Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Men who don't find curvy women attractive 'could father children with autism'

Posted by mercurior 
Men who don't find curvy women attractive 'could father children with autism'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1109722/Men-dont-curvy-women-attractive-father-children-autism.html

Men who do not find the shape of the curvier woman most attractive could be more likely to father children with autism, according to a study.
Researchers showed 100 men with autistic children pictures of curvy women, women with athletic frames and more rounded women and found that they do not have a preference on which figure they find more attractive.
The new research from the University of Bath suggests that fathers of autistic children do not share the preference of men across the world for the curvier woman.

Studies show that the waist-to-hip ratio of 70 per cent is what the majority of men find most attractive because it correlates strongly with good health and fertility. Genetic influences and high-testosterone levels during a baby's development in the womb have been linked to autism (file picture)

Women within this range tend to have optimal levels of oestrogen and are less susceptible to major diseases.

However women whose ratio shows their waist is bigger than their hips, or vice versa, tend to have higher levels of testosterone.Testosterone encourages fat to deposit on the waist while oestrogen encourages fat to deposit on the hips. Dr Mark Brosnan and Dr Ian Walker from the university's Department of Psychology found that as a group the fathers of autistic children didn't all go for the same figure as their most attractive choice.

Genetic influences and high-testosterone levels during a baby's development in the womb have been linked to autism. Dr Brosnan said he hopes the research will increase understanding of the causes of the condition. 'Autism is widely regarded to have genetic origins which may combine with hormonal influences', he said. 'We wanted to investigate the mechanisms by which these genes come together in a parental pairing, whether it is by chance or if it could be due to different preferences in choosing a mate - so-called assortative mating.

'This study raises some interesting questions about how the person we are attracted to could impact on our offspring.'Dr Brosnan said they are now contacting mothers of autistic children to determine whether body shape is a factor in autism. 'We'd like to include mothers to examine what body shapes both parents of children with autism perceive to be attractive. 'The next phase will then be to assess the actual dimensions of parents of children with autism.' The study is the first of its kind and is published this month in the Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorder.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
"Lazy thoughtless men who find lazy thoughtless women attractive could father children with autism"

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Wow, they'll blame anything just to avoid blaming today's shitty parenting skills, won't they? "Hmm...autism is prevalent in the US...men in the US tend to prefer slimmer women...blame the skinny women! Most of the skinny ones haven't sprogged yet! It must be their fault!"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
As an experienced medical researcher, I want to ask who in the fuck sponsors these studies?

With so many chronic illnesses yet to be fully researched, why is money being wasted on shit like this?
"However women whose ratio shows their waist is bigger than their hips, or vice versa, tend to have higher levels of testosterone.Testosterone encourages fat to deposit on the waist while oestrogen encourages fat to deposit on the hips"

If a woman's belly measures larger than her hips,(due to FAT not muscle or body type) then she is generally considered to be out of shape and overweight. SO, from this I conclude that it's lazy fat moocow's OWN FAULTS when they squat out these awwwtistic brats. Come to think of it, whenever they shows moocows in documentaries and in print media with awwwtism spectrum kyds, they are almost always fat. If they can isolate the "fat,ugly, and stupid" genes, they might just find the answer to the puzzle of the epidemic of retard kyds anyway.
kidlesskim
"If they can isolate the "fat,ugly, and stupid" genes, they might just find the answer to the puzzle of the epidemic of retard kyds anyway.

If WE could do that, we'd be stinkin' rich! waving hellolarious
Next up: a study of how men who eat nuts are more likely to father children with mental health issues.

Why don't they funnel that money into something worthwhile?
Heh...maybe I can use this a yet another reason for why BF and I should never have kids. He's attracted to my flabby fat ass, so that could mean a greater risk of potential spaz spawn - oh noez! :chug

Kim makes a good point - it seems all the moomies who have retarded or awwtiztick kids are massive. Sooo, maybe this study is on to something. But of course it's the men's fault...*never* the moomies.
That's the most specious "medical study" I've heard of in a while. Correlation is not causation. Why don't they study whether mommies who eat garlic-stuffed olives have a higher percentage of awwtism-spectrum kids? Ridiculous.
I don't know where this crap comes from. Looks like the poster pulled it out of his posterior extremity due to severe episodes of boredom.

This message is from an autistic person and the mother of two autistic daughters and wife of an Asperger man.
Ah don't go saying that the parents of autistic children are flabby and out of shape. I have a great figure. In fact I get stopped by men all the time when I am out and about. My most interesting genetic heritage affords me a bouncy booty like Beyonce and breasts like Kim Kardashian. So let's cool it with the put downs on autism.
its from Dr Mark Brosnan and Dr Ian Walker from the university's Department of Psychology, and is published in

The study is the first of its kind and is published this month in the Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorder.

i was the original poster, from a valid newspaper, from valid psychologists, and published in the journal of autism and developmental disorder.

and you are just??? have you got qualifications on psychology, have you been published in a prestigious journal.. i dont think so.

of course you know more than professionals, .. why. because you have kids. that means you know more right.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
I'm guessing the government sponsored this pseudo-scientific garbage. After all, there's no better place to go for funds for any kinds of retarded 'study'.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login