Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

As Promised.....A Server Rant

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
As Promised.....A Server Rant
April 10, 2009
Ok, so first a little backstory. I'm choosing to do things a little differently because after watching my friends graduate from college I have learned that you have to start working immediatley to pay off your massive debts. And most of my friends haven't been able to find jobs in their field and are servers, delivery people and so on with college degrees. So I decided to put off college unitl I'm 25 or so and I've been a server at the Olive Garden for 2 years. I hate it but it pays the bills. I live by myself and work for few months and save money, then travel for a few months at my leisure. It works for me. Ok, now for the rant. This happened a few days ago.

My day was going pretty good......at least nothing had happened to piss me off yet. Then the hostess came up to me with a sheepish grin on her face. You know it's going to be bad if the hostess has to come and warn you about it. "I just sat you with a table of 8" she says "It's 4 adults and 4 kids" FUCK. My worst nightmare. She shuffles off and hopefully stubbed her toe or something as karmic retribution. After many swear words, I drag myself to the table. 4 moos and their 4 brats. Already the brats are banging the silverware on the table and screaming while the moos chat on their cell phones. I put coasters on the tabe and immediatley the brats throw them on the floor. I introduce myself and ask what everyone would like to drink and instead of an answer I get this from the moo in charge.
"Yeah...excuse me but can kids eat the soup and salad"
"Yes ma'am,they can"
"Do I still have to pay for it?"
"Yes"
"That's outrageous! It's six dollars!"
Why does this bitch think she and her demon spawn are so special that she would be able to waltz in and be given free food? Hello! It's a restaurant. You eat food, you pay for it.
" Well, we will start out with 6 waters. And can you bring some breadsticks pronto? These kids are starving"

I will bring you some breadsticks whenever it is convenient to me, you selfish cow. From the looks of it, little Shitney devoured several packs of sugary fruit snacks on the car ride over here anyway and is far from starving. It's not my fault if you dont feed your children at regular intervals.

I get back to the table with the waters and moo in charge asks me if milk costs extra. "Yes" I say "It's 75 cents"
After much sighing about the 75 cent charge for milk the moos order them as well as soup and salad for themselves and pizzas for the brats. I ask them if they want any toppings on the pizza.
" No! It says on the menu that toppings cost 40 cents extra"

Ok...If you are having a problem paying 75 cents for milk and 40 cents for pizza toppings then you obviously can't afford to go out to eat. This doesn't bode well for my tip. The fat moos had 4 bowls of soup each and not only did I have to run back and forth refilling their bowls, everytime I walked up to the table they needed extra napkins to wipe off the sticky brats faces and extra olives because they are Shitney's favorite. And I had to do all this amid screams and whines and nasty, nasty baby talk from both moos and brats. "Oh hoooonnneyyyy.......here's your pizza you ickle sweetie" When they finally left, there were pizza crusts ground into the carpet and sauce all over the table. And there, among the debris, lay my 4 dollar tip wadded up like a used diaper. 4 dollars was really all they could manage to scrounge up between them? And after the hell they put me through! I make $2.13 an hour, so congratulatioins moo......I can't feed myself this week but I'm sure Shitney will be enjoying her brand new Hannah Montana doll. I hate kids!
Anonymous User
Re: As Promised.....A Server Rant
April 10, 2009
Oh how pleasant for you. eye rolling smiley Breeders always seem to be the most demanding, leave the worst messes, and the smallest tips.

This is related: I was browsing the App Store for iPhone apps last night, and there's one that lets parents find places where "kids eat free." hitting over the head with a hammer
Anonymous User
April 10, 2009
What a rude bunch! angry smiley If they're bitching about the costs, why don't they just go somewhere else where it's affordable or even better, cook their own damn meals!?! Oh wait, I forgot. The moos are too lazy to get up and it's too much work to make a simple meal because their little snotlings don't want to eat roast chicken with peas but wanted hot dogs and macaroni and cheese instead. That means forcing them to eat "GASP!" health foods!
April 10, 2009
What is this "ground into the carpet" business? If I had DARED to even throw something onto the floor as a kid, my folks would have had me pick it up, followed by me being transported out to the car while the rest of the family finished their nice meal inside. The idea was that eating out was a rare privilege, and we were supposed to be on best behavior. CERTAINLY not "grinding" good food into the carpet. Who raised these moos to think that such piglike behavior is acceptable? (no offense to pigs, who I'm told are clean and neat when given the chance).
April 10, 2009
I don't know how anyone is able to wait tables for a living without committing murder.

The only "problem" most breeders have with having to actually pay for what their brats consume has nothing to do with being able to afford it. It's that they think they should be able to feed them for free EVERYWHERE just because they're kyyyydz. Restaurants should just fall all over themselves at the opportunity to LOSE MONEY on people's damn kids by serving them free food. It's another aspect of the entitlement mentality, and it doesn't help that so many restos/hotels/airlines do advertise "kids eat/stay/fly for free!" It makes breeders expect it everywhere they go. As if the rest of us don't already over-subsidize their miserable life choices.

angry smiley
Anonymous User
April 10, 2009
And the worst part is that the Chuck-E-Cheese is right across the street! I make the conscious decision not to have children in my life and yet I still have to be subjected to them everyday.
April 11, 2009
CF VTer
Oh how pleasant for you. eye rolling smiley Breeders always seem to be the most demanding, leave the worst messes, and the smallest tips.

This is related: I was browsing the App Store for iPhone apps last night, and there's one that lets parents find places where "kids eat free." hitting over the head with a hammer

I want to own a restaurant, just so I can establish a policy: The only food your brats will get for free is the the garbage off the floor.
Anonymous User
April 11, 2009
Yikes. Another reason I am glad to have never been a server... Why do these people eat out (god forbid they COOK a meal) if they can't afford it? Simply ridiculous! A nasty mess and a $4 tip, what a kick in the pants. If you can't afford to tip properly, you can't afford to eat out.

I don't recall eating out unless it was a special occasion when I was a child. And to behave that way would have signified I wasn't eating out at all. Ever. Again.
April 11, 2009
This is exactly why parents with children should not be allowed into restaurants except the kind that involve lining up at counters, carrying trays, tables that are bolted to the tile floor, and paying before they consume. Serving staff are too good for 'em and the concept of tipping is above their intellect. F - A - I - L.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Anonymous User
April 11, 2009
....and the problem remains that 99.99% of women servers your age (or any age for that matter), would be fawning all over the kids and tell the moos how "cute" the whole situation is.
April 11, 2009
I feel your pain, WS. I was a server and bartender for many years and had to deal with the same crap day after day. Basically, servers = personal slaves and bartender = babysitter for a lot of these assholes.
April 11, 2009
I have no qualms about asking to be moved if seated near children. did it Friday, as a matter of fact. the parents DO notice.
April 11, 2009
Wow, just wow. Entitlement knows no bounds!!

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
Anonymous User
April 11, 2009
Rose Red
I have no qualms about asking to be moved if seated near children. did it Friday, as a matter of fact. the parents DO notice.

We've loudly asked the hostess to seat us at a different table if she tries to seat us next to a famblee with tantrum-throwing brats. "Excuse us, is there a table free not near screaming children?" Oh boy, do we get death glares for that, but we just glare back. If we're paying for a dinner, we'll be damned if we have it ruined by some brat and its breeder's refusal to teach it any manners.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login