Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rant Against "The Cult"

Posted by Sandy 
Sandy
Rant Against "The Cult"
March 25, 2008
Hey there! I just stumbled across the "child free" movement online and you guys rock! I am an unapologetic, unreconstructed feminist, working full time person and I fucking sick to death of how the expectations of contemporary motherhood, like its some kind of fucking CULT that all women should want to belong to, has ruined life for ordinary women who either don't want kids or want kids but don't want their entire lives to revolve around the produce of their uteri. I am especially galled by the following: 1. Workplace discrimination against hard working, professional mothers, that has natually evolved because of the entitled mothers who think they deserve the same paycheck of working part time and "from home" - translation doing nothing 40% of the time for the same pay. 2. The Infertility "Movement" that has inflicted major health care costs on all of us with endless glorification of multiple births and that has promoted a "child at all costs" mentality that makes women feel worthless and useless unless they have kids (read this blogger "Stirrup Queens and Sperm Palace Jesters" and you'll get a sense of how these folks have lost all contact with reality. This blogger compares the "pain" of infertility with someone suffering from stage 4 cancer - just one example of how warped the "quest for a child" can be. Her blog has infinite more and she is a breeder/attention whore of the highest caliber.) 3. The endless and false "safety" and "child wellbeing" issues that the CULT promotes - recall this and recall that, perverts and kidnappers everywhere, "self esteem" feel good movements etc and 4. Parasitic SAHMhood - get over yourselves ladies - just because you shat out an infant does not give you the right to live off of someone else for the rest of your fucking life. GET A FUCKING JOB!
Re: Rant Against "The Cult"
March 25, 2008
I hug you!
And thanks for not being afraid of the scary words and ideas.
You are free here, though that doesn't mean someone won't jump your ass over some shit...but you're free to serve it right back.
March 25, 2008
" This blogger compares the "pain" of infertility with someone suffering from stage 4 cancer - just one example of how warped the "quest for a child" can be. "

I don't read Moo blogs because my blood pressure can't handle it. But Gawd, thank you for writing that.

Another thing that infuriates me is when breeders DEMAND that insurance cover IVF. They always pull out the cancer argument: If you had cancer, you would get treatment! It's the same with IVF."

It is most definitely NOT. THE. SAME. THING. I've tried to pound it into their teeny-tiny brains:

If you have cancer and you don't get treatment, you will likely die. If you can't have a child and you don't get IVF, you won't die. Nobody ever died from not having a kid!

It makes me want to choke some of these WannaBreed Bitches. It's insulting to anyone who's had cancer or watched someone die from cancer.

IVF IS AN ELECTIVE PROCEDURE, NOT A MEDICAL NECESSITY.
March 26, 2008
bell_flower Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It makes me want to choke some of these WannaBreed
> Bitches. It's insulting to anyone who's had cancer
> or watched someone die from cancer.

THANK YOU, Bell Flower! I had to watch both my Mom AND my Grandma die of cancer - so how dare those breeder bitches tell me I don't know about suffering and that "it's not as bad"!
March 26, 2008
"If you can't have a child and you don't get IVF, you won't die."

Oh, I don't know. The wannabe moo might hang herself in the garage from the unused umbilical cord because she feels useless and sub-human since she can't have that baby. Everyone knows children are the meaning of life.
Lol.
March 26, 2008
Oh, and Sandy - Welcome.
March 26, 2008
welcome sandy. and i quite frequently "have words". but only when i see the more radical anti male comments (i think its unfair). but if you can give me a good argument, then my respect for you goes up. like i respect feh for their strength of beleif. i may not agree with all the comments but i respect them.

sandy i would say your more an equalist than anything else. (the term feminist has a lot of bad image to combat)

so welcome, and we here say what we feel, what we think, which is all good.

i saw my dad die over 8 years, he went from an alive vital person to a shadow. i know how it feels, perhaps if these women, who mostly do ivf, had someone close to them die like that. they may think again. about making such stupid comments.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
March 26, 2008
Welcome Sandy!

Swing on over to post 2637 and savor in all the train-wrecky, low-IQ goodness a junta of trolls has imposed upon our once-peaceful board.
Peppertree
March 26, 2008
Welcome aboard, Sandy! I have to say I like your style. smiling smiley
CF Uter
March 26, 2008
I'm with ya. Welcome to the board. I don't know if I'm "more" CF than I otherwise would be because of this modern moo "cult" as you put it.

Being CF is never popular, but this uber-breeeder attitude is suffocating to us actively and passively. I open up the daily paper and it looks more like People or Parunts magazine, there no longer is just news that effects everyone. But the papers/media probably know to excite the ultra fearful moos to sell news, otherwise moos don't read it.

I wish I knew all you guys IRL because I know of no one otherwise that thinks like us, or at least to the point of actually opening their mouths about it.
Nour
March 26, 2008
Welcome to the board, Sandy!

CF Uter wrote:
**I wish I knew all you guys IRL because I know of no one otherwise that thinks like us, or at least to the point of actually opening their mouths about it.** (one 'me too' here!)
k-man
March 26, 2008
Welcome, Sandy!

The cancer comments get me too. My mother, for whom I care full-time, just had surgery for breast cancer and will soon begin radiation treatment and chemotherapy. How dare someone compare the "pain" of childlessness and IVF to that of cancer. My mother would probably trade places with her in a minute.
March 26, 2008
hope your mum is ok k-man, my thoughts are with her. she brought up a good son

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
March 26, 2008
The "pain" of childlessness? Pu-lease!

All that is, is "pain" of not getting what you want. Just like little kids experience "pain" when they don't get what they want. Too bad these dumb bitches just don't throw themselves down and throw a temper tantrum like a little kid does. They might feel better.
Peppertree
March 26, 2008
"Too bad these dumb bitches just don't throw themselves down and throw a temper tantrum like a little kid does. "

That's exactly what IVF is. A socially acceptable (for some, not us) form of temper tantrum, i.e. "If my body won't get and stay pregnant naturally then I'm going to MAKE IT!!!"

And there's definitely a special place in hell for people who compare infertility to having CANCER, for Christ's sake...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login