Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Catdaddy and I have decided to adopt a 3 year old boy

Posted by Anonymous User 
But fear not, folks...it's a CAT! (Had you going there for a moment, didn't I? bouncing and laughing )

This relates to CF in that this woman is giving up this kitty (and most of her other pets) because...you guessed it...she's sprogging! It just chaps my hide when people do this.

But I'm glad that at least this once, I am able to save a pet from being dumped in a shelter, where he might be destroyed. The moo-to-be is a friend of a friend from another board, and when I found out that the cat in question was right here in Massachusetts, maybe 40 minutes away, I offered to take him. Catdaddy agreed, so I called the woman and we'll be going out there Saturday afternoon to pick him up.

You can see a picture of Sabby on my blog, the link to which is below in my signature.

I can't wait to meet my new BAYBEEEEE! Just call me CatMoo! =^..^=
Re: Catdaddy and I have decided to adopt a 3 year old boy
September 09, 2006
I knew you meant the "boy" was a kittycat...
What a cute boy! I loooooove cats!
Congratulations! What a beautiful boy. Does this mean you are now Catmommy10? winking smiley

Well, Sabby-kitty is now here with us in his new home! He's scared and confused right now, and he spent most of the evening hiding. The other cats have been sniffing around, trying to check him out, but he kind of wants to be left alone for the moment. But really, who wants to socialize after you've been ripped away from the only home you've ever known?

I felt sorry for the sproglina of the house. She looked to be a nice kid, about 10-11 years old. Poor kid was bawling her eyes out when we came to take Sabby away. It was heartbreaking...the girl had gotten attached to these pets, and now they are being given away, because of a soon-to-be-born loaf. What's she going to do next week when the other kitty goes to her new adoptive home? I wonder if she will resent the new loaf, knowing that it was the excuse for getting rid of the pets?

But that's not my concern now. My concern now is to make the committment to Sabby that his first family could not make and keep.

CheeseLouise Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Congratulations! What a beautiful boy. Does this
> mean you are now Catmommy10?
>
>
Nope, now I really AM Catmommy9! Again.

When I first started using this handle, as my e-mail addy and later on message boards, I did have nine cats. Mister Bill had to be put down a few years ago, because he was very sick and in pain, so that put the number down to eight. I never bothered to change my handle or anything.

Sabby is our first new cat in six years, so he's now #9.

I nearly shat bricks when I read your title. Yeh I love kitties and cats. Poor kid, nice moo.
Congrats to you and Catdaddy! You have a lovely family!

Kev and I have four "kids" ourselves, ages 15, 12, 8, and 1. The older two are females, the younger two are males. I may have to join Catster one day...; )
GOOD FOR YOU, CATMOMMY!!! WAY TO GO! smiling smiley
Catmommy, the fact that you feel the need to take on another cat is very telling - obviously they're not giving you what you need. It seems to me like it's time for you two to have a kid. Cats are great and all, but they're just animals you practice with. You'll get more love and fulfillment from a baaaaybeeee. Besides, don't you want to feel like a woman? And to make Catdaddy into a real man? You may think you don't like kids, but it's different with your own. tongue sticking out smiley
September 11, 2006
He's GORGEOUS!!!!!!! He reminds me a lot of my Ragdoll, Honeybear.

Sprogging moo didn't deserve him anyway. I'm so glad he'll be living with you1
September 11, 2006

"I felt sorry for the sproglina of the house. She looked to be a nice kid, about 10-11 years old. Poor kid was bawling her eyes out when we came to take Sabby away. It was heartbreaking...the girl had gotten attached to these pets, and now they are being given away, because of a soon-to-be-born loaf. What's she going to do next week when the other kitty goes to her new adoptive home? I wonder if she will resent the new loaf, knowing that it was the excuse for getting rid of the pets?"

I had a friend whose Mom got rid of her 2 cats when she was 8, because of a new baybee...WHY? I do not know, but rest assured she remembered that and still holds it against her parents. Nearly every action she takes is against her parents wishes, sometimes to her detriment, and takes alot of glee in making them miserable. I don't agree that it's a good idea for someone to be so consumed in their negative feelings for so long, but I do agree that her parents deserve every ounce of misery she gives them.

September 19, 2006
Congradulations on your lil' kitty!!!! smiling smiley smiling smiley

lab mom
Thanks all! Sabby is doing well and getting used to things around here!

He now has a Catster page: http://www.catster.com/?382716

From there you can see our other kitties! Enjoy!
I like his markings! And he's kinda fluffy!

It reminds me of my mother recently adopting a orange tabby DSH, sadly declawed, which she named Felix like the other three Felixes before him. Apparently, this kitty was used as a football by some drunk, and my mother had the opportunity to rescue the kitty.
Catmommy you are wonderful!! Thank you for being a good mommy to our animal friends.You are an asset to our planet.I too am an animal lover.:-) I think you should have a Baby Cat Shower at work and invite all of the breeders.Ha ha.Don't forget to send out announcements with a picture of your ''Baby'' along with his adoption date,weight,length and both parents names.Send this to all the breeders you know.:-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login