Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Man opens fire in church, but no KIDS were hurt

Posted by kidlesskim 
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Knoxville's police chief says the man accused of a shooting that killed two people at a Tennessee church targeted the congregation because of its liberal social stance.

Chief Sterling Owen IV said Monday that police found a letter in Jim D. Adkisson's car. Owen said Adkisson was apparently frustrated over being out of work and had a "stated hatred of the liberal movement."

Adkisson is charged with first-degree murder. Police say a gunman entered the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church during a children's performance Sunday. No children were hurt.

The church is known for advocating women's and gay rights and founding an American Civil Liberties Union chapter. "

This was one of the first reports, but they keep bringing it up in follow up reports about the CHILDREN, who remained unharmed in this tragedy. They hurried to mention in this report and on TV news that no KIDS were hurt. TWO people are dead and there were over TWO HUNDRED people there that day, but they keep stressing how it was during a children's performance and about how the KIDS were unharmed. If the kids were'nt harmed then why keep talking about them and their lack of being injured? I'd like to hear more about the 60 year old man who confronted the shooter and was killed, but undoubtedly saved plenty of other people due to his heroism. He's probably single and/or gay, and we all know that HIS life and contributions to society is worthless, in comparison to the CHILDREN.shrug
That always kills me, too. Why is it always so important that the kids survive? Are they wage earners or mortgage holders? Are they taking care of anyone? Who actually relies on them?
Re: Man opens fire in church, but no KIDS were hurt
July 29, 2008
I hate shit like this. Lessay there were 150 stressed out and upset adults involved in the aftermath of this horror, who do I hear blabbing about it on the radio? A moo, whose child was sitting near the people who were shot and got blood on her. "She was so upset, she had blood on her and just wanted to go home".
Gee, thanks News, thanks for finding the moo of a child who was splattered with blood, and thanks Capt. Obvious for pointing out that when child is splattered with the blood of someone who is shot near them, they might be upset. Guess what? Adults get upset too. I just met a guy who came back from Iraq, he's 21. He also got real upset when he was splattered with someone's blood...when that person was blown to bits next to him.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
I would perfer to have had 2 kids dead instead of 2 adults, Adults have paid some dues to become adults, kids have done NOTHING, they are useless, I still do not get why children are worshiped
I can't help but get the feeling that the reporters had wished some kids had been killed because it would have been a MUCH bigger story. That may be why they keep reverting back to the fact that it was a CHILDREN'S performance, then pausing like good actors do before they deliver an especially important line, and then follow up with, "but no children were hurt". It's like The Weather channel people did for a long time after 9-11, they were wishing so so so much they could have been real reporters when it went down. So, to get extra attention, everytime they gave a weather report from New York, they would say, ...."..and fog is expected in such and such NY today, .......just 20 miles south of ground zero...." They are still playing up Katrina like that on The Weather channel, and they really need to stop already.
Re: Man opens fire in church, but no KIDS were hurt
July 29, 2008
"I can't help but get the feeling that the reporters had wished some kids had been killed because it would have been a MUCH bigger story."

Yep. Media rule number 12: Dead Kids Sell Papers.
Dead adults, pah, not so much.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
A reporter was interviewing a woman about the situation, and she said it was a blessing that no children were hurt, and that she was very shocked and upset that the gunman chose the day of the children's play to come shooting -- like it would have been somehow better if he'd just shot up a building full of only adults.
The whole "women and children" thing bothers me to no end.
As a sideline, why stress "women" as if they are not adults and have to be assimilated to children?And what about men?No one minds if they get killes as they are sub-citizens?
It just reeks of sexism any way you look at it.

And it is in the poorer taste that the life of an undevelopped individual, ie, a child is valued more than that of an adult (who is supposed to make a constructive and intelligent contribution to society-hey, I did say "supposed")

I mean would anyone write "oh it's ok since the people who died were women/men/black/white/gay/had cancer/drank?"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login