are here, on this forum, because in one way or another we have questioned the sanity of the idea of parenthood.

Ladies and gentlemen, the times, rules, resources and morale has changed. Our fundie counterparts are attempting to live by a rule that was written over 2000 years ago (give or take a few hundred). This rule has been written and re-written by many mid-evil men, who changed it to reflet their current times.

Family was an important thing back then. Land was plentiful, labor was scarce, tools were primitive, production per person was low. The only way to survive back than was off the land, but labor was needed. Machines, tractors, trucks, buses were not there. So, to get labor, men would find women and fuck like young, horny, energetic rabbits. They would do so many, many times. Young people were created and labor demands would be fulfilled. Using ANY birth control methods were dangerous to one's self. One could die without any or low offspring. It is why the birth control was evil, because it could bring death due to starvation.

We are going to fast forward about 2000 years. A well populated world with only about 10% of people doing any kind of physical labor. Machines are able to have productivity of over 10000% of any human. Our technology is advanced and we work less. We are more protected. We no longer have to have progeny to survive. In fact, we are so advanced, earth is giving all it has to us. It can only do so for so long.

Us, human beings, naturally are not really inclined to live by the old rule. If ever in doubt, check latest divorce statistics. They were extremenly high a few years ago, but have gone down somewhat. It is because people are starting to realize that marriage is not for everyone. And you know as well as I do, divorce rate has declined because marrige did. Yes, you can live together, but have separate things. Yes, people do have casual partners - we may as well open our eyes. Marriage has been questioned for a long time. It was not appropriate to do that, but people did. Who could blame them?

Ladies and gentlemen, the same is happening with parenting. A few people are begining to openly question it. A few always have questioned it. Just like anything else new, it's taboo. But it will surface over and over and over until it becomes a norm. Just like divorce did. Just like living together did.

An argument exists that if CF had their way, the planet would die off. Here is where the parenting comes. CF is not a form of rebellion. I think it's a completely natural calling. Parenting IS NOT for everyone. Some people are by nature are excellent parents. But that is some, not most. If our society were to stop condeming the CF, and in fact, support it, here is what would happen. I think that maybe only 20%-30% of couples would actually have kids. We, the CF, help with taxes (we already do), work more and do higher quality work (we already do), do medical research to insure that youngsters do not die (many CF's already do - and do it well). In return, youngsters have a great country to live in. (It takes village - right?) Roads are not crouded, schools are not overfull (imagine having only 5-10 kids per teacher - quality of education at it's best) and there is plenty of clean air to go around. Because what we have here is a negative as far as population growth goes but a positive as far as quality of life and future goes. Jobs, housing, land, water, space, forests, you name it, there will be more to go around. With high quality of education and less cut throat competition, people can learn not to waste the environment. CF and good quality parents are not a bad combo. CF give some, parents give some (Again, is this not a village?)

Animals have done this for ages. When a place comes oversaturated, naturally they die off and produce less offspring. The nature can only feed so many and animals will comply.

Us, humans, have brains. We see that we are overcrouding this planet. We can help it. We do not have to starve anyone to death, but if only 20%-30% of people have kids, we will see the difference. We may even start to respect parents, because they will not annoy us, the CF, so much, there would be so fewer of them (parents). And with today's population count, we could go like this for many, many generations. We would never actally go extinct, because young ones would always be born.

And just like reduction in marriage causes lower divorce rate, the reduction in parenting will reduce the number of kids in the foster home. Eliminating breeding will help the most.
October 28, 2007
Techie Wrote:
> catmeow Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> ----
>
> >
> > The first of the month will be here later this
> > week. I better go grocery shopping before then
> > because all the illegals and homegrown skanks
> will
> > be out in full force with their WIC vouchers
> and
> > EBT cards. two faces puking
>
> I am not sure what you are talking about, could
> you elaborate on this?
> >

Sure, Techie.

Monthly welfare benefits are issued on the first of the month. This includes handout checks in the mail, WIC vouchers (certificates for free grocery items such as formula, milk, juice, cereal and peanut butter that go to welfare mamas with kids under five years old) and reloads of electronic benefit transfer cards intended for groceries (or new EBT cards in the mail--I'm not sure which it is).

