Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#1845: Essence article

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
#1845: Essence article
September 09, 2006
It's a sad commentary on our world that a young girl feels as if pregnancy is her only ticket out of a bad situation. The government assistance people really need to pull their heads out of their collective behinds, and STOP REWARDING WOMEN FOR BREEDING. They should be spending that money helping kids like this girl get it together, give them a place to stay, a chance to go to school. and all of that.

But NOOOOOOO! Only when they are popping out those Almighty Baybees are they ever considered.

I can't judge this women, either, and I don't consider her a breeder. She did the only thing she knew how to do at the time. She should have been offered better choices, but she wasn't.

And I am happy she didn't end up as a permanent leech on the system. She didn't go and have loaf after loaf with a series of one-night stand baybee-daddies that she never married. At least when she had more kids, she had them with a guy that she married. And I admire her for working to better herself and get an education.

The system needs to be seriously changed.
Anonymous User
Re: #1845: Essence article
September 10, 2006
Very sad, why is a person only worthy of help when you breed? Isn't her life by itself worth anything? *sigh*
September 10, 2006
I am also glad that the woman did not become a serial breeder living off of the government. It does bother me that this lady could not be helped when she was a teenager except when she got pregnant. What does that tell us of how society thinks of people...especially females? If the girl did not have a baby, no one would have given her the assistance she needed to get away from her crazy mother and life on the streets. She had no other choice to get out of such a situation but to become a mother. Thankfully, the woman had the inner-strength and desire to better herself of she could have been on the same path as her own mom.
September 10, 2006
You know, as a taxpayer, it totally burns me up that single people can't get help. Back on BRATS! a woman posted about being in a bad domestic situation and being turned away at a shelter because she didn't have keedz. That just fucking pisses me off.

Giving a single person assistance is COST EFFECTIVE. Many domestic abuse victims get pregnant because the men are control freaks and they know that's a way to truly control a woman. I'd rather pay the money to get the woman out of the situation before she gets knocked up or hurt. Or I'd rather pay the money for a single person to get job training. THAT PERSON is more likely to become a self-sufficient, tax paying person some day. They have a chance to escape poverty or domestic abuse.

It costs a lot of money to deal with the results of domestic abuse: chyld services, courts because these assholes want to put their drama on the court system, etc. If we can stop the cycle before it starts, we'd be a lot better off.
September 11, 2006
I am in 100% agreement, Bell_Flower...
Anonymous User
September 17, 2006
But I thought teenagers were children? Aren't children the most important thing in the world? I thought we were doing all this for the children? We must help the children!

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
[/sarcasm off]

Seriously though, when teens are doing asshole shit they're 'only children' but I guess if they are in a tough situation then they're adults and don't deserve help.

I can't say I blame this woman at all and how many other mothers have had to do the same thing? It makes me sick that my tax dollars won't help people like her but some welfare moo can sit around and squirt out ten brats on medi-cal.

I also agree Bell_Flower
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login