Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MORE Neanderthaloid Reasoning From Pro-Breeder Idiot

Posted by MerlynHerne 
MORE Neanderthaloid Reasoning From Pro-Breeder Idiot
January 13, 2009
Found a couple of posts from a real idiot on the board at Change.org in the same sex marriage section. This breeder-pleaser probably thinks the human race will die out if gay people marry. What a maroon!

Childbearing and marriage have always been, and still is synonomous to a majority of the people in American society.

On Tax Forms Exemptions can include any number of things including really old people. The term on Tax forms is "Dependent".

And you are correct in saying that this is one way of identifying people with children. However, this does nothing to identify "potential" parents. Children are always an accident, even when they are planned. AND THAT'S why we need to be able to identify potential parents. Marriage still qualifies, just barely, as a major source of THAT group of people.

Our increased ability to cover school shootings in the news has given us the ability to see what happens when children are not given the attention they need. Even with two parents and an education system it's hard.

And thanks for pointing out that there is a problem with people having children out of wedlock. Obviously, marriage was not as attactive as it should be to both of the biological parents of such a child.

Currently the only institution that we can use to identify potential parents is Marriage. We, as a society, should be doing everything we can to strengthen this institution and make it attractive to potential parents.

In my opinion, Same Sex Marriage does not do that. Rather it would seek to change Society's definition of marriage to "a social unit" from "a family unit".

My answer to twerp:

Mr Bozeman, grow up and come into the 21st Century. People simply do not marry for personal reasons known only to them. Some people marry who cannot or do not wish to have children--shall we deny them marriage?

As a childfree, happily married (in Canada) gay man I can tell you that children are not the end-all and be-all of marriage. Marriage should be primarily for companionship and a way to celebrate commitment.

Answer from twerp:

If I understand right you would prefer that Marriage be defined as a social unit.

In the US people who get married and who don't want to have children often wind up having children anyway. This is an excellent example of why our society should be doing everything we can to strengthen "marriage" as the institution that identifies "Potential Parents".

As for heterosexual couples that can't have children, the only 100 percent affective way of doing that is to remove certain organs from one or the other person's body. All other methods, based on what I know now, have allowed "accidents". As for refusing them marriage; I am all for any action that strengthens our american society's ability to identify and help parents, and potential parents.

And thanks for the excellent point that Children are not the be-all and end-all of marriage. But they ARE the be-all and end-all of a Society. And my point has been that american society, and the government chosen to manage that society, has the responsibility for maintaining the requirements that maintain that society.

My reply:

I am sorry but children are NOT the end-all and be-all of a society and even if they were, Canada has done just fine after legalising same sex-marriage. America would find out that straight married society would go along quite nicely even if the institution were opened up to same-sex couples.

If a couple does not want to have children, there is something called abortion. Of course, I am sure that pro-natalists are working to close that loophole. I am for women having control of their own bodies and that includes the decision to reproduce or not.

Not everyone in this world is pro-natalist, and we have rights as well as the heterosexual childed couples. It's sad that you don't want to come into the 21st Century and realise that we ALL have the right to life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness. Have children if you want them so badly or are too lazy to use birth control, but leave those who do not wish to do so alone and free to marry if they wish. America will not drop into the abyss because same sex couples are given the right to marry.

Goddamned breeder-pleasers!angry flipping offangry flipping off
Re: MORE Neanderthaloid Reasoning From Pro-Breeder Idiot
January 13, 2009
I can't make much sense out of his rambling nonsense. It's bleakly funny, in a dark and grim way, to see the lengths people will go to to dress up their bigotry, fear, and ignorance in noble-sounding, pretentious, illogical nonsense that has no connection to life in 2009.

