Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

At what point do people stop calling it a tragedy?

Posted by Anonymous User 
http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/41004267.html

This is now their 3rd child who died due to cosleeping. She does have 8 kids at age 30 so I guess there were a few she didn't kill. One could be an accident. Maybe two. But three? Give me a break!
Re: At what point do people stop calling it a tragedy?
March 10, 2009
Yes, one does wonder. Give me a break, already.

No sympathy from me on this one.
Eight children at age 30 is not enough? Should they start behaving like humans and not like animals? Münchausen syndrome by proxy, anyone? :crz
March 10, 2009
She should have stopped that invasive parenting after 2.
March 10, 2009
No, I would call it stupidity.eye rolling smiley
March 10, 2009
Hmm... Wonder if any of these moothers do this 'co-sleeping' on purpose? 'Tragedy' indeed... lurking I'd like to know how many of these co-sleepers' realized they hate being parents. Kinda like SIDS...
I don't think this family was doing the cosleeping on purpose, like the crazy APers. This sounds more like, got drunk, had the kid on my lap, fell asleep kind of thing. Or -- already have 8 kids, no place else for this one to go, will sleep in my bed. Just the kind of breeders that really really shouldn't be breeding.

It just upset me that the paper kept calling it a "tragedy." I can think of many things that actually are tragedies; this isn't one of them. It had happened twice before! It was totally preventable!

To be honest, those kids had crappy lives in front of them anyway, so maybe it was for the best.
March 10, 2009
Insert well worn saw about the definition of insanity.

Ignorance is not knowing something and, perhaps, suffering due to ignorance.

stupidity is refusing to learn from the lessons of ignorance.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Yeah, doesn't sound so much like an AP things as it does some really lazy, irresponsible parenting. Though I wish it was an AP thing. I'd love some hard evidence that they're paruhnting in the stupidest way possible. Of course, their kyds really do speak to the results.
March 11, 2009
they will never stop saying its a tragedy. over and over they will say it.. ad nauseum.. we are a grief culture now. roadside shrines to the dead, shrines everywhere.. hillsborough, they keep bringing that out every year, sometime you have to let things go.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
March 11, 2009
mercurior
they will never stop saying its a tragedy. over and over they will say it.. ad nauseum.. we are a grief culture now. roadside shrines to the dead, shrines everywhere.. hillsborough, they keep bringing that out every year, sometime you have to let things go.

Or learn from your mistakes.
March 11, 2009
they never learn, thy would rather wallow in their grief than move on

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
March 11, 2009
Oh Milwaukee, there is a reason why you are the worst city in the midwest...because you are filled with STUPID ASSHATS!

So lessee...if I were to have a child in my care, and it smothered to death...I'm guessing I'd be charged with the murder of a child. BUT any parent who smothers 3 children "by accident" gets off scott free? Well, at least we know it's POSSIBLE for those whiny bastard breeders who constantly complain about how difficult their job is TO GET OUT OF IT BY SMOTHERING THEIR CHILDREN and claiming they were co-sleeping. STFU, breeders...don't like 'em? Smother 'em and begin having a productive life once more. Seems to me like maybe, just maybe, we'll be seeing breeders stopping in Milwaukee to smother their children, since they can't just leave them in Nebraska any more.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
It gets better -- turns out this moo was scamming the system for child care payments when she was the one watching her own kyds. I couldn't read the whole story because it was just too upsetting.
Remember the old saying: Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three or more times is enemy action.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login