I have a friend who is a mailman. He has many, many people who await him anxiously on the first of the month. two faces puking

I hope this helps. By the way, I did my grocery shopping! smiling smiley

October 28, 2007
catmeow Wrote:

>
> Monthly welfare benefits are issued on the first
> of the month. This includes handout checks in the
> mail, WIC vouchers (certificates for free grocery
> items such as formula, milk, juice, cereal and
> peanut butter that go to welfare mamas with kids
> under five years old) and reloads of electronic
> benefit transfer cards intended for groceries (or
> new EBT cards in the mail--I'm not sure which it
> is).
>
> I have a friend who is a mailman. He has many,
> many people who await him anxiously on the first
> of the month. two faces puking
>
> I hope this helps. By the way, I did my grocery
> shopping! smiling smiley

Wow. I am glad you have explained this. I had no idea how it worked. I was told by my parents that if I needed more money, I got a second job. That's what they did. I never heard of stuff that you have mentioned. Goes to show you what I know. Not much.

It does seem odd, that someone can come to another country and without paying anything into any of the social insurance systems, draw from it. I thought USA has some kind of a limit/restriction on that stuff because they had problems with funding of social insurance even back in early 1990's?
October 29, 2007
sharon j. Wrote:
> I was listening to NPR a while
> back, and they were talking about suburban growth.
> A duh was actually saying how sorry he was (to the
> farmer) about moving onto his former farm land
> into his newly built home. Which I thought was
> rather interesting. Except duh had 4 kids. And 20
> odd years from now, they will need 4 homes, and
> then their offspring will need new homes et al.

I saw a Moomercial (hey- I just made that up! lol) last night with the typical 30ish SAHMoo with that sugary voice & doey expression saying how "We" have to recycle & conserve our resources. Whaaaa?

Yeah, because Gawad forbid you won't be able to have 4 bathrooms in your house for each kid, or their 4 more cars, or we'll run out of land your 12 grandkid's urban sprawl.
October 29, 2007
i agree, and it does seem that there are more and more natural ways of dying today, i think the earth has had enough, and is creating more and more diseases and natural disasters, as a way of thinning the herd.

in any population, animals and plants, there is an upper limit. and they either kill themselves off to a more manageable amount, as in lemmings, and other creatures. or nature creates or helps a virus to become more deadly.

this is what i feel is happening to this planet, humans are affecting it too much and something has to give. And i think that will be us humans. we have resistant diseases, we have angry people in angry countries. wars are a symptom of over crowding, look at ants, too many colonies too close together and you have genocidal war. same with wasps, and insects.

humanity is a disease, a cancer that eats away at the planet, growing and growing till it destroys the host.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
October 29, 2007
mercurior Wrote:
> i agree, and it does seem that there are more and
> more natural ways of dying today, i think the
> earth has had enough, and is creating more and
> more diseases and natural disasters, as a way of
> thinning the herd.
>
> in any population, animals and plants, there is an
> upper limit. and they either kill themselves off
> to a more manageable amount, as in lemmings, and
> other creatures. or nature creates or helps a
> virus to become more deadly.

Yes, the Earth HAS had it with us. Although instead of the slow progression of wars, diseases & periodic natural disasters, I'd prefer just one or two mega-tidal waves, like a horse's tail whipping a mosquito off it's back. And it would take as many religious fanatics as it could, leaving mostly rational, thinking people.

And so what if half, or even all of us were gone anyway? I don't know why most people think the human race is so special that it deserves to last forever in the first place. Every creature has it's time until there's a mass extinction or other natural phenomena that hits, and the creature is gone or evolves into something else. We are just monkeys that got lucky and are wearing out our welcome with our own opposable thumbs.