But often these fear-riddled control freaks enforce their ignorance on others to bad effect--I am ashamed to say that in my state in Kalamazoo they have just voted to strip health insurance from the partners of gay city workers, who now have one month to scramble to find some substitute. http://www.afamichigan.org/2007/06/04/associated-press-kalamazoo-ends-benefits-to-gay-partners/

It's frustrating to me to see how slowly gay rights are progressing. Like my dad once said, it's probably just a matter of time till the old bigots die off. Sometimes I want to help with that...
January 13, 2009
Ironically, many of those pro-lifer/ pro-marriage/pro-kyds types are VEHEMENTLY opposed to same sex marriages due to the fear that gay people might start reproducing more often by IVF, surrogacy, or adoption even, and THIS is what upsets them the most, I believe. It appears that there are as many breeders or moomie/duddy wannabees in the gay community (percentage wise) as there are in the straight. These religious types think it is an abomination of God for same sex people to raise children and if gay marriage happens on a federal level, we will see a LOT more of gays raising children for a variety of reasons. Many of the conservative gay community still abide by the old rule of "no kyds outside of marriage", and that's the only thing standing between them and a busload of kyds. Although not being married certainly hasn't deterred many people of late from breeding, it would certainly make adoption easier and IVF more socially acceptable among same sex partnerships.

These fundie nutcases want straight white couples, "male and female", to breed until EVERY quiver is filled, but of course they draw the line at any other race or religion self replicating at the same alarming rates of speed. So, it's only expected that they wouldn't care too much for same sex unions to spawn kyds and they always fall back on biblical references, which are sketchy at best regarding WHO should breed with WHOM. Many of these assholes use The Tower of Babble as an excuse to call inter-racial marriages a "sin" and going against GOD'S OWN WILL, since he segregated all of the people and made their langages different, that one time. These people can NOT be reasoned with as they are way too far gone as far as having been indoctrinated into this nonsense long long ago. I have NEVER been able to carry on an intellectual conversation with a religious fundie as they are programmed, set in their thought processes like hardened concrete, and their minds (or what's left of them) are sealed up tighter than a safe at Ft Knox.
January 16, 2009
I cannot believe there is nothing more pressing these fucking fundie religious zealots can worry about. Wanting to make the god-damned rules for everybody else. SO TYPICAL.
January 16, 2009
KidFreeLuvnLife
I cannot believe there is nothing more pressing these fucking fundie religious zealots can worry about. Wanting to make the god-damned rules for everybody else. SO TYPICAL.

Yep, the whole fundie shtick can be summed up in one word: control. Of course birth control (for the straight white couples anyhow) is NOT on that list,hot smiley
January 16, 2009
What is it with them and their obsession with 'the human race might die out!!!'?

First of all, who gives a shit? Which one of them, exactly, will be around to witness the human race dying out? And how would a lonely individual somehow know he/she was the last one on Earth? By walking around it and checking under every last table and in every last closet?

Only people of very small minds, who've never actually travelled anywhere outside of their own backyards and so have no appreciation of the size, the strength, and the diversity of beings on the planet, can actually make themselves cry at the thought of their little hometown empty of people and think that that's all there is to the world.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
January 16, 2009
i am looking forward to the end of humanity, give me the zombie invasion. humans are overated

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
January 16, 2009

In the US people who get married and who don't want to have children often wind up having children anyway. This is an excellent example of why our society should be doing everything we can to strengthen "marriage" as the institution that identifies "Potential Parents".

Uhm...no. This is an excellent example of idiocracy. We all know just how much chidren "strengthen" a marriage. Fucking fundie dipshits.
January 16, 2009
My MIL who is a total Jesus freak, thinks that if gay people would become Baptist, they would be cured of their gayness.
She also thinks that if I found Jesus, I would want kids.
No logic to their thinking.
And I did find Jesus, he was hiding in the hall closet.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
January 16, 2009
Interesting, MWR. Yes, they'll have better luck with the old testament. Ah...back when the world wasn't overpopulated with 6 million 'miracles'. Back when we actually needed to breed. If only they would get their fucking heads with the times!
January 16, 2009
MerlynHerne
(from poster on other board)
"Children are always an accident, even when they are planned."

Huh? :eh??

I can barely understand a thing this ignorant, narrow-minded asshole wrote.
January 16, 2009
Yep, he's a real ignoramus. I had to have a couple of margaritas before taking him on.
Meh. The debate's almost academic...technology is coming to the point where we almost don't even need a human body to make kids at all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login