Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duh on "Parking Wars"

Posted by LucyTrainWreck 
Duh on "Parking Wars"
January 07, 2009
Just a little while ago, I had on the TV show "Parking Wars" as background noise while I was busy doing some things. For those of you who don't know, "Parking Wars" is a reality show in which a camera crew follows a parking enforcement officer around Philadelphia. Much hilarity ensues when people try to argue their way out of a parking ticket. This episode had a man who started screaming his head off at a female officer who issued him a $41 ticket for parking illegally. He yelled "I can't afford my kids' diapers!! Do YOU have kids? How would you feel if you couldn't afford things for your kids? Now I can't buy DIAPERS!!" The officer became visibly upset and told him to call the number on the back of the ticket to explain that he couldn't afford the fine. The next scene showed her crying after the duh walked away while she explained that she had three kids of her own and felt bad for him.

I'll bet a million dollars that an elderly person or a single/CF person who is arm's length from homelessness would not be shown the same mercy. angry flipping off Plus, there are CLEAR signs around the city informing motorists of which parking spots are illegal and those that are not. I've been to Philly myself numerous times, so I know this. Someone is not above the law just because he is a duh. $41 would be a large chunk out of my paycheck too, but no one would feel bad for me because I don't have crotchdumps running around. :baybie1 I had to do everything in my power to not yell at the TV screen.hitting over the head with a hammer
CFBitchfromLA
Re: Duh on "Parking Wars"
January 07, 2009
Let me guess...duhd was driving a hugh-jass SUV?
January 07, 2009
They ALWAYS whine about "the chyldrennnnn" when they break the law, always. They can be sent to the slammer for the embezzlement of 250k in a 4 month time period and as they are handcuffed while disembarking from a cruise ship they wail, "But my chyylllld needed "things", what was I supposed to do?". The media downplays shoplifting when it is a kiddie related item or when they claim to be stealing to sell whatever it is to buy diapers, formula, etc.... That moomie in jail show has women on there convicted of murder who say, "Who will look after my kyds, its my KYDS that I am worried about?????", Whatever. They should have thought about their kyds BEFORE they broke the law, not after. PUNISHMENT, such as parking fines, are meant to be a deterrent to crime. He was supposed to think, "Gee, if I get caught parking here then it will cost me $40 and I won't be able to buy any diapers". Why can't these whores think, "Ya know, if I keep on selling crack, then I may finally get caught and be sent away to prison. I had better stop doing this because there will be no one to look after my kyds".:bdid

I have ABSOLUTELY ZERO sympathy for criminals who whine about their stupid kyds. They should have thought ahead and either not had any kyds to humilate and shame or to have not become criminals in the first place. EVERY SINGLE TIME they interview a jail bird in lock up at a state prison, on death row, or even in short term confinement, they ALWAYS have something to say about caring about or worrying about their fucking kyds and it gets on my last nerve. It also makes me notice just how many PARENTS are doing time. RARELY do they interview anyone who says, "Thank God I never had kyds, otherwise there would be no one to look after them while I wait to be fried in "Ole Sparkey". ANYONE who claims to care about "the chyyldren" after having been convicted of a crime is a selfish, attention whoring, lying, asshole.ranting
January 07, 2009
With very few exceptions, parking regs are always clearly marked with signage. If anyone breaks the rules and parks in a restricted area "just for a few minutes" because they don't want to walk 50 more feet/because they're more special then anyone else, I have no sympathy. If one parking ticket wipes out the dipey budget, that parent needs to budget a whole lot better/call CPS to have the kids taken to a better home where their basic needs will be better met.
Anonymous User
January 07, 2009
Lucky for y'all, you have an advocate. Me grinning smiley. I don't give a FUCK if they have kids. I just smile and say: "Sign here please. This isn't an admission of guilt". Now that my hours have been cut to barely anything, I'm just LOOKING for a reason.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login