>
October 29, 2007
ever since i was young, 13 or 14, i have loved the apocalypse films, end of the world, zombie movies, last humans, it always felt right to me, that the majority of humans would die due to plagues or us destroying ourselves.

i read somewhere 10% of the population are usually immune to the nasty killer diseases. doesnt that show that it is inevitable for humanity to be wiped out over the millenia.

the world could sustain maybe 1 billion or 2, easily and quality of life will be great, i try to live within the world, not dominate it like in the bible and other tomes. where the world was created for us to abuse.

we are at the level or over it at where the planet can heal itself, unless there is a massive human extinction, this world will end in A chemical ridden pestilence ridden ball of rock.

over 1/3rd are starving on this planet, yet we feed them so they can breed more to starve and die. i am all for sustainability, but it never will happen, not when breeders and religions tell them that its all going tobe better in the next world, rather than help fix this one.

read faith of the fallen by terry goodkind, it shows what this world is like.

one of my reasons amongst many, to not have kids is, what will the world be like tomorrow. i am volunteering for a kind of planet protection, no kids means no next gen and they wont have kids either. and so on..

plagues are the answer, i think not natural disasters

i am a half beleiver in the vhemt.org goals..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
October 29, 2007
mercurior Wrote:
> ever since i was young, 13 or 14, i have loved the
> apocalypse films, end of the world, zombie
> movies, last humans, it always felt right to me,
> that the majority of humans would die due to
> plagues or us destroying ourselves.

Me too. I didn't even think it was a frightening idea. Like you said, it just seemed right.
>
> i read somewhere 10% of the population are usually
> immune to the nasty killer diseases. doesnt that
> show that it is inevitable for humanity to be
> wiped out over the millenia.

It makes sense, since before all our modern vaccines & virus prevention, there were always those lucky few in the village that never contracted the plague of the month. There had to be something different going on in their immune systems.

> read faith of the fallen by terry goodkind, it
> shows what this world is like.

thanx, I will!
>
Nour
October 29, 2007
**over 1/3rd are starving on this planet, yet we feed them so they can breed more to starve and die. i am all for sustainability, but it never will happen, not when breeders and religions tell them that its all going tobe better in the next world, rather than help fix this one.**

Merc, I am in agreement with you. I recently saw a PBS show in which a group of evangelical Christians traveled to Alaska to catch a glimpse of global warming in action. Some of the biggest skeptics were invited on the trip. It was headed up by a "green" Evanglical Christian Richard Cizik and some scientists. The skeptics ended up being coverted. Here's the Website about the program:

http://www.pbs.org/now/shows/343/index.html

But I'm thinking by the time we've got enough folks convinced that this is for real, it will be too late. People think that if they just change a couple of light bulbs, that will work.
nowhiggers
October 30, 2007
sharon j. Wrote:
> So fast forward to now. What happened? When and
> WHY did talking about zero population growth
> become radioactive? Does anyone think it has to
> do with the rise of the Religous Reich (TM) in the
> US? I wish some virus would hit and sterlize the
> bnp.

Actually Sharon, you can blame a variety of factors but I think the biggest one was when feminism sold out to the breeder bitches.

Believe it or not, the liberals share a great deal of blame for making the discussion of population taboo, maybe even moreso than conservatives. And I am NOT conservative.

Dr Laura, may Satan bless her soul, grinning smiley yells at idiot breeders all the time for having kids when they are not fit to take care of them. She's a fundy wench (a jewish fundy, but still a fundy), but she is fucking right on when it comes to bashing the stupid breederbutts most of the time.

Also, that organization that offers $300 to idiot breeders on drugs to get sterilized has a huge conservative following. And a huge childfree following. It's been reemed many times on NPR for being "mean" and "racist" and lots of liberal blubbering about it.

Why the hell can't we get back to the old feminism and liberal thinking of the 70s? I remember as a kid it was actually "cool" for women not to have any kids. Can you believe that? Sure you can. You were there. winking smiley
Anonymous User
October 30, 2007
Oh, yeah, Nowhiggers, the almighty ACLU hates anything that could be seen as a denial of one's human right to breed! Even crackheads have that fundamental right. But, if a woman wants a tubal, she's told, no. Seems kinda fucked up to me, but there ya go.

