Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You were right, Clem. Follow Up to the cats in the garage...

Posted by Seacreature 
You were right, Clem. Follow Up to the cats in the garage...
March 20, 2009

"We think it would increase the property value if you put a deck on over here. I went ahead and got some plans and I think you should do this...we want the value of OUR house to increase while you guys are living here."

"I'm not sure about the petunias. Why don't you dig those up and try some impatiens? After all, we might want to sell OUR house someday and I want it to have maximum curb appeal. And petunias are so...you know, middle-class."

"Oh, sweetie, you probably thought this was a good paint color for OUR house but it's just a bit...well, inappropriate. I've hired some painters--now, don't thank me--and they'll be here from March 20 till April 5 and they'll redo it ALL for you, you don't have to do a thing! It'll be SO much nicer!"

Holy crap, Clem, you dun predicted it! Check out the email I got from my cousin yesterday... The complaining begins...

I'm still doing shit around the new place..It's been kinda hectic cuz Trish's parents drop by pretty much whenever they want, + there have been dudes working in the back yard since we moved in, and they are like.."You cant walk on the cement..cuz it's not fully cured..or you can walk on the brick today, but not tomorrow because we have to put sealant on them.."
It's really been a major pain in the ass..I think they are done with the work now, or will be by the end of the week..But her mom wants to do a bunch of plants in the yard..It's cool with me cuz she pays for the stuff, I just wish we knew when they were coming over...Anyway, I'm done complaining now..Write me when you can....

Then he has to sound appreciative in the next one...

Yeah..her mom is really good with that shit..She does have a green thumb..Sometimes I wish she'd stick her green thumb right up her ass...J/K..She's sweet and means well, but she has no qualms about showing up @ the pad @ 8am on a Saturday..They live about 10 miles away up in the hills..

Uh-huh. It's gonna get even WORSE when the worm is born! HAH! Don't expect US to babysit, shithead!
Re: You were right, Clem. Follow Up to the cats in the garage...
March 20, 2009
Wow! I'll be darned.

I tell you, this situation would drive me batshit insane in 30 seconds. If I have wet concrete, I want to say where it goes, pour it and smooth it myself, and I want to draw initials and a date in the corner with a heart because it's ALL OURS. Same with, of all things, the plants. I have a very specific plan for plants in OUR yard and I am in charge of them and I want to make each and every choice, subject to agreement from DH. But WE make the choices. Also, I would NOT want anyone "just stopping by" at freakin' 8 A.M. ON SATURDAY to bother us--JEEZ! I hate unannounced visits and it always interrupts something I'd rather be doing.

My goodness. And it's only just begun....ai yi yi.

Seacreature, I am so glad you do not have to deal with this as you have your OWN place like us. Criminy!
March 21, 2009
I didn't know petunias were middle class.
March 21, 2009
Rose Red

You're right; I was just trying to think of a random example of the types of comment. Something more exotic and pricey would have been a better example...some rare grass or new hybrid rose or what have you. smiling smiley
March 21, 2009
clematis
Rose Red

You're right; I was just trying to think of a random example of the types of comment. Something more exotic and pricey would have been a better example...some rare grass or new hybrid rose or what have you. smiling smiley

winking smiley
March 23, 2009
Hehehe... You guyz iz funneh...

Seacreature, I am so glad you do not have to deal with this as you have your OWN place like us. Criminy!

Yea, we've got our own place, even if we do rent it. Oh well, thems the breaks right now. I'm confident that we'll be able to buy something some day, since we're saving with the whole not breeding thing. We may seem to be losing at first, but then we shall gain!

It's funny how my cousin defends her by saying the "she's sweet and means well" kinda bullshit. Yea dude, you're STUCK now. Be sure to throw in some ass kissing. Methinks they need to set some serious boundaries, NOW. It's going to happen sooner or later.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login