I hate Dr. Laura, but have to agree 100% with her stance on stupid breeders.
October 30, 2007
Our overpopulated planet and overburdened planet is something some people just cannot grasp, but it is for real. Let's be glad there ARE childfree people (like me) who are smart enough to do something about it. (or, on the contrary, a person wants to be a parent, is selfless, adopts instead of having their own, ect.) We need more of that. Foster shelters are gut full of kids needing homes. We DO NOT need to bring more into this world due to selfishness. That is stupid.

lab mom
Anonymous User
October 30, 2007
nowhiggers Wrote:
----------------------------------------------
>
> Why the hell can't we get back to the old feminism
> and liberal thinking of the 70s? I remember as a
> kid it was actually "cool" for women not to have
> any kids. Can you believe that? Sure you can. You
> were there. winking smiley

Yes that's right! What the hell happened? I was reading Ms. magazine yesterday, and they took the side of the Tit Nazi who wanted more time on her medical exam. It ticked me off. Instead of calling her on her entitlement attitude, they side with her.
October 30, 2007
I say feed deadly Soylent Green to the crackheads, welfare skanks, fundies and other breeders. Putting them "to sleep" instead of doing it to undeserving animals would be fine with me. They can also fight it out and have each other for dinner.

Here's information about the movie Soylent Green (1973):
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070723/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green

I haven't seen the movie in a long time. I have it on a tape somewhere in my house and should watch it again sometime.

The year 2022 will be here before you know it!

k-man
October 30, 2007
Remember Jonathan Swift's essay "A Modest Proposal"? It dovetails nicely with Soylent Green.

"Soylent green—it's...it's...it's...oh my God, it's the chyldren! the baybees!" Yes, we must do this to the chyldren! (Not "for") grinning smiley
October 31, 2007
catmeow Wrote:
> I say feed deadly Soylent Green to the crackheads,
> welfare skanks, fundies and other breeders.
> Putting them "to sleep" instead of doing it to
> undeserving animals would be fine with me. They
> can also fight it out and have each other for
> dinner.
>
> Here's information about the movie Soylent Green
> (1973):
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070723/
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green
>
> I haven't seen the movie in a long time. I have it
> on a tape somewhere in my house and should watch
> it again sometime.
>
> The year 2022 will be here before you know it!

Soylent Green was an awesome film! I don't think Soylent Green was deadly, it was just old people. Mmmm...old people for eating. And I'm going to have to stand up for crackheads here, they've got a legitimate addiction to a substance that has changed (or destroyed) their brains, so at least they've got a medical excuse for their asshattery (plus I think they might taste nastier than a well-fed welfare moo).

I have to recommend the book "Boomsday" by Christopher Buckley. It's hilarious. Here's the set-up: One generation is pitted against another in the shadow of a Social Security crisis. The protagonist,is an angry blogger by night. Incensed by the financial burden soon to be placed on her age bracket by baby boomers approaching retirement, she proposes on her blog that boomers be encouraged to commit suicide. The idea is taken up by an attention-seeking senator and the political spinning begins. Soon there are incentives for the plan (no estate tax, free Botox), an evangelical pro-life activist is grabbing the opposing position, the president is appointing a special commission to study the issue, and the media is in a frenzy. As a presidential election approaches, the political shenanigans escalate and the subplots multiply: There are nursing-home conspiracies, Russian prostitutes, Ivy League bribes, papal phone calls and more.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
JoJo
October 31, 2007
Oh please! The boomer generation would never off themselves to provide a higher quality of life for Gen X, Y and Z. Selfless self-sacrifice? Pah! They don't call us The Me Generation for nothing!
October 31, 2007
JoJo Wrote:
> Oh please! The boomer generation would never off
> themselves to provide a higher quality of life for
> Gen X, Y and Z. Selfless self-sacrifice? Pah!
> They don't call us The Me Generation for nothing!

But...but...they were the all loving, all caring Hippies! They CHANGED THE WORLD and nothing good has EVER HAPPENED since...their music was the best, their clothes were the best, their ideas were the best, and....they all became power mad, wealth hungry, "we had our fun, screw the rest of you", I'm my kid's best friend, image obsessed asshats who will lord their B.S. revolution over the rest of us until the last one dies.

No, really, it's a funny book...and fictional. Written by the guy who wrote "Thank You For Smoking"